View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Dysonians (Issues and Support) 

Roddenberry1 wrote:
Simple solution....only the person who paid for the mods can sell them. No one else is out any real money in any way. Also, in that situation this person would have not been able to sell any mods....problem avoided completely.

What happens if the person who paid for the mods gets banned, or quits, or loses internet access, or like... dies, or becomes unable and/or unwilling to play the game anymore for whatever myriad reasons people tend to go inactive?

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 pm

have seen crap like this happen in quite a few other games...
what it comes down to is trust...
Dont give someone you dont trust 200% access any abilities he can use to hurt the legion

if you want to make it imposible for someone to do this, having multible leaders sign off on sales of GP moduels doesnt work...
it would be quite easy for the player to make 2 dummy FB accounts, accept them into the legion, make them leaders and use those to sign off on the sales

so the only way would be to make it imposible to sell GP moduls, and only beeing able to take them offline

or

making a owner/founder title only one member pr legion would be able to have
and as owner he would also be the only member able to sell GP modules

@The Dysonians
sad to see this happen to you again
I hope Dan will be willing to help you or you all find new legons willing to take you in

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Blitz and Krauzen already provided the template. after their 'kicking everyone out of the legion' spree, Dan changed things so that at least one leader could not be kicked. but that was it. anyone can still do what Blitz did. and now anyone will still be able to do what was done in the OP if they are put into a position of authority. Dan has made very clear by his actions that he feels that legions need to be held responsible for their own decisions in who they promote to leadership.

as DarkMar said, it's about trust. the Dyso leaders felt that the offender deserved their trust. they were mistaken. could it have happened to anyone ? hardly. Roddenberry had a front row seat, so i would take him at his word that there were issues with the culprit during the time that he was being promoted. that is also why there is an officer category below leader. a leader is trusted to do ANYTHING, including selling off base mods.

as for the Dysos ... some members might even see it as an opportunity to get some of the GP-based medals that they had been unable to get after the base mods were already installed. or they can get people from other legions who have the mods but can't install them in their own legions to swing by the Dyso base and put them on. yeah, it will cost the Dysos some ctp, but thems the breaks.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

or Dan adds in the only way to demolish GP mods is to contact him like the same way to resetting your account goes if you turned it off.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:02 pm

atomicwasted wrote:
or Dan adds in the only way to demolish GP mods is to contact him like the same way to resetting your account goes if you turned it off.

that could work. i'd be surprised if it happened more than a handful of times a year ...

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

comaface wrote:
Roddenberry1 wrote:
Simple solution....only the person who paid for the mods can sell them. No one else is out any real money in any way. Also, in that situation this person would have not been able to sell any mods....problem avoided completely.

What happens if the person who paid for the mods gets banned, or quits, or loses internet access, or like... dies, or becomes unable and/or unwilling to play the game anymore for whatever myriad reasons people tend to go inactive?

IMO, then those mods remain active as long as the legion is active, but are simply not able to be sold since the only person (at least by my solution) that should be able to sell mods is the person who actually bought them. To me that is the ONLY people who have a legitimate gripe in all this because it is messed up that you pay for something with your own real money, yet someone else is able to sell it. Never-the-less that is the current system that we have and all leaders are, or should be, aware of the potential consequences when you promote others to leadership positions....

Quik edit: The idea of having to contact Dan prior to sale is also a good idea that could be perhaps implemented.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:38 am

SpaceCaseAce wrote:
To Blitz:
I do realize that your name was thrown out there before you responded to this thread and that could very well be the only reason you responded. That being said, I find it almost comical the way you come in here and try to justify, yet again, what you did. Like its somewhat more acceptable than what this latest yahoo did.

I think we all get why you did what you did as youve explained it several times.There could be more reasons you did it but this seems to be the one you talk about the most.
Negron kept you tabbed all the time, checked on you often and attacked you as soon as you repaired without fail. You asked for assistance from your legion and received none. You felt Negron had completely stopped your ability to play the game and you blamed your legion for it. You and some other bozo decided to end the dysonians by kicking all of its members in the middle of the night while they slept without warning or explanation.

