View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 David Vs Goliath style of combat! 

Oh yes!! That was priceless combat that I just encountered two days ago! It is my very first death that I experienced in long 3 months that I haven't died no matter how many battles I fought on daily basis..

When I logged in and I was surprised that I got killed, and found out a brand-new stranger that I haven't encountered before and she just took me down (I bet lot of energy refills)..

What makes the story more interesting.. She is rank 61 and a SCOUT! Vs Me as rank 224 with Colossal Galaxy Destroyer! Of course, I retaliated and killed her but all I could do is max 25 hp damage per hit due to damage cap of scout class..

What I want to say.. I LOVE the damage cap combat system because it works as intended very well. ;) It brings some reality of the combat like a single x-wing to bring down death star.. I never forgot the old glory of playing X-Wing game by Lucas Arts that I was able to take down star destroyers easily with my single, tiny X-wing wading through the rain of laser beams..

So here is the combat story... I'll use "she" to protect her GL name..

She is Konqul with full bloodlust for combat in her veins flying in the space and saw the huge Galaxy Destroyer in front of her after warping in. She saw a path of many debris trailing behind it as it kept firing at poor ships in front of it into the utter destruction without any hopes of retaliation. She could identify that ship as part of Konqul race as well and she was going to greet him but decided not and wanted to fight as part of Konqul culture. What's more.. That made her more exciting was that she made out the name painted on that destroyer's hull from the distance, "K.G.D. DEATHBLADE" and realized that it was the flagship of the Empire's fleet.

She decided to wait til that huge ship had done his job and went into green alert mode and she decided to prove her Konqulness of her battle worthiness even if it was suicidal.. She made her first attack that triggered auto-trap sprung from it that damaged her hull but nearly destructed her so she took time to repair her scout hoping that her action didn't wake it up and it sure didn't.. She assumed that its computer system would view scout ship as no threat because it assumed that that ship was just a debris or asteroid so didn't bother to auto-elevate to yellow alert to wake up crewmen to their battle station.. She grinned and attacked again but got paralyzed by next two traps unable to do anything like a sitting duck in the space.. Surprisely enough, her three actions didn't even alert that ship to act. She got relieved thinking that it didn't erect another round of traps because it still didn't do anything so far.. She made another attack but sure enough.. Galaxy Destroyer actually was running on the primitive computer targeting system to fight back without waking up crewmen.. She was able to wade through rain of blasts fired by 25 main guns managing only to get hit by very few guns. That's how she got damaged only 25 hp every time (She easily repaired any hits) one single gun hits out of 24 misses simply cuz her scout was damn agile and moved very fast giving the galaxy destroyer computer hard time to target and hit so it just sent out salvo of blasts at once per round hoping for the best exactly what you saw in Star Wars. Lol.

Over long period of combat after lot of energy recharges desparately to prove her worthiness as true warrior without any signs of giving up, she managed to disable it and she came out victorious! She took time to do the surgicial strikes on all weak points of the destroyer that slowly weakened it to the point that it became vulnerable to her prolonged attacks.

Hours later, the Galaxy Destroyer woke up and came into full action repairing it up and chased her down and disabled her. She hailed that ship in honor.. After exchange of the glory of the combat and that magnificant news spread across Konqul empire carrying out the honor of that female fighter.. She joined DOO with open arms after proving her worthiness against mightiest Konqul ship in the Konqul Empire. :) What's more.. She managed to shot down next 3-4 DOO top fighters too while at it..

Most impressive fighter I had seen in long time.. Her design is actually what I thought up after damage cap implementation but I wasn't able to create 2nd ship due to 1 ship per account. It's so nice to see the design in action and it works very well. :)

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:15 pm

i used to do the same way back in X-Wing. big ships in those games only have big guns for big ship to big ship combat in addition to fighters. they had a hard time shooting me down. i think it wasn't until freespace2 that enemy ships started carrying flak cannons like the BSG. flak is the doom of a fighter assault.

this scout could add something to the game. weaker ships, but capable of outmaneuvering the big ones. a sardine can of a ship with 1000's of crew.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 pm

hunter wrote:
i used to do the same way back in X-Wing. big ships in those games only have big guns for big ship to big ship combat in addition to fighters. they had a hard time shooting me down. i think it wasn't until freespace2 that enemy ships started carrying flak cannons like the BSG. flak is the doom of a fighter assault.

this scout could add something to the game. weaker ships, but capable of outmaneuvering the big ones. a sardine can of a ship with 1000's of crew.

Aye, but with trade off.. Scout biggest drawback is defend against hackers. They can excel in physical combat and raid but definitely most vulnerable against hackers simply cuz they got NO deck space to support even 1 high quality scanner. A single scanner module takes up so much space, lol.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:53 pm

LOL! I love i!

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:25 am

Awesome. Best application of actual strategy into a facebook game I've ever seen... reminds me of the old glory days when I played Freelancer... i could take down battleships in my li'l fighter craft. Epic!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 am

you only need a wamprat sized hole in a planet sized ship to destroy it.

what isnt realistic about that?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]