View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Looking for a new legion? Don't make that topic just yet! 

Before you decide to get spammed by legion requests, just read this.

Stargate Operations is a LEADERBOARD legion.
We offer the same (and more) than other legions at our level (8).

That includes (when full bonuses are active);

Over 110k AP per member
A FULL CT lab
A Universal Service Terminal
Free planets. You ask, you get.*
We will crush your enemies, and defend your planets.
ELITES! Many, many elites! So many.
An active legion comm.
A mission control center. You can participate in legion missions for extra GOODIES
NO rent. You donate what you want, or the lack thereof.

Downsides;
-No cookies, sorry.
-No cake either. Damn!

Rank Requirements:
-Aerlen Fixers 50+
-Everybody else 150+

Other legions are looking for a 2% bonus to their planet defense stats, a bump up in the leaderboards, and people to pay the rent.

WE are looking for members to keep this legion afloat, to talk to, and to share the gaming experience with.
Whether you are just browsing the market or just needing a change of scenery, you are still welcome to meet our fantastic community!

JOIN NOW or forever hold what you usually hold (a mouse?)

*Newbies & starting players will get planets. Other planets will be alerted for everyone else occasionally.

AND TOAST! Other legions dare not bake it!

We do not support or condone fascism, little men with square mustaches, or wienerschnitzels.

Rarek wrote:
I APPROVE OF THIS LEGION! People need to join this legion. And if people DON'T join this legion, I will hire Jedis to MAKE people join this legion.

Cyberpotato wrote:
Member of the Potato Approves of this legion Give it a shot why don't ya!

Pertominus wrote:
gets my vote :mrgreen:

elerian wrote:
a great bunch here, fun to be had the entire time :)

chronos wrote:
Joined this Legion a little over a week ago and not regretting it.

derangeddm2 wrote:
My wife and I joined, and I am eagerly anticipating joining in the daily or better base attacks. I see more elites in a day than I did in a week in my old, tiny legion.