Apparently you and this other guy felt you were the big boss leaders of the dysonians and felt it was your call and your call alone to end the dysonians. Maybe this was the case but im sure you could have found a better way of handling it. For example you could have demoted all legion mates to member and made all base options "leaders only". You could have made an announcement that you were disbanding the legion and they have xxx amount of days to find a new home or be kicked. Even better you could have just left the legion as you did anyway but could have avoided screwing over the rest of them.

No matter how you slice it Blitz, what you did was just as much BS as what this latest guy did.
Youre by no means any better than him.

I was told what happened and did see my name pop up and was being accused of possibly having an alt and doing it so I felt compelled to stick up for myself.

Me and Krauzen made our decision after being leaders and officers from the Dysonians beginning knowing exactly who and what the Dysonians were all about it.

When members try to change that belief, defy, conspire, spy, help the enemy and ignore the leaders then yes the leaders will act out.

For two months everyone was told to change what they were doing and be a " Dysonian " or they could leave.
No one left but continued to stay.

Being a " Dysonian " meant to pvp your ass off and hit and zero all alerts when you login.............. period. Everyone knew that. Hell everyone in the game knew it.
We heard that there were 4 of us and about 90% were collectors so yeah we were pushing hard to get the legion turned around.

I had cussed on the legion comm many times cussing them out .. until one day I got an ingame message from Dan that said I'd be banned if I did it again.

So after putting about 10 hours a day in the Dysonians for 3 years straight and being active defending the legion for that long and being one that had made sure that legion won every war and gained all of the respect it could get, I made my decision.
Krauzen had done the same thing for that long but wasn't as active at the end but he chose to vote as I did.

In the end no one wanted to be a Dysonian and what it had always stood for so the Dysonians died.
That's it ........ End of story.

If that legion couldn't be a legion of warriors it didn't deserve to be a legion period.
It was made with blood, sweat and tears and I'll be damn if it was going to be handed over to anything other than that.

It's OVER ... It has been for almost 2 years now. Get over it .... Learn from it.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:01 am

still no response from dan. doubt he's even checked. mods are checking in on the forums less regularly too. game isn't being managed.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:40 am

[quote="SpaceCaseAce]...Also, you seem to have an issue with the guy who did this, youve already stated that you didnt like the guy and left dysos because of him. Looks to me like your taking this opportunity to shove it down dysos throat in some sort of "i told you so" BS. IMO, this makes your opinion on this issue null and void.[/quote]

You're free to have all the opinions you want, wrong and uneducated as they may be. Fact..... 99.9% of the other legions in the game function just fine under the current rules regarding who can sell base mods. My personal opinion of this player has nothing to do with that. Fact .... I have NEVER supported altering long-standing rules to the game just because a small, small minority feels the rules somehow shouldn't apply to them.

Still don't believe me? How about educate yourself...... Fact.....When Hallucinations proposed altering the BT to suit him not all that long ago I stood vocally against that. I have no relationship in any way, good or bad, with him. If 99.99% of the rest of GL players can follow long standing rules it should be good enough for Hallucinations. Similarly, if 99.9% of all existing legions can function just fine under the existing rules, those rules should be good enough for Dysos as well.

Unfortunately you have decided to stop playing. If you ever decide to come back I hope you put on your big boy pants first and realize that all players/legions should be held to the same rules and not resort to whining/crying the first time something doesn't work the way they want it to or rules don't get altered just to suit a particular player/legion because they aren't happy and/or made poor choices under long-standing and well-established rules of game play.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Xx Blitz xX wrote:

For two months everyone was told to change what they were doing and be a " Dysonian " or they could leave.
No one left but continued to stay.

Being a " Dysonian " meant to pvp your ass off and hit and zero all alerts when you login.............. period. Everyone knew that. Hell everyone in the game knew it.
We heard that there were 4 of us and about 90% were collectors so yeah we were pushing hard to get the legion turned around.

I had cussed on the legion comm many times cussing them out .. until one day I got an ingame message from Dan that said I'd be banned if I did it again.

