View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Legion, Rube Goldberg, Virgin CTL, Eureka Opportunities 

Rube Goldberg: Epitomizing everything Galaxy Legion is about...Heroic Effort, Trivial Results :D

We're a new legion of very experienced players, many with almost 5 years in this galaxy. Drama makers will be purged immediately in order to keep our goal a reality: drama-free gameplay for those who still love the game. Come check us out for as short or as long a time as you wish.

Side Note: We have a virgin Complex Theory Lab available for the Eureka medal for a short time. We're looking for 5k CTP for a single discovery but Genius medal attempts will be reserved for permanent members.

EDIT: CT Lab is now closed for outside Eureka shots.

Last edited by matthewj1987 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:16 am

For whatever its worth, i know several of the main characters in this legion. All very cool real life people. The intent is truly to kick ass AND to have fun. Everyone says that, then imposes rules and gets all political. I would suspect this legion is all people you'd like to be tight with in real life.

Best wishes for the legion guys.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 am

Thanks Kool and yes later this week when we are all mostly loyal see us for your basing needs :D

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:45 am

So, can't go there to attempt Eureka ? Sad :(

Anyway, good luck to your legion mates!

Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:03 am
Profile WWW

matthewj1987 wrote:
...Epitomizing everything Galaxy Legion is about...Heroic Effort, Trivial Results :D ....

Truest thing posted in a long time.... :lol: Good Luck with the new legion

Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:01 pm

old established legion with 33 members going the same way as many legions may need to merge to survive we have a L7 base with most discoveries thoughts ?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Draygunnar wrote:
old established legion with 33 members going the same way as many legions may need to merge to survive we have a L7 base with most discoveries thoughts ?

Sorry the legion is drying up. Those of you with sufficient rank and firepower to be of value in a base fight are welcome to apply at Rube.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:37 am

asquall wrote:

Once those who need Eurekas get it, it's open for aspiring geniuses. If that's of interest to you, I'll be happy to announce when it's ready.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:40 am

Captain Crunch wrote:
asquall wrote:

Once those who need Eurekas get it, it's open for aspiring geniuses. If that's of interest to you, I'll be happy to announce when it's ready.

Yes please. And maybe I'll spend another week or two to check things out :D

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:56 am
Profile WWW

Whats gonna be different from Martini Vanguard?
Does Martini Vanguard even exist in some form still??

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
Whats gonna be different from Martini Vanguard?
Does Martini Vanguard even exist in some form still??

Gave MV to the Pirates for a sub. What's different? I don't know. Even payouts and people solely focused on having fun with the only rules being related to a reduction in douchbaggery and jackassery.

That won't appeal to everyone, but for grownups who want to have fun in a relaxed environment, it's worth coming by.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Well, I'm working on that 300M research medal. When you need help with the higher CTL discoveries, let me know.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:52 pm

I just don't understand whats going to be fundamentally different from any of the previous legions you folks have been leaders/officers in.

"a reduction in douchbaggery and jackassery" - This just sounds like you folks didn't get along with the people in previous legions and you've run off yet again to make your own legion.

Charging people 5k ctp to get their eureka medal? I think you will find lots of people who think that is a douchebag move.

Maybe it's just me here but I don't understand what you folks are trying to sell.
Legion has small legion bonus so cloaked planets are up for grabs.
You can't use the ct lab and if you try to research anything you gotta pay 5k ctp.

Who does the 5k ctp go to? The base?
If you are this desperate for 5k ctp I don't see where the base is even going to make it to level 7.

Where is the relaxed environment for grownups?
Not trying to trash your recruitment or whatever this is, just trying to understand.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
I just don't understand whats going to be fundamentally different from any of the previous legions you folks have been leaders/officers in.

"a reduction in douchbaggery and jackassery" - This just sounds like you folks didn't get along with the people in previous legions and you've run off yet again to make your own legion.

Charging people 5k ctp to get their eureka medal? I think you will find lots of people who think that is a douchebag move.

Maybe it's just me here but I don't understand what you folks are trying to sell.
Legion has small legion bonus so cloaked planets are up for grabs.
You can't use the ct lab and if you try to research anything you gotta pay 5k ctp.

