View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WARNING: Don't Join EOTS 

DarkMar wrote:
to mutch sun.....
All you realy needed to say, was incative player, that didnt do his LM tasks and couldnt be bothered to help the legion in any way

i don't think it's too much. it gives a clear indication of what EoTS expects from its members in regards to legion missions, and gives fair warning to anyone else considering a jump to them.

the amount of detail just shows how much effort kirk puts into 'leading'. other leaders in other top legions undoubtedly do much the same, so this should also be a message to those looking to start new legions about how much work might be involved.

i'm sure there are some leaders who have maintained successful legions with less effort than kirk has outlined, but their definition of 'success' will likely be much different than kirk's.

choosing the legion that matches your playstyle makes the game more fun for everyone. if you aim to join a 'top' legion, you should understand that you will be expected to meet their standards. failing to do so, and then whining about the consequences ?? gets you laughed at regardless of whether we agree or disagree with those leadership decisions.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:48 pm
Profile WWW

I was going to join EOTS at one time....until I was told that your not allowed donuts for breakfast!! I also heard that your not allowed to have pickles with your sandwiches. This is just a plain and simple outrage that will not be tolerated!!!

Not only that....but i was told they don't like llamas!!! DOWN WITH EOTS....WE WON'T PUT UP WITH THIS B.S. !!!!!

WOW...i used 5 exclamation points there...I must really be mad at them!!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:50 pm

yeah so a few points which seem pretty obvious and already stated...but my takeaway

1) top legions ALL want you to at least DO a legion mission is you are decent rank..many have at least 1 relatively friendly mission
2) KAZOW!!!!! way to mouth off and get burned with facts as opposed to emotional and obviously misplaced outburst feelings
3) This is a game, but like i have always said, you wanna be in a private club, you gotta bring something to the table other than a body

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:25 am

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:
LOL

I was there 6 months? Never really got in any trouble , did my LMs (which were assigned) Which was understood when i joined. They had/have rules for elites but they are simple- Like no one can hit but the guys that take the spots.

Regular NPCs were lock what you hit and dont steal planets from GP.

Not exactly a grip of rules. In fact, i was surprised it was so loose.

If you cant function in eots, you are the problem.

I left for my own reasons. Visit friends etc but i think id be welcomed back. This is kinda funny, the post that is.

Did you just call me loose!

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:26 am

Interesting post...

One thing i know for sure ppl that has joined us in the past they have doubled their ap production in a short time .. We must be doing something right towards loyal participants of our legion ...

Also how can we still be hated ? We are not even in the num 1 spot anymore.. :D

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:35 pm

@senatorhung, if you know just a little about Eots, it can hardly come as a suprice how mutch time and work kirk puts into it
Never been a huge fan of Eots myself, but got to respect detication a lot of theire members have to their legion and what they can do when they realy work on it

Rambojr wrote:

dont let it go to your head, a lot of players here love to hate something or someone for absolutly no reason
and you are hardly the only legion/player they love to hate...

could basickly be anything, you raided one of theire members to many times, stole a planet, killed theire base a few times, or they just had a bad day in RL and one of your players sayed something to them

but who cares, let them hate all they want, not going to ruin my game :)

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Uhm, who are you? I have been in EoTS since almost the beginning and I have no idea who you are.

Oh wait, thats the problem!

Enver > Tree

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Loose? hahahah nooooo sorry tree.

Just a tight knit group of players who have gamed together a LONG time. Like a football team or anything else, they have a solid core of folks that know each other well.

The time i spent there was fun. Especially during seasonal stuff and base killing was a blast.

Most peeps have sticks in their arses about eots and i dont get it but generally those of inferior strength tend to whine about those that are stronger to the point of nausea. There is a term for it i think...idk

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Rambojr wrote:
Interesting post...

One thing i know for sure ppl that has joined us in the past they have doubled their ap production in a short time .. We must be doing something right towards loyal participants of our legion ...

so wait if i leave gp and join eots you mean my ap will double :) please please lets have this happpen mmmmm 600k ap per hour would be so sexy lol

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:28 pm

pokerman123 wrote:
Rambojr wrote:
Interesting post...

so wait if i leave gp and join eots you mean my ap will double :) please please lets have this happpen mmmmm 600k ap per hour would be so sexy lol

Lol sure.. i was talking about the lower ranks but hey if you want ur ap to get 600k by all means do it.. but wait what are you gonna do with that much ap in a first place... thats like muchooo clicking none stop..