So after putting about 10 hours a day in the Dysonians for 3 years straight and being active defending the legion for that long and being one that had made sure that legion won every war and gained all of the respect it could get, I made my decision.
Krauzen had done the same thing for that long but wasn't as active at the end but he chose to vote as I did.

In the end no one wanted to be a Dysonian and what it had always stood for so the Dysonians died.
That's it ........ End of story.

If that legion couldn't be a legion of warriors it didn't deserve to be a legion period.
It was made with blood, sweat and tears and I'll be damn if it was going to be handed over to anything other than that.

It's OVER ... It has been for almost 2 years now. Get over it .... Learn from it.

There is actually some truth in this above statement .. The Dysos that were before died in a short time.. due to various reason such us getting bored with the game, work, studies and so on..

I remember our baseing days with this guys at first it was good then for some strange reason it just slowed down they even hardy showed up at times (POTC and TU did the same).. I would say from all the true dysos Gallin was the one that showed up all the time but the rest were no where to be seen.

Do i agree with XBlitzX for XBltizing them since he was the leader at the time and warned them about it.. In a way I do cause whats the point of being who u are and then stopped doing what the legion was all about .. Why have and be part of that legion in a first place if you changed ur ways .. (Yes some would say well he picked a fight with Negron.. so what I picked fights with Negron also its a game.. play the freaking game)

But thats dealing with ppl in general.

What i dont agree is no matter what happens to a legion no one should have the right to strip the base of GP mods..

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:15 pm

now your just babbling Roddenberry

And btw, when I played, I wore bigger big boy pants than you could even fit into

Last edited by SpaceCaseAce on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:53 pm

SpaceCaseAce wrote:

There's a lot of that in this thread

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:56 pm

SpaceCaseAce wrote:

And btw, when I played, I wore bigger big boy pants than you could even fit into

Ooohhh, what a stinging retort. Well, I guess when the facts don't support your argument, then you have nothing left to fall back on.

Sorry, guess I'm just more of a hardcore gamer than you. We all know the rules. Those rules apply to everyone. Period. You're not that special, neither is Hallucinations, neither is the Dysonians. Play by the same rules as everyone else and stop crying when you lose.

But, as I said, I realize that I'm just a more hardcore gamer than you. Can't be helped I guess. You go right on and continue to whine and cry how it isn't fair that the same rules should be applied to all players and all legions.

Oh, and if appears I'm babbling try reading my last post again since you apparently are having trouble understanding it. Maybe sound-out the tough words.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 pm

I think a lot of people are getting blinded of the fact that "its just a game". We all live separate lives outside of this game, people need to learn to relax and dont take things so seriously. Things happen, some bad decisions have been made but thats life. Im sure we all play this game to escape from our lives and have some relaxing time. I don't understand why people insist on so much arguing.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:08 pm

atomicwasted wrote:
I think a lot of people are getting blinded of the fact that "its just a game". We all live separate lives outside of this game, people need to learn to relax and dont take things so seriously. Things happen, some bad decisions have been made but thats life. Im sure we all play this game to escape from our lives and have some relaxing time. I don't understand why people insist on so much arguing.

+20000000

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 pm

detregets wrote:
atomicwasted wrote:

+20000000

+∞

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:27 am
Profile WWW

Did you contact dan or the support staff?

"contact us at support@galaxylegion.com"

Also shame on whoever thought it was a good idea to promote Gman. Honestly who thought that would work out?
Get to know people before you hand them the power to really hurt your gaming experience.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:16 pm

we made reports a while ago. still no response. the mods haven't logged on. dan probably hasn't even bothered to log on. the game is dying for a reason. the developer no longer cares. 1071 is the amount of gp lost. players in our legion that don't wanna leave end up quitting. guess hornier knew what he was doing.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:31 am

and nothing

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:18 am

GRIM_0 wrote:
and nothing

Dan has no reason to step in. you guys let high have the power to shaft you and shaft you he did. this was no issue with the programing. this was not a glitch. this was not something dan was in any way shape or form responsible or had remit for. you promoted him, you gave him the ability to mess up your legion like this. You are neither entitled nor worthy of a refund. you seriously think dans going to step in here when two years back you lost the whole hog to blitz's coup? no. Dans responsible for the game. not the players

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next