View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 EotS is out. 

PurFikshun wrote:
Were they fixed? That's news to me. I tend to PVP a bit and just within the last few months one of the people I red badged reported that someone else from an entirely different legion coincidentally red badged at the very same moment. Can't attest to the accuracy of the report since I wasn't on the receiving end, but if it's true then the bug that got one of the old EOTS powers banned probably still exists. And, if that exists, my presumption is that the game probably still has either all of or most of the other overflow types of bugs that have been reported by various players in the past. It's impossible to know since most of the serious players wouldn't even try to test this stuff themselves and I'm pretty sure that even if anyone actually had, they wouldn't report whether or not they still worked for fear of being banned just for having tried the cheat.

A person can be killed at the same time still, but only one person actually gets the badge. I had it happen a couple of times back when I was gathering reds to rank darmos. Just a freak occurrence that happens from time to time. not game breaking by any means.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
:) We are best friends now.

But not really. ;)

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:42 pm

PurFikshun wrote:
ActualFate wrote:
Sereomontis wrote:
They are bug abuses, and where I'm from that's called cheating. But I guess that's what EotS is best known for. Their willingness to bend or break the rules to their own benefit. Because, remember kids, it's not illegal if you don't get caught.
Good riddance to bad people if you ask me.

You know, that was years ago, and the bug was eventually fixed as a result. Dan didn't take any action on them at the time, mainly because it could happen without anyone even trying. You're just beating a dead horse now.

Were they fixed? That's news to me. I tend to PVP a bit and just within the last few months one of the people I red badged reported that someone else from an entirely different legion coincidentally red badged at the very same moment. Can't attest to the accuracy of the report since I wasn't on the receiving end, but if it's true then the bug that got one of the old EOTS powers banned probably still exists. And, if that exists, my presumption is that the game probably still has either all of or most of the other overflow types of bugs that have been reported by various players in the past. It's impossible to know since most of the serious players wouldn't even try to test this stuff themselves and I'm pretty sure that even if anyone actually had, they wouldn't report whether or not they still worked for fear of being banned just for having tried the cheat.

And, Tree, did you really mean to say "Tree is and always will be #1" or did you mean that "Tree" to be "EOTS"?

Tree is #1, talking people not legions :roll:

And I wouldn't say the bug was fixed so much as switched to a new and much worse bug imo.
For bases you can see the effect like crazy if you have a highly active powerful legion.

Back before the fix, you hit the base and I hit the base at the exact same time and both our damages are counted to the base. If it so happens that both hits are individually enough damage to kill said base, double rewards.

After the fix, you hit the base and I hit the base at the exact same time. Only 1 of our hits count. We both spent 5 energy and we both clicked and we both got experience and damage from the base and the damage listed to our name went up but only 1 of our hits counted towards decreasing the bases hull/shield.
This means that a highly active powerful legion mashing on a base that needs say 2 million damage to kill it including shield regeneration actually can end up doing as high as 2.5 - 3 million damage. We would also see DCN getting as high as 150% damage needed to kill, imagine 11 people locked on a 10 person elite and the elite still lives...

For larger bases we would actually ask people to stop hitting the base if they were doing less than 300 a shot because the risk of someone's 20 hit shot replacing someone's 550 hit shot was just not worth it.
Wild to imagine where the fastest dps to a base was when just your top 5 to 10 hitters are hitting. Add in 30 more mildly powerful ships hitting and all you get are sub par hits blocking out 500+ hits.

This "fix" is why EotS never bothered to get a new base partner. It was detrimental to our ability to kill large bases if we had a bunch of lower rank folks hitting the base and cancelling out our much larger hits.

Maybe the new bug isn't an issue these days as I imagine the server strain is down significantly with fewer people playing this game as ferociously as say a year ago.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:00 pm

your fingers will never forget the game :)

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
I thought you were quitting, dude. Can you quit the forum, too?

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:20 pm

I've only just begun to fight!

Seriously though, I didn't say I was outright quitting so don't get your hopes up.
I gotta figure out what to do with the overwhelming wealth I've acquired in this game, gave 6 mil Em to someone on a whim so just a few dozen hundred more whims and I might be out of stuff to give away.

Not to mention this lvl 10 base.....

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:40 pm

:) oh tree i will take that remaining em you bragged you had when i was there :P

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Well, give away the rest of your stuff on a whim and GTFO already.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:05 am

i could use some free stuff,

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Give me free stuff. I had the tree in my backyard be dedicated to you :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 pm

That's nice handwriting. I can haz?

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:59 pm

Later nerds. You're still #2 to the dysonians.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:24 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:

Do you want me to leave so I don't tell everyone how your legion was unable to kill my base with 1 fixer?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:35 am

XxMercasterxX wrote:

What would you like?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:35 am

Tree7304 wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:

Do you want me to leave so I don't tell everyone how your legion was unable to kill my base with 1 fixer?

DOH!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:

I guess its made even worse by the fact IF took it down a week or so ago, you'd think youll get something great from a crate from a LVL 10, but i still got a dummy.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:09 am

Quote:
I guess its made even worse by the fact IF took it down a week or so ago, you'd think youll get something great from a crate from a LVL 10, but i still got a dummy.
Dummy for the little baby that you are?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
XxMercasterxX wrote:

What would you like?

lol. That actually worked? :o
I was just going off of what GINK51 said, but if you're giving free stuff, got any more EM? :)

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:52 pm

I could always use some CTP :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:

No, I want you to leave because you bug the #&$# out of me.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next