View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 {pvp} You have performed to many offensive actions 

Has this message popped up before: Cannot be used. You have performed too many offensive actions in the last 24 hours.

My suggestion is that a timer is included to see when the 24 Hours has lapsed like for example invasion timer etc.

Currently I can only estimate when the the 24 hours has lapsed.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:04 pm

+1 Fantastic Idea!!!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 pm

MitchellN wrote:
+1 Fantastic Idea!!!

That is great ....How does the rest of the Galaxy feel?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:23 pm

That 24 hour "timer" is a rolling 24 hours. That's to say every offensive action you perform and when you perform them changes that timer. For the TM lockout, a visible counter would be a better idea. On the ship tab maybe? We already know the game keeps track of this so it really wouldn't be that difficult to put in visually somewhere. This would really help the hardcore PvPers know when they could or could not use TMs.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile WWW

+1 Would be good to know when you can actually start using TM's again :)

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks Darth for clearing it up more... The TM timer is what I was referring to.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:30 pm

I like that idea! Isn't it from the last action performed?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm

yeah, agree with this. would be nice.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile WWW

+1

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Ok, there still seems to be a little confusion on exactly how the TM lockout works. Please forgive the crudeness of the graphics, its Paint.

The yellow bar represent Time. Black lines represent Offensive Actions (Disable, Raid, Hack, Invasion, PvP Offensive Artifact), keep in mind that ATTEMPTS count, not just successful actions. The Red "box" represents the past 24 hours from Now (the Blue line).

As time passes, the red box moves to the right (in real time) over the stationary yellow time bar. If the number of black lines inside the red box >= 50 at any given time, then you CANNOT use TMs. As the box moves forward in time (to the right in the graphic) black lines will pass out the left end of the red box which was 24 hrs ago. If these actions that are dropping out are not replaced by NEW actions, then eventually your action count will fall under 50 and you can use TMs again. Please note that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR SHIP'S ACTION COUNT (you know, the zeroing numbers). What I proposed was not a timer but a visual display of the action count (black lines). To have a timer, it would by necessity have to skip and jump from one action to the next which I imagine could get pretty messy coding it. Hope this mini-tutorial helps clarify things.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

Or we can toss it . Its the 3rd badest addon to this game.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm

i agree with soulplay... it was designed specifically to prevent mass attacks from cheaters. but the system that allowed the cheaters to obtain so many time manipulators and artifacts has been fixed, so there is no purpose for this addition anymore other than to cut down on the amount of pvp in a war game.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Ok, there still seems to be a little confusion on exactly how the TM lockout works. Please forgive the crudeness of the graphics, its Paint.

The yellow bar represent Time. Black lines represent Offensive Actions (Disable, Raid, Hack, Invasion, PvP Offensive Artifact), keep in mind that ATTEMPTS count, not just successful actions. The Red "box" represents the past 24 hours from Now (the Blue line).

As time passes, the red box moves to the right (in real time) over the stationary yellow time bar. If the number of black lines inside the red box >= 50 at any given time, then you CANNOT use TMs. As the box moves forward in time (to the right in the graphic) black lines will pass out the left end of the red box which was 24 hrs ago. If these actions that are dropping out are not replaced by NEW actions, then eventually your action count will fall under 50 and you can use TMs again. Please note that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR SHIP'S ACTION COUNT (you know, the zeroing numbers). What I proposed was not a timer but a visual display of the action count (black lines). To have a timer, it would by necessity have to skip and jump from one action to the next which I imagine could get pretty messy coding it. Hope this mini-tutorial helps clarify things.

just put a timer showing when the 50th to last action in the past 24 hrs will expire...
if we immediately add another action we get a timer telling us we have to wait another minute or two before going again...
simple to code, not hard to find a place for it either (inside the TM usage button would be nice)

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Vekno wrote:
i agree with soulplay... it was designed specifically to prevent mass attacks from cheaters. but the system that allowed the cheaters to obtain so many time manipulators and artifacts has been fixed, so there is no purpose for this addition anymore other than to cut down on the amount of pvp in a war game.

AGREED. This was only put in place when the clickbot cheat was discovered. It has no place in normal gameplay.

I say remove it entirely now.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:24 am

Mythryndir Stormkyn wrote:
Vekno wrote:

AGREED. This was only put in place when the clickbot cheat was discovered. It has no place in normal gameplay.

well put both of you, this needs to go for the normal gameplay aspect

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 am
Profile WWW

Yes, Cheaters were caught, The glitch was fixed..BRING IT BACK

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 pm

JoshFFuller wrote:
Mythryndir Stormkyn wrote:
Vekno wrote:

well put both of you, this needs to go for the normal gameplay aspect

I have to say this would make PvP more interesting again.. However I think this is also to stop people from mass-ganking the Newbs... Dunno.

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Just so you guys know while I would love for this to go away there are those that have a lot of TM's the way it is. All though I'm sure their supply would go down very quickly after the was done away with. I for one have 1500 of them in my cargo and I know of others that have much much more. Again this is mostly within the high ranks and I'm pretty sure those numbers would not stay there for long. What I don't like the most from it is is that it effects with fast trades as well. Not only that but even if you haven't used a single TM all day if your counter is past a point you can't use them anyways. If anything I think they should do away with that and maybe make a new trade time manip for traders that just reset the trade timer so you can use that even though you can't use more TM's. Just my thoughts on this.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile WWW

MitchellN wrote:
Yes, Cheaters were caught, The glitch was fixed..BRING IT BACK

i would wager that there are probably still too many TMs in the game

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:39 pm

When I do some PvPing I usually end up locked out at some point so I wouldn't mind seeing the limit gone. However, eliminating the lockout would allow people to spam as many artifacts on someone that they want without any negative results. As an example, when The Triumvirate went after The Dominion's base last week, they took to lobbing as many CMs and nerfs at us as they could. All of those involved were easily over the 50 action limit. So what happens after the battle is done and we all go to the Officers' Club for a victory celebration if there is no limit? They then would be able to lob MORE nerfs willy nilly AND get to use TM's to rack up insane action counts. Wouldn't bother me so much because they would be losing more AP from lack of defender bonus than they can get from raiding all of us, but still... Indiscriminate artifact use would turn PvP into a joke again.

Having the lockout adds to the strategy of PvP in my opinion. Do I spam a few nerfs on this guy or do I save my count so I can get more meaningful actions on more people? I would rather see the limit count raised just a little rather than totally eliminated.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]