Xzien wrote:
~~~XZIEN'S OFFICIAL~~~
SEAL OF APPROVAL

This seal indicates that this legion has
impressed Xzien with their reputation,
chattiness and humor. Their leader(s)
show exceptional leadership skills
and invaluable experience. They are
proud allies and anyone who joins them
will not be disappointed.

Jammor wrote:
YES , the best thing I see here at our legion is the mix of players we have. Thus lots of support, artifacts to trade, and decent planet shares, financial planning, And we're pounding npcs and bases everyday. :mrgreen:

Leviii wrote:
I'm so glad I found this legion. Everyone so generous with both arti's and planets and there's battles everywhere.
Lots of fun to be had too.
Couldn't have gotten my ship this awesome anywhere else.

Exp258 wrote:
This legion is amazing! I've been a member for a month and my ship is so much stronger and better because of all the npc elites, the great production from the base, etc. The leaders/officers/members are very helpful when it comes to advice and planet alerts and even just helping out with credits and artifacts and stuff like that. I've been in other legions that don't even do close to half of what's done in this legion.

zom wrote:
but on a serious note for anyone questioning this thread or legion ive been in it for over a month and weather you are a new player, mid rank or high level this is the perfect legion. i wont parrot all the things all ready said in this thread other then to say i second them. what i will say is that as an avid mmo player this is the first facebook game where ive gotten the feel of connecting to people over chat like i have in my paid for mmo's. it does feel like a good group of friends and ive been included in to it and havnt reggretted it for one momment.

Loop wrote:
This thread originally drew me to join Stargate Operations - and since then, (it's been a couple months now) I STILL couldn't be happier to be with this amazing team. No question goes unanswered and is always answered to the fullest capabilities. Same applies for requests, as well.

As a lower ranking player amongst the seriously impressive members in the Legion, it's important to me that I've never found myself going without help. I've also never felt disposable. Most importantly I've never felt like I have wasted time with this Legion.

Stargate Operations is incredibly diverse.. with unparalleled fellowship and frequent enemy base hits.

However, we should probably start offering some coffee to go with the toast.. or at least some damn good OJ (without pulp :mrgreen: of course).

JayJayEl wrote:
I'm new to this game, and originally jumped into the first legion that accepted me. For a long time I didn't really understand the point, because I got no benefit from it. Then Stargate Operations was recommended to me by someone I was selling artifacts to, and I've never been happier. The obvious benefit = the research and artifact points...as a new player, that amount of points is almost overwhelming. But the legion comm is also VERY active, advice and a little trading. Base attacks are generally coordinated, and it seems that there is always a base up to tag, easy silvers there. I'm starting to get into Elite NPCs so that is also a good thing.

I can't speak from a high leve perspective, but as a new/low level player...Stargate Operations is the place to be, trust me.

darkstorm wrote:
I'm a newer member of this legion and I love it here. Yes love it! They're welcoming, helpful and patient. I left another legion to join, and I'm happy I did. Since my first day I've had all of my questions answered, regardless of how many I asked. I've received artifacts I didn't even know I needed. I've laughed at their jokes. I even found better planets during my scans (ok this might be a coincidence. But I know it had something to do with being in this legion.) I've also become a better fighter. And most importantly I've received priceless information about this game. I plan on staying here for a long time. So if you want a legion that lives up to it's promises, and makes you feel like a valuable asset; there is no other choice!!!!

Quote:
TheBandit wrote:
Absolutely loving this legion! A friendly atmosphere and seriously bumped up my productions from all the planets shared :) A big thank you to everyone for accepting me

TheBandit wrote:
Congratulations to Bollweevil for his Promotion, it shows that if you put in the time and effort, you can make it. And I want to echo mine and everyone else's messages; this truly is a great legion, and despite me coming and going like a nomad, they have always accepted me in. And after just a few months, I have a ship only the elite of my level seem to touch. Or those about 200 levels higher. All thanks to SGO.

Last edited by canshow on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 40 times in total.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:16 pm

As a note, Stargate Operations so far has only kicked users out for two reasons - prolonged inactivity without notification, and rule breaking. We have a simple set of rules to follow, and we enforce these rules on everybody. Slack is cut to those who help the legion, but contributions do not buy immunity. Our rules are meant to 1) Benefit our members and 2) Keep a degree of sanity with-in the legion.

Here are our rules if you are interested;

Inactivity:
If you are going to be away for more than a week, let the officers/leaders know. After two weeks of inactivity, you will be kicked from the legion unless we know ahead of time.

Base abuse:
The rule is not to hit bases more than once until the base is to be destroyed.

The goal with bases is to get the maximum number of badges and drops we can off a base. Killing the base early or damaging it excessively early on makes it hard to maximize rewards.

GL TOS Violation:
If we as leaders/officers suspect a terms of service violation, we may well kick you. If it is serious or not just suspicion, we WILL kick you and report you. GL TOS: http://galaxylegion.com/terms.html

Defamatory Remarks:
You are requested to refrain from making threatning, abusive, defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable remarks in game. Incidentally, not refraining would be a breach of GL TOS too.

Sharing a planet:
Please only share decent planets (Opinions vary, but at least Extremely Abundant/Very Large is preferable. Better quality can be posted with a smaller planet, but small should be at least very rich, and less than small had best be multi-mega).

Planet Theft:
If you take a planet shared to someone else's attention, you will have to give it up. You have two options - abandon it (costs 5 gp) or leave the legion and let the rightful owner take it from you. If you do not do this voluntarily, you will be provided assistance by leadership.

Alerting players for abuse:
If you are being hit more than once a day by someone, and you didn't steal a planet from them or their legion recently or otherwise legitimately earn their wrath, you can alert them. If we can, we will intervene to reduce or eliminate the problem.

Elites and Bosses:
All legion members are requested to wait till all slots are filled on elites / bosses, etc. which are shared, before bringing them down. This is to help most people to benefit from rewards. Lock your slot unless that will bring the elite down before others fill their slots in. Use discernment. Discuss in legion comm if in doubt about whether the elite or boss will be filled.

Base Defense:
Wasting AP points on purpose will rightfully earn you the boot. Using base abilities when a designated defender is in charge is also frowned upon if the base is not in imminent danger.

Causing Turmoil:
Stargate Operations is all about sportsmanship and fun. If you start beef with others players or legions just to be a dewey downer or a negative nancy, do not expect help from anyone, leadership especially, with any ensuing #&$# storm. Furthermore, dragging the legion, or other members, into a pointless war or causing other members extreme discomfort is enough to warrant a kick.

Last edited by canshow on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am

Good legion; good people. You'd do well to join them
We scrapped rent around 2 months ago Canshow...

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm
Profile WWW

Underrated? That's funny, because everyone seems to say how great of a legion you guys are.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:58 pm
Profile WWW

Bluecifer wrote:
Underrated? That's funny, because everyone seems to say how great of a legion you guys are.

WHO?!?! Tell me their names! They must be silenced.

Joking aside, who? lol
There have only been about 3 visitors to our legion that are on this forum, and only 1 really talks about us.. Everybody else is just bandwagoning i guess

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, me for one :P

I APPROVE OF THIS LEGION! People need to join this legion. And if people DON'T join this legion, I will hire Jedis to MAKE people join this legion.

Because frankly, it's sad that they don't get the members they deserve. Highly recommended by me.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm

And by me as well :)

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Bump

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:15 pm

What's this, another bump?

Oh I flatter myself.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Member of the Potato Approves of this legion Give it a shot why don't ya!

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:46 am

more topics being made..arhg.

Wed May 02, 2012 12:58 am

Do you have a level limit?

Thu May 03, 2012 3:12 am

Nope.

Edit as of Nov. 10, 2013-

Now we do. :?

Last edited by canshow on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 03, 2012 3:15 am

im also wearing nail polish

Thu May 03, 2012 3:25 am
Profile WWW

Pertominus wrote:
im also wearing nail polish

You're free to stop by anytime Pert.

Afterall, you are a 0.09% stockholder. :P

Thu May 03, 2012 3:51 am

You will accept a level 47? (very active)

Thu May 03, 2012 5:52 am

Leviii wrote:
You will accept a level 47? (very active)

Yes.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 am

Still accepting more members.

Sun May 06, 2012 2:40 am

I went there on a trade and during my time there I saw more chattiness than most full legions out there.
Great people, great leader. No one will be disappointed by joining them.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Sun May 06, 2012 3:12 am
Profile WWW

Hi -
Question for the esteemed host - is resource production automatically sent, or is it pick up? I am possibly looking for a new slot for two players, but the resources must be pick up, as we don't like maxing out...

Thanks. Love the toast.

Mon May 07, 2012 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next