JFourier wrote:
Uhm, who are you? I have been in EoTS since almost the beginning and I have no idea who you are.

Oh wait, thats the problem!

Enver > Tree

Joe I see what you did there .. nice one :D

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Most people that get booted from a legion for being lazy go along quietly .. Some show stupidity and plaster it for everyone to see

I have to say thanks for the laugh !!!

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Rambojr wrote:
Interesting post...

Still doesn't matter if you not on 8 hours per day to collect it... :P

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:20 am

Chakotay wrote:
Rambojr wrote:
Interesting post...

Still doesn't matter if you not on 8 hours per day to collect it... :P

Well that sounds like a personal issue to me .. the opportunity is there for the taking :P

Anyways i still think ppl should begin hateing on some one else now since we not in the num 1 spot in ranks ;)

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 pm

totally agree, we've hated on the number 1 spot for fare too long. We shouldnt hate on the number 2 spot as a runner up isnt really all that glamorous.

I say we start haterating on the number 3 ranks spot!

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:11 pm

So what your trying to say is, You are NOT a team player...Ok we can all agree to that....

MaDog P.O.T.C.

Lofaw wrote:
Unless you find the game fun when you're told exactly what you can and can't do in the game I recommend NEVER joining that pathetic legion. Basically it's a bunch of Leaders who manipulate people to join there legion so they can have control over more than just there 1 ship. It's there way around having multiple accounts to have multiple ships. I've been in a few of the top legions including the old Infinity legions and let me tell you the that legion is a gazillion times better than EOTS. Sure EOTS might be the top ranked legion, but anyone who has total and complete control of every ship in the legion could make a super legion. Trust me what they're doing isn't anything special.

They're going to come here posting that I'm sore about being booted and I was booted, but I was booted because in the end I wouldn't do EXACTLY what they wanted me to do. It's summer here and I come on only once or twice a day, but that's enough to keep up with everything I needed to keep up with. I've played this game now for 2.5 years for no other reason, but to have fun for an hour or 2 each day and for the most part I've enjoyed it, but I'm sorry I'm just not willing to be controlled like the rest of the lackey's they have control of. If they don't like that tough, but than I think everyone considering to join that legion should also know the truth before joining. That being if you want to be part of a strong legion that controls your game than feel free to join, but it's pretty much the exact same thing as selling your soul to the Devil. Personally I think you're better off finding a legion that's active and strong enough that just wants to have fun while getting away from real life a few hours each day, but I guess they'll find some fools who who choose to sell there soul to the Devil too. Just don't say you haven't been WARNED!

*JUST SO YOU EOTS MEMBERS WHO ARE GOING TO RESPOND KNOW I CAN CARE LESS WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AND WILL POST BELOW. I WILL NOT BE RESPONDING OR GETTING INTO A PI$$ING MATCH. MY SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POST WAS TO HOPEFULLY SAVE A FEW OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE THINKING OF JOINING EOTS THE FEW MONTHS OF MISERY BEFORE THEY COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION I CAME TOO AND POSTED ABOVE. MAYBE IF SOMEONE HAD DID THE SAME FOR ME I WOULDN'T HAVE WASTED THE LAST 3-4 MONTHS UNDER CONTROL OF PERHAPS THE WORST LEGION IN THE GAME.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Well lets clear something so everyone is somewhat on the same page and this goes for the lower ranks that want to participate in a top 10 legion.. ( the higher ranks know this very well)

When you join EotS there is few simple rules to follow:

1. Npcing = there is a rule about the clusters you need to pay attention to chat so if it dies early other ppl can be swarmed for an hour (we dont want that) and some seasonal npc bosses when they get alerted .. also drops from cluster goes into our base.. so basically pay attention to chat.. and if u hit alerted npc u will lock it.

