View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Free Galaxy Credits 

It would be VERY nice to have another way of gaining galaxy credits, other than buying them. Most games do this to some degree. 1 per level up is very common. My personal favorites are the games that link credits to game achievements. (for example, you win your 1000th battle, you get 10 creds.) Castle Age, Mobsters 2, and War Metal are a few games that handle this very well. It gives incentive to keep logging in, playing, leveling, and fighting in hopes of saving up enough to finally buy that Antigravity Bubblegum Dispenser.

I realize that Dan's gotta pay the rent! But having a source of free credits will keep the freeloaders who will never buy them playing longer. Even though they are evil parasitic leeches, and not worth the cosmic dust their ancestors sprang from, they are still the force that keeps the galaxy populated, and their word of mouth is what will bring new players to the game. New players who will fork over their hard earned dollars to buy credits. And those people who buy credits will STILL buy just as many, even if there were a few free ones trickling in.

Wed May 05, 2010 11:43 pm

I've always wondered why Dan never implemented a finish survey or w/e thing that you get points from that way. Its probably a real pain in the ass.

This would be interesting like 1 per level but it would take you 10 levels just to be able to buy anything good o.O

Wed May 05, 2010 11:46 pm

Noah wrote:
I've always wondered why Dan never implemented a finish survey or w/e thing that you get points from that way. Its probably a real pain in the ass.

This would be interesting like 1 per level but it would take you 10 levels just to be able to buy anything good o.O

yes but it would allow people to replace planets when needed and let those who dont pay have an opportunity to see what its like paying. id like to see this (giving thosw who have already leveled their fair share as well :mrgreen: )

Wed May 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Well, one major difference is that those games offer a lot of items that can ONLY be purchased with points.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:00 am

webguydan wrote:
Well, one major difference is that those games offer a lot of items that can ONLY be purchased with points.

This is true, though the chance of getting an energy cube seems to have gone down.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:09 am

No lie I only get credits now. Sucks rly. Haven't even gotten an M.O.T.H.E.R.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:46 am

I get some RP from time to time ... Personnaly I aim for the Galaxy Coin in hope to get GP out of the wheel :)

Thu May 06, 2010 6:58 am

Bumping this, because it was touched on in another thread, and I really believe we need free GP.

Not a lot, 1 per level would be enough to keep the masses happy. (retroactive, of course!) It would let them fix mistakes they made early on (bad planets etc. It would give them a reason to save them for that fusion powered stellar toaster oven, or try the wheel, or pick a different race/class. And once they've had a taste of spending them, they're more likely to buy some. (Just one more spin of the wheel.... I can stop any time, honest!) It wouldn't mean less $$$ for Dan, because the people who would buy GP will STILL buy them.

Happy masses, more options, and probably more money for Dan. I honestly don't see who loses.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:51 pm

Dan does. Instead of you paying 3 bucks you get free GP.

Sat May 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Noah wrote:
Dan does. Instead of you paying 3 bucks you get free GP.

Read the whole post, not just the last line :?

I'll put it another way: Let's say Person A is the type who isn't going to spend $3 or $20 for few virtual points in a browser game. Person B on the other hand is the type who DOES spend money on these games. Person B isn't going to stop spending money because of a point every level. And those freebies make it much more likely to turn person A in to person B.

Mobsters 2 and Castle Age are 2 examples of games that have a VARIETY of ways to get free game credits. Do you think those developers are hurting? (let me put it this way - they all quit their day jobs.) I could list a dozen other examples off the top of my head.

Why do you even argue this one... You're lvl 120-something, Don't you think some GP would have been a nice bone thrown your way for all the time, dedication, possibly cash you've invested in the game? I'm not just saying this because I want free credits. Well, I do. But I've put my money where my mouth is and bought credits, and probably will again, and for me that is VERY rare.

Sat May 08, 2010 11:46 pm

If I *did* add a GP per level (which is a possibility), it would not be retroactive :)

Sat May 08, 2010 11:48 pm

I like the achievements idea with GP reward (or even other rewards actually) ... Player retention is indeed important :)

you could link these achievement with bragging post please :p

Sat May 08, 2010 11:53 pm

webguydan wrote:
If I *did* add a GP per level (which is a possibility), it would not be retroactive :)

So do you think this idea will make it into the game?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 am

I like the idea but it would devalue the credits, why can't we get a spin on the galaxy wheel as an acheivment bonus instead?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 pm

hi guys i played many games like this and many with the FREE LOTTO SPINS each day.

Ok Dont Forget, you do get a free Reward EACH DAY, and YES it may be mostly Credits :cry: , BUT, its free. i personnaly dont belive 1 GP per LVL is RIGHT, i think 1 per 10 lvls MAYBE, by lvl 50 you get 5 free, and can disband a planet, and the taste of that will make you want to buy more, not forgetting that you can BUY GP VIA MOBILE PHONE CREDIT. :twisted:

( OK THIS IS NOT THE BEST WAY ) :lol:

But, you can get enough to do what your all talking about. but 1 per lvl would be enough to buy the biggest of things on the game by lvl 50 if 1 per lvl, NO i think if you want to entice people then 1 per 10 lvl's thats 10 by lvl 100 and 5 by lvl 50, this way a taste for GP will make you want more, and dont forget when you start playing you get given 10 GP's FREE.

and the bottom line is if you make a mistake YOU PAY FOR IT !!!

BUT i do agree, there should be some incentives like free GP's, and maybe a WEEKLY FREE SPIN on the GALAXY WHEEL.
but to get a free spin your chances would drop by 20% but still free, and you CAN NOT WIN THE TOP 3 PRIZES on the free spin.

and personally i think you should have to do more in the game, rather than run out of energy and thats it ( after clicking research or attack. ) but this is where the GP's come in if you want to play a lot more, you can if you buy GP's to buy energy refils.

Take care guys, and before you critisise me, remember we all have an opinion and some of us get it wrong, but this is only my opinion.

have fun

anyone not in a legion. add

Peter Spiteri

to your facebook, the peter spiteri with the wedidng photo.

thnx guys. :mrgreen:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 am

As with anything that is driven by capitalism, you must think about supply and demand. Too much of something drives the value down. Too many free GP points would devalue them.

That being said, I think there should be an opportunity to receive them in a lotto type manner. My two ideas would be this:

1) GP available thru the daily reward at a very small possibility (5-10% chance).

2) Make a free spin on the galaxy wheel a daily bonus option. This does two things. First, it introduces players to the galaxy wheel who may have never given it a try. Second, with GP on the wheel it offers another chance to get GP and a reason to spend it (and want more). This is my preference.

Again, for a thing to have value it needs to be limited and not easy to get if you aren't paying for it. A regular payout of free GP will cheapen it and not make it as exciting as that random possibility that could be found thru the daily reward system.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:35 pm

GatorBill wrote:
1) GP available thru the daily reward at a very small possibility (5-10% chance).

Exists, but my guess is the chances of getting GP from it is around 1-0.1%, perhaps lower.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Barracuda wrote:
GatorBill wrote:

Exists, but my guess is the chances of getting GP from it is around 1-0.1%, perhaps lower.

/concur

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]