Who does the 5k ctp go to? The base?
If you are this desperate for 5k ctp I don't see where the base is even going to make it to level 7.

Where is the relaxed environment for grownups?

Not trying to trash your recruitment or whatever this is, just trying to understand.

It all goes to the base. As for the other stuff, we've never been together in a legion, so I guess you'll have to make your own opinion of me knowing me only through the forum. I get along with everybody. There are tons of threads trashing players. I don't have one, and I've been involved in a lot of top legions. If I was a real jerk, I suppose people would be interested in telling the world.

As for understanding what we're selling, I can't really explain it further or better. Some people already get it and are here and some are expressing an interest in coming, if only for the medal. That's ok too. If they're here long enough, they'll form their opinion of me and more importantly, the legion as a whole.

We tried some different legion styles in the past. Some ideas worked, some didn't. The passion that we pursued them then is replaced by a passion for focusing on making friends more than making the next 20x planet. Lessons were learned and the game is more enjoyable now.

I don't consider you trying to trash the thread here, and I don't take GL seriously enough to worry about it if you were. You're a top ship in a top legion so I imagine you're set. You aren't really our targeted market, but if you'd like to drop in for a few days to get to know us better that would be great. If you would like to add me as a FB friend, I'd be happy to chat all day long. I suspect we have a lot in common and what's FB if not to make friends?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:26 pm

You know, Tree speaks a lot of overall game wisdom and some well hedged generalizations which are true...but these posts, like many of his seem to have the passive aggressive intent of slamming someone for trying something. Why do you care what happened to MV or if this legion succeeds? 3-4 of your legionmates have been banned in recent weeks... I won't suppose to venture a guess at why, I'll just reference the biblical point to make here 'don't try to help your brother with the cinder in his eye, deal with the block of wood in your own.'

Eots is a STRONG legion, but many people think it is full of douchebaggery--fair or unfair...that's the perception. Yet I don't go into your thread and talk smack about anyone there or how things are done. If your way differs from theirs, so be it.

These guys want to do their thing, re-invent themselves and their legion brand concept and roll forward....isn't is usually considered bad form to bag on a legion in their own recruitment threads? Several of their members have been around and are decent ships and in real life good guys. They aren't after the perfect playstyle at this point, nor the ideal legion. They just want a relaxing respite from the vigors of life.

I will hazard a guess at how this might be different from martini. It is doing equal shares, which martini wasn't. It already has more members than martini did at the end. It won't be driven as much trying to herd or control members...which accomodates a lot more ships. Also it offers an open invite to help people accomplish some in game goals that frankly they can't get just anywhere.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:21 pm

I joined a few days ago and here is how I would describe it:

"Tired of being harrassed hourly to "get your LM done" or "hit that base for enough damage to be worthy of my respect" type of Legion? Want the option to take a day or two off completely just because your hobby is becoming too much of a hassle? How about playing alongside other players that don't feel the need to tell you what you really should be doing constantly? Yeah, me too. You and I have both been playing GL for a few years. You are an above average player. Sure, you're not an expert like some of those other guys and frankly I'm fine with that. This is an online game. A hobby. My career and my family are important things in life. A game is not and nor should be treated as such. When you're ready to play GL like a hobby and alongside people that know how to play too, come on over to Rube Goldberg.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:27 pm

couldn't have said it better myself Darth, Thank you :)

Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:45 am

19 people. 7 at level 200 and under.

43rd in strength.

Plenty of good seats still available for those who want to relax, have fun and play on your schedule with an ever-increasing collection of good ships.

My offer of a fulfilling FB friendship still stands for anyone who wants to get to know us better.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:56 am

Our last Eureka seeker just went loyal. A lowbie, but we pray the RNG always be in her favor.

Aspiring geniuses be ready.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Blues Brothers
Members: 9 (100% active)

Stats
No Drama and we love low ranks so come join the fun!!!!
Established 3 days, 16 hours ago
Members 9 (100% active)

Rube Goldberg
Members: 16 (100% active)

Stats
Heroic effort. Trivial results. Veterans Retirement Home, Old Folks Place, Cabin of the Crabby Captains, you choose. We exist to enjoy the game without your drama. Feel free to join if you fit.
Established 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Members 16 (100% active)

You folks already making a sub legion? :lol:

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next