2. Bases = when we scan for a base we usually ask some one to scan and then only the person that comes forward scans lvl 7+ bases.. (less waste of reds ) then we check base and let you know if its a lock or a pass (we dont like glass bases).. once again pay attention to chat..

3. Planets = There is a lot of planets scanned by members on scan days and the good planet scans they are usually alerted with " Me first then FFA " .. and once again pay attention to chat..

4. LM's = We hate failing LM's and that dont happen very often cause we got a system in place that works for everyone. there are LM's which are announced as FFA and then there is ones that are assigned to each member such as Dramos, Mawks and so on we track this .. once again pay attention to chat.. We expect you to fully participate in LM's cause they are a team effort..

The leadership has put in a lot of time into this legion to get it where it is.. at least when you ask to do a certain task of LM's follow thru.

5. We will help you in anyway that we can to grow and have fun playing this game by having this simple rules in place... just be active..

As for our base its already lvl 10 so you dont need to donate such as: energy, CTP's nor EM.. its already done for u and we have a equal share of artifacts 6 days out of 7... also we dont even expect u to donate funds to the base but if you decided to do so .. a big thank you to you.

If this are hard rules ( common sense rules ..mostly paying attention to chat ) to follow then you are better off somewhere else then EotS..

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Rambojr wrote:
Well lets clear something so everyone is somewhat on the same page and this goes for the lower ranks that want to participate in a top 10 legion.. ( the higher ranks know this very well)

When you join EotS there is few simple rules to follow:

1. Npcing = there is a rule about the clusters you need to pay attention to chat so if it dies early other ppl can be swarmed for an hour (we dont want that) and some seasonal npc bosses when they get alerted .. also drops from cluster goes into our base.. so basically pay attention to chat.. and if u hit alerted npc u will lock it.

2. Bases = when we scan for a base we usually ask some one to scan and then only the person that comes forward scans lvl 7+ bases.. (less waste of reds ) then we check base and let you know if its a lock or a pass (we dont like glass bases).. once again pay attention to chat..

3. Planets = There is a lot of planets scanned by members on scan days and the good planet scans they are usually alerted with " Me first then FFA " .. and once again pay attention to chat..

4. LM's = We hate failing LM's and that dont happen very often cause we got a system in place that works for everyone. there are LM's which are announced as FFA and then there is ones that are assigned to each member such as Dramos, Mawks and so on we track this .. once again pay attention to chat.. We expect you to fully participate in LM's cause they are a team effort..

The leadership has put in a lot of time into this legion to get it where it is.. at least when you ask to do a certain task of LM's follow thru.

5. We will help you in anyway that we can to grow and have fun playing this game by having this simple rules in place... just be active..

As for our base its already lvl 10 so you dont need to donate such as: energy, CTP's nor EM.. its already done for u and we have a equal share of artifacts 6 days out of 7... also we dont even expect u to donate funds to the base but if you decided to do so .. a big thank you to you.

If this are hard rules ( common sense rules ..mostly paying attention to chat ) to follow then you are better off somewhere else then EotS..

Also, you can talk to a leader about a switch in your LM task with a GENUINE reason why you wont be able to the one assigned to you.. (like you're going to be gone for 90% of LM timer so you wont be able to do the NPC one)

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:44 pm
Profile WWW

I was there once, and it was sort of enjoyable, just not fast enough to lock those pesky bosses, but it was awesome to see the teamwork, since then I've had some interaction with EotS, they are an amiable group for the most part, sure they have some asshats there, but doesn't every legion? There are some really friendly and giving people there, just like in most legions...you just gotta keep up. I don't see what the big deal is. sorry.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:33 am

I am friends with tree and have visited for weeks in a row before. I found them to be a great group of people. They even added me to there facebook hat for the time i was there. They were some of the most active and fun players I know. If you don't like the way they play just join a different legion. simple as that. I

Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Really Lofaw 1 This fantastic game allows multiple play style for all all players and the same goes for all legions. Just because EOTS is one of the more organized legions, that's no reason whine about them. If a player doesn't like how a particular legion runs THEIR legion, then said player can look for another legion more to their liking or start their own legion. All legions have different play styles. I hope u find a legion that suits your preferences, fly safe all :-)

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next