View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NEW LEGION 

id be curious who outside the posting parties reads the forum....if we had some metrics on that....

To play devils advocate...the people who DO post on here and/or read the posts...know a lot of people in game...so the idea of word of mouth at least has some basis in posting here. I see legion recruitment for a number of legions...i say why not post...at worst the poster spent a few minutes of their time to formulate and heopfully precisely state what they want to do....holistically this has value in as much as helping that player think through some of the ideas and maybe formulate even better future ideas.

So a big neutral from me on recruiting posts.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:13 am

I'm not saying stop making legion posts at all. I'm just questioning their effectiveness, but really what can it hurt. Unfortunately lately the trend seems to be to hi-jack legions posting with negativity coming from other legions. I don't really see how that is going to help anyone. If a player reads the post, joins, and finds out the legion didn't live up to its postings/claim....leave and join another legion. What's the big deal.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 am

I truly believe there are folks who so strongly believe a lot of smaller legions weaken the game so they attack them at any time they can. another argument i hear from so many is your crazy for going to a small legion because it leaves you so vulnerable with no bonuses for your planets. Well we have folks in our legion that have never built a base from the ground up......guess what its fun......recruiting is fun.....meeting people who you have never played with is fun. I see a bunch of pluses and as far as planet bonuses go with all the planets that Dan has added i have lost 2 planets in a month in a half of less then 20% planet bonus.....luck maybe but boy am i enjoying a game that so many do nothing but complain about.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:07 am

galaxis wrote:
I truly believe there are folks who so strongly believe a lot of smaller legions weaken the game so they attack them at any time they can. another argument i hear from so many is your crazy for going to a small legion because it leaves you so vulnerable with no bonuses for your planets. Well we have folks in our legion that have never built a base from the ground up......guess what its fun......recruiting is fun.....meeting people who you have never played with is fun. I see a bunch of pluses and as far as planet bonuses go with all the planets that Dan has added i have lost 2 planets in a month in a half of less then 20% planet bonus.....luck maybe but boy am i enjoying a game that so many do nothing but complain about.

Agree completely. It seems like there are a few high-ranked players from strong legions whose mission it is is to always make negative comments about new/small legions. Guess what; if you're having fun that is what matters- nothing else. I've been in everything from top 20 legions to legions that probably weren't even in the top 100 and there were things I enjoyed about each and every one of them. Furthermore, my very first legion, which unfortunately folded, contained a lot of other players whom I still say hi to and chat with when I run into them in-game. That's been nearly a year and half ago now. Making friends along the way as you play is a big part of the game for me.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:08 pm

At least this legion has a good core of players, rank wise anyway..Unlike many new legions that were started with 1 rank 500 lol..

I think the biggest issue with starting new legions is that the player base doesnt really support more legions.Look at how many legions are already struggling to fill their spots.. Back in the day you could start a new legion and fill up with newbies. Not really the case anymore..The game is shrinking, not growing which makes new legions more difficult. Hell, im beginning to get bored with the game myself..retirement for me could come at anytime tbh.
Dont get me wrong though, if this is what ya want to do, more power to ya..Glad youre having fun.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:51 pm

SpaceCaseAce wrote:
At least this legion has a good core of players, rank wise anyway..Unlike many new legions that were started with 1 rank 500 lol..

I think the biggest issue with starting new legions is that the player base doesnt really support more legions.Look at how many legions are already struggling to fill their spots.. Back in the day you could start a new legion and fill up with newbies. Not really the case anymore..The game is shrinking, not growing which makes new legions more difficult. Hell, im beginning to get bored with the game myself..retirement for me could come at anytime tbh.
Dont get me wrong though, if this is what ya want to do, more power to ya..Glad youre having fun.

Or, if you are looking for a new challenge/inject some new fun into your game experience.... You COULD just take a hiatus from CN and forge out on your own to start a new legion :) I've yet to see any hard evidence that a plethora of small legions is bad for the game. Sure you have large numbers of small legions with zero actives floating around out there. Would they have remained active if they were in a big legion? Who knows.

