View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Offer expired, but we still welcome new members of all kinds 

I know everyone wants Aerlen or Lazuli Fixers to massage their base stats, but The Galactic Spot is currently looking to move our Physicist count off zero.

Further applicants (of any profession) will get all the benefits of our other members:

Level 8 base output (Arti 7x Mega, Research Very Abundant)
Regular Kurenite giveaways
Shareable artefacts on demand (within reason)
Regular elite and boss shares
Universal Service Terminal
Mission Control Centre
CT lab with everything but Polaron Emitter and TPP

We may be small right now but we have been a top 50 legion before and we will hit the top 10 one day, count on it!

Last edited by Dave_smith354 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:58 pm

Warning, prepare for shield And hull breaches daily if you go physicist...just sayin

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:34 am

juiceman wrote:
Warning, prepare for shield And hull breaches daily if you go physicist...just sayin

I already changed myself, but I was getting those anyway. Could you explain precisely why I should expect those (other than the 30% buff being transferred to a stat which is usually half as big, there are plenty of professions which buff neither of them)?

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Dave,

Sure no prob. So, if you are simply buffing shields in lieu of so many other options here are a list of reasons you might expect to die more often:

1) Shields are by far the easiest thing to debuff...one krio
2) Shields are also the least amount of protection all things considered between hull, def, and shields
3) 30% even on 100k shields is only another 30k shields, figure even at 1500 per hit, 20 hits= 1oo more energy to kill you...and that is assuming alot as far as your shield totals. Anyone with that much in shields prolly doesn't need 30% more and/or it won't make a difference to those who would target you
4) People will or should correctly assume you have a shortcoming of defense or are doing that profession for a reason (mission, medal, etc) and may need the exact same medal you are that profession for.
5) People may just go hmmm...he aint getting as much arti prod (excavtor) as virtually everyone else on my bt, i think i'll give him a go.
6) People may just assume you suck (ie- dumb) since you are playing that profession. Personally i like flavor and doing things you're own way, that said, facts are facts and people are targeted for a number of reasons.
7) How many people whos ship is pretty decent WANT to be physicist? Show of hands anyone? The ssb doesn't..their dam cap does the trick. High ranks don't..they want the 10% arti boost. Low ranks dont, they want the aerlean or fixer bonus.... this leaving people who dont give an eff, 'artist' players, and the ecclectic.

Just my thoughts. I fully think it's cool to do something different, but I would certainly expect a spanking for doing it.

ps- 1000 ctp for losing out on other much more beneficial outcomes seems silly also...not a big number. I won't illuminate further on that, but to PAY $ (most likely) to change to it, and/or to join a random legion and stay there C(how long?) as physicist to collect doesn't seem very worthwhile.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:12 pm

I accept your arguments under most circumstances, but I would like to respond as follows:

Points 1-3: I won't disagree with these
Point 4: Actually, there is a reason (medal) for the duration of the Q-Pedd event. If I get no response before it ends I will withdraw my offer. Also, as I have changed to Physicist for the duration, S/he will get the opportunity for the medal within TGS (especially if I get 3 each of Drannik, Physicist and Raider - we already have plenty of the other requirements).
Point 5: I can't exactly argue with that, but I was Litheor for a few months and didn't notice any increase over Talth excavator.
Point 6: I like flavour too, that's why I was an Inergon Physicist for my first 90 ranks in this game (before I started to take it seriously). As to how dumb I am, I will let others judge me on that.
Point 7: I am not asking anyone to change. I would just like to find a few who are already that profession and willing to come to TGS. I think a lot of low ranks would jump at the chance and might well stay on. The three groups you mentioned are probably rather larger than you may estimate, besides which I think you meant eccentric, not eclectic.

As for the rest, I was invading planets with paradox generators in the new year so I didn't need to spend a penny, owing to my surplus of "Sphere(s) of the New Era". No-one else need spend either, as I stated above I am only looking for existing physicists/Drannik/raiders. If the reward is too low I could increase it within reasonable bounds.

Finally, TGS are not a "Random Legion". We have a long history and a level 8 base, a good core of dedicated players and some very strong ships (not mine, but several of our other members).

Otherwise, I am very grateful for the feedback you provided.

DaiQO, Leader of TGS (looking for a sig if anyone is still making them)
P.S. don't ask about the Q or the O, I don't know what they mean either.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:21 am

sure, not meant as slam on ya for sure....best of luck!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]