View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Good legion without LM requirement 

Any good legion out there.. That allow some freeze ranking without guilt tripping low lvl ship to do legion mission.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:02 pm

No,
you can freeze rank and do LM's; easily, if your not willing to do LM, just join some newby legion, since your worthless to any good legion, you dont Npc, and your taking away good elites, like Fabs, you dont do LM's ect ect, your only use is to add 2% cloak to planets, might work in some low end/mid tier legions but not in the good ones. Theres a ton of lvl 8 bases out there in newby legions, go join one .. if your freeze ranking you're not doing anything and dont need much.. if your looking to join a top end legion to get good planets and elites, you better contribute since most don't want parasites, who bring the whole legion down by being near-useless and worthless.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Pm your rank and stats and I will give you some ideas about where you mite fit in

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Who the hell would want a freeze ranker? You add nothing to anyone else. The most selfish type of player in GL.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:45 pm

bknghiem wrote:
Any good legion out there.. That allow some freeze ranking without guilt tripping low lvl ship to do legion mission.

Going with another thread, THIS is another thing that kills legions.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
bknghiem wrote:

Everyone is entitled to play the game any way he wants. But yes, the 'no contribution' kills legions.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:58 am
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:
bknghiem wrote:

Everyone is entitled to play the game any way he wants. But yes, the 'no contribution' kills legions.

I would disagree. When you are part of a team there isn't really "playing the game any way you want". You work together and some things require sacrifice.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:08 am

if he wants to slow rank that's fine, if he doesn't want to help on bosses/elites for slow ranking that would be his choise, the other side of that is missing out on ctp and he shouldn't be hitting any at all then (so not just cherry picking only queens for example), unless they apear on his own bt but other then that it should be mostly an all or nothing storry

the real top legions and those who are constanly full would prefer non slow rankers who contribute more but if he realy wants to slow rank a sub-top legion would be a good place for him, a member who doesn't contribute much is still better then an inactive one. and who knows, he might be able to contribute in other ways or decide to stop low ranking later

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:03 pm
Profile WWW

There is a difference between freeze ranking and slow ranking. There actually is no logical reason to freeze rank apart from stroking your ego. You lose out on too many elites, fantastic LMs, some easy bases, and planet scans that way. Slow ranking can be viable, but only when done properly, and yet is still a much slower path of growth in comparison to those that NPC frequently and efficiently. People that slow rank need to find other ways to contribute other than offering elites and smashing bases or doing the NPC tasks. But freeze rankers are limited to what they can offer to the point that there really isn't much you can expect from them. Sure they can offer banter and advice, but so can any other active player. And I've yet to meet a freeze ranker that has supreme knowledge of mission chains, LMs, planet building or any other metric in the galaxy legion universe.

I hold nothing against freeze rankers when I pass by them. They are just another player to me, but I do not like it when freeze rankers choose to expect freebies from legions and give nothing back in return. If you give nothing, you should expect nothing.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:36 pm

I heard EoTS doesn't have a legion mission requirement :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:53 pm

TrinityThree wrote:
There is a difference between freeze ranking and slow ranking. There actually is no logical reason to freeze rank apart from stroking your ego. You lose out on too many elites, fantastic LMs, some easy bases, and planet scans that way. Slow ranking can be viable, but only when done properly, and yet is still a much slower path of growth in comparison to those that NPC frequently and efficiently. People that slow rank need to find other ways to contribute other than offering elites and smashing bases or doing the NPC tasks. But freeze rankers are limited to what they can offer to the point that there really isn't much you can expect from them. Sure they can offer banter and advice, but so can any other active player. And I've yet to meet a freeze ranker that has supreme knowledge of mission chains, LMs, planet building or any other metric in the galaxy legion universe.