Near as I can tell even large legions occasionally lose players due to inactivity. Perhaps there are players who enjoy the ..... take your pick.....challenge, camaraderie, big fish in a small pond syndrome, play with RL friends, etc, etc, aspect of the game. Big, powerful, well-established legions have their place - to be sure - but as with most things there is no "one size fits all" answer. Some of my most enjoyable time in the game was when I was co-leader of a smallish, often struggling, legion. Ultimately, the legion folded and players dispersed throughout the galaxy. Yes, some quit; but players quit all the time.....even from full legions.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Roddenberry1 wrote:
SpaceCaseAce wrote:

Or, if you are looking for a new challenge/inject some new fun into your game experience.... You COULD just take a hiatus from CN and forge out on your own to start a new legion :) I've yet to see any hard evidence that a plethora of small legions is bad for the game. Sure you have large numbers of small legions with zero actives floating around out there. Would they have remained active if they were in a big legion? Who knows.

No thanks, starting a legion from scratch doesnt sound like any fun at all.
My boredom has nothing to do with the legion im in, in fact the only reason I havent retired already is because I enjoy my legion. They are the only thing keeping me here. My boredom is simple to explain..Ive been doing this for 4 1/2 years or so..Its a miracle the game has kept my interest this long as I usually have a short attention spam for things.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm

5 years in may for me.....i just keep doing different things to keep interested and am lucky i get to play alongside some old friends and have made some new friends and hoping to make more.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:05 am

The legion for all those who flunked elementary school math and think that 250 energy per ship, for two ships hitting the target is less than 500 energy from one ship hitting the target!

GENIUS! :roll:

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Ahhhhhhh lets see 500 energy vs 250 energy..........yup less energy spent for each individual ship where is Kollaid when i need him to explain the benefits of hunting in groups :roll:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:08 pm

galaxis wrote:
Ahhhhhhh lets see 500 energy vs 250 energy..........yup less energy spent for each individual ship where is Kollaid when i need him to explain the benefits of hunting in groups :roll:

Yep, its less energy if your ok with averaging only 0.5 of a red badge :roll:

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:13 pm

Peticks wrote:
galaxis wrote:

but it is half the energy cost for the yellow than if done alone. plus ... there is less time for the shield to recharge ... and gemini cannons have less time to fire. pack hunting can be VERY effective if you can match rank ranges and scan.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:34 pm
Profile WWW

Peticks wrote:
galaxis wrote:

that all depends on how good a connection you and your co-conspirators have as well as how many are involved.

i've witnessed and been a part of many a group smackdown wherein multiple red badges were obtained against the same person.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:19 pm

still growing so come visit and see what we are all about.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:41 am

A small group of highly developed and well rounded players creating a legion of no rules? Rules aren't a bad thing, your example of locking npc's, a lot of people try to "soft lock" on as many npc's as they can, max rewards for less work, letting the rest pick up the slack. They'll over hit bases to get a maximum badge count even when not there for the take down. They will ask for a lot and not give back, they'll expect a good base payout but never donate.....some rules are made to protect those who do give a damn and try. There are some people who care nothing for their legion mates, and will bolt as soon as they don't like something....

I wish you guys lots of luck.

Pandering to slackers and lurkers never got me anywhere.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:25 am

Rakshasa wrote:
A small group of highly developed and well rounded players creating a legion of no rules? Rules aren't a bad thing, your example of locking npc's, a lot of people try to "soft lock" on as many npc's as they can, max rewards for less work, letting the rest pick up the slack. They'll over hit bases to get a maximum badge count even when not there for the take down. They will ask for a lot and not give back, they'll expect a good base payout but never donate.....some rules are made to protect those who do give a damn and try. There are some people who care nothing for their legion mates, and will bolt as soon as they don't like something....

I wish you guys lots of luck.

Pandering to slackers and lurkers never got me anywhere.

I see I need to clear up another misunderstanding......We are not a legion of "no rules" we are a legion of two rules .......treat your legionmates with respect and do not take advantage of them thats it. Now yes we have guidelines on certain activities like bases and npcs but we don't tell people how to play their game or what race to be or you have to do missions......you pretty much play whatever style you want. I have seen so much giving and support so far among our members it's made my game fun again. So if someone comes in and is being selfish and a asshat I'll boot them but never because they won't do a certain mission or task. I guess some people will never understand but the people in this legion are here because they want to be not because its the best place to grow super strong or super rich but because we enjoy each others company and playing the game together.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2