View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Looking for scanner legions 

Hi guys,

As a lot of folks know we do have scanner legion that share scan locks with us and so far its working out great.
What we are looking for some new ones to share scan lock since we do have a solid system in place that works.

Here is our requirements :

1. We do not accept nor want to hit glass bases ( the base must have bit of meat on it so many folks can get on board)
2. We do blitz kills where bases have no chance to defend ( pedal to the metal when a base comes up)
3. You or your leadership will be added to our base chat system so we can always be in constant communications when the time comes to scan and share the lock with us. ( This is a critical part since there are other scan legions in place)
4. We ask that the share locks are shared on time cause if not it really messes up the next scan legion timers.
5. We really like lvl 7+ base since the chances are greater for crystal drops.

What we promise in return :

1. Quick base kills ( most of the time)
2. Lots of stations, parser, rift traps. ( Yup stations galore)
3. CRYSTALS.
4. and those harder bases that you had trouble taking down in the past .. well... they will go down.
5. Immunity from the top legion in the game hitting your base.

and last but not least..

6. We have a Tree...

So if you guys are ready for a change to your basing system let us know via PM or legion comms.

Thanks

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

How this works

You (scan legion) have a Battle Pact with Eots and GP basically permanently if you are sharing to us regularly (1 to 2 bases a day)
Whenever you are able to scan you let us know and we let you know if scanning at that time works for us.
- If it does work with our schedule then you scan away
--- If you scan something you don't want to share, you lock and do whatever you want without us
--- If you scan something you want to share (that meets our requirements) then we establish a time to share the base that works for us and you. This time is usually about 5 to 6 hours later. So your legion locks a base and then for about 5 hours everyone in your legion is free to hit the base and when the agreed upon time arrives, you share the base to GP and EotS. At this point we kill the base as fast as we can.

- If when you want to scan does not work with our schedule then we let you know when would work with our schedule and you either wait or just go ahead and scan knowing that we will not be able to help you with any base you choose to lock.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:00 pm

any legion leaders considering this arrangement should review this previous topic on the results you can get as a scanning legion for a larger base group.

i would suggest touching base with other scanning legions who currently have this arrangement with EoTS (or have had it previously), and get a feel for what their experience has been like.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:46 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
any legion leaders considering this arrangement should review this previous topic on the results you can get as a scanning legion for a larger base group.

i would suggest touching base with other scanning legions who currently have this arrangement with EoTS (or have had it previously), and get a feel for what their experience has been like.

Well all 3 have been with us for over a year and a half now.

So....

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:26 pm

senatorhung wrote:

Wonder why you would have a problem with scanning legions... :roll:

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 pm

umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

Wonder why you would have a problem with scanning legions... :roll:

i *don't* have any problem with scanning legions. i just don't think they are appropriate for every legion, and nothing in this 'recruitment' post highlights any potential negs.

becoming a scanning legion makes sense if:
1. you don't get many reds in the legion and want to maximize their use by scanning for as few bases as possible before finding one appropriate to lock for the basing group
2. you consistently have folks overhitting on glass bases shared by your current basing group
3. you want to lock higher level bases, but don't have enough heavy hitters to take them down solo
4. you have an active enough leadership to handle the co.ordiation aspects with the other legions in your battle group
5. you accept that there may be a trade.off of lower silver badges in legion for a nominally higher chance at getting enumeration crystals FOR YOUR HEAVY HITTERS

there are probably other trade.offs, but like i said, any interested legions should be able to find out from EoTS who they should talk to so they can get an idea of what they should expect.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:44 am
Profile WWW

I would also suggest hitting up other top legions about becoming a scanning legion if you want a big legion to assist on kills as I would suggest eots + gp is not the best way to go to be honest. you should consider all the options before choosing after all

Oh and if you dont like that comment eots then please feel free to say how you want your scanning legions to be in the dark over alternatives because you may not be the best option :P

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:25 pm

You still wearing that halc and doing it wrong?

That was my personal favorite when you wore a halc for months.

Does wonders for credibility and words. lol

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:
You still wearing that halc and doing it wrong?

That was my personal favorite when you wore a halc for a couple of weeks.

Does wonders for credibility and words when your iritated by someone saying make sure to check the alternatives. You afraid that scanners will decide your not the best? awww

let me fix that for you, eots flunky ;)

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:31 pm

lol go put on your halc panties :)

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:34 pm

I find that being a leader of a lower ranked legion, I have a different opinion on this topic. Why would you put your members through being a scanning legion:
1. Your members would never get a good spot (More failed base raids)
2. Your bases hull will suffer from lack of silvers and clamps
3. You have to use more red badges finding a meaty base compared to the abundance of glass 6s

This is just what I think and pretty sure others will agree.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:23 pm

atomicwasted wrote:
I find that being a leader of a lower ranked legion, I have a different opinion on this topic. Why would you put your members through being a scanning legion:
3. You have to use more red badges finding a meaty base compared to the abundance of glass 6s

You get more crystals...

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:04 pm

umbongo wrote:
You get more crystals...

Not if you dont get a raid in because everyone (main BG) is ahead of you.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:45 pm

umbongo wrote:
atomicwasted wrote:

You get more crystals...

yeah, that was definitely disproved in the previous topic that i linked to.

EoTS and GP members definitely get more crystals, no argument. however, the feeder legion only gets more crystals if they lock level 7+ bases exclusively ... so the feeder legion members are trading off using more reds to get those extra raid chances ... and again, that is only for the heavy hitters. that said, if you are a mid.level legion with a sizable bunch of folks in the 600-1000 rank range, this might still be an excellent trade-off, and gives a great incentive for the members of the feeder legion to focus on boosting their attack strength for both base attacks and PvP for reds. there's also nothing stopping a legion from continuing to scan for bases as usual, but only feed the battle group with tougher bases that they can not handle themselves. not ideal for EoTS / GP ... but i don't think they care too much as long as they kept getting their crates.

for weaker legions ... locking the glass 5's and 6's gives much better prospects ... as Taylor Swift mentioned in the other topic ... glass bases require little energy on the part of attackers and are much more common (and hence more readily scanned) than those tougher 6's and 7's. if your own base is a weak level 6 or 7 ... the EoTS offer of immunity can also work out for you ... so you are trading off your silver and base raid crates for more consistent daily base payouts.

again, keep in mind, that the previous study only used ONE WEEK's worth of data from Tree and AU. that is why i recommended chatting with those who are currently acting as feeder legions to get an idea of their experience. obviously, they have gotten results that they consider to be justified, or else they would not continue to maintain the relationship. they may be able to highlight other possible benefits that are not apparent to those who have not been in feeder legions.

on a final note, being a feeder legion may just be less work. for AU, i have a spreadsheet listing 297 legions over nearly 2 years of base locks ... and i PvP a bunch (ask anyone in my badging range) in order to maintain a supply of reds to lock 3 decent bases a day. i am still trying to get my red badge buffer back up to over 2k ... but i am not there yet.

_____________Image

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]