I hold nothing against freeze rankers when I pass by them. They are just another player to me, but I do not like it when freeze rankers choose to expect freebies from legions and give nothing back in return. If you give nothing, you should expect nothing.

well said ( also trinity arent you a massive slow/freeze ranker, youve played a lot longer than me and are lower in rank, but its worked in your favor, no one in our rank range can come close to your stats )

at the end of the day, Freeze ranker are just a waste fo space, especially at mid ranks, most legions have lost thier mid rank npcing skills, since most are full of slow/freeze rankers, this makes people npcing at mid ranks suffer, i mean these people do and offer nothing, the only reasont o join a good/high end legion is to get good planets and a good amount of elites/bases, otherwise he could join the ton of legions that offer 100k+ AP from the base, and for the benefits of being in a high end legion and gaining from other peoples hard work, most slow/freeze rankers offer nothing. Freeze ranking at low-mid ranks is also a waste of time, for so many reasons, for obv reasons, unless youve auto ranked a lot from a mission/npc event.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:54 pm

For the record, I'm a slow ranker, I haven't freeze ranked in a very long time. I have given up many AP planets and rarer artis (cloak, warehouses,etc.) just for FFAs, held contests and issued the maxed AP planet prizes myself about 1/3 of the time, I do big damage on bases more often now and is one of the bigger reasons I'm ranking these days and actively give all artis when people need help. Additionally, I provide advice on LMs if asked and no one has answered, as well as other mission chains, etc. I have put a decent amount of ctp into the TF base when we were still active, as well as help drive the recruitment last wave ago. I was also the one in charge of helping with planet builds (which I have become known in my "home legions" for) and ship builds. I also have no issue taking the LM tasks that others have no interest in, as I believe TWH and TF can say for the ample amount of time I've been members. I have met and made many friends, and I have yet to have significant disputes with leadership at any legion I have spent my time with :P

I know there is still more that I could've done if I changed my playstyle, and obviously to others what I have accomplished for the legion isn't anything huge to boast about. But I feel I have put my part in to make my worth as a legion member, despite my lack of NPC alerts and nrg donations (which on most upper legions I visit these days are done already anyways by people who are near retirement). The majority of my wealth was made quite a while back, and was mainly made with hard work. Sure I have spent a decent amount of money on GP as well, but not many people chose the difficult playstyle that allowed them to turn 80k-100k CTP per 550 GP bought.

The reason why I've been in a few of the upper legions as of late is because there really is a lack of active midranks around where I am these days. So me not alerting elites actually doesn't have as much of an effect as in a same-ranked legion. I of course don't hog the fab plants or silth queens, but can still alert away planets w/ arts and stats as well as hit bases considered useful and respectable by higher rankers, so I'm a midrank doing some pseudo-high rank stuff, it's an interesting ship to fly. I can scan very often, and base shipments are insignificant to me these days. I've always intended to turn heads with what I do, and that's what I've managed to do at each new legion I call home. The goal was to be different from the meta, and I believe I have achieved that.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:34 am

I will try to have an open mind here. If you freeze rank, is it because you don't have time to play but don't want to lose out long term?
If it' solely to be "stronger" for rank, i can help explain why you are losing out long term. The game is all about ratios, to be sure. But tied to that is true strength.

By that i mean the ability to take planets (attack), the ability to do missions (energy, resources), the ability to smash people who steal your stuff or attack you. The key ingredient is AP. Let's say for example you freeze (at whatever level) making "X" ap per hour. While you freeze for weeks/months, collecting and growing (ratio to rankwise). Anyone else who was making "x"..or even less than "x" will likely increase their ap and grow quicker. Its the equivalent of tossing $1000 into a .05% savings account. You hold onto what you have and make minimal increases , but inflation grows faster than you do and the people investing in stocks and making deals are growing heavily in comparison. You might be stronger compared to a smaller, much newer player, but all your comrades of today will severaly pass you by.

I speak from personal experience. I am by far not the strongest, nor quickest gaining ap ship out there. But i average a modest 7k ap increase per month pretty steadily. How many months of that does it take to dwarf your freeze rank non growth pattern? Food for thought.

Play how you like. Some legions make be happy to have a warm body fill 2% on their planets and smile. Heck if you're an aerlean fixer you are at least minimally helping them for base protection and production.

Personally i abhorb the no playing player. But, that said, every club/legion does their own thing and so be it. Best of luck.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]