View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Battle mechanics 

well i think it is possible that lower level players do stack cloaks to avoid being a target of hacks pvp until they feel they are ready for combat, or they switch them out to do missions and combat. it sounds like smart tactics to max cloak to avoid attention. you dont need hull,shields guns if the enemy cant see you, if you follow me.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 pm

DMDMDM wrote:
Looks to me that we're having two separate discussions going.

Let me reiterate what I find odd/strange/awkward. The vast majority (90%+) of players that are in my scan tab are way higher than my rank. If half of the said players would be way lower than my rank then what you say would make sense. The only conclusion I could draw, if I would be to use your information ("The battle tab shows you players that are plus or minus a x% of your rank") as valid, is that the said half of way lower players are stacking stealth madly therefore I see only higher ranked players. Do you understand what I'm trying to say ?

I was just giving a suggestion of how you might find players of different levels. I am sure that there is not an even distribution of players by rank in the game. Players that do not like the game will likely quit by level 20. Players that like the game will level quickly past level 60. If there was a big advertising push at some point then there would be a curve of players of different ranks around that time. So I do not find it odd that between ranks 20 and 60 you mostly find players at a higher level.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:58 pm

I realize this thread is somewhat old. I found it looking for different info, but I thought I might have an answer regarding the ranks of players showing up in your battle tab.

It could be a bracket thing. You may currently be in the lower portion of a level bracket.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 am
Profile WWW

zapbrannigan wrote:
I realize this thread is somewhat old. I found it looking for different info, but I thought I might have an answer regarding the ranks of players showing up in your battle tab.

It could be a bracket thing. You may currently be in the lower portion of a level bracket.

From my experience, increasing my scan reveals higher level players while disabling my scan reveals much lower level players. This was a few weeks ago though, since I never really use the PvP tab, I focus on missions and NPCs... :)

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2