View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Psionic Amplifier 

I was wondering if the upkeep on this weapon is not a bit exagerated ...

I'm lvl 29, I spent 4 days of energy to get that weapon to see my ship upkeep going from 8.4k creds to 58.4k creds ...
I find it completly overrated, I'm bound to do money missions if I just want to be able to pay the upkeep and get no savings for anything else ...

So what? I should sell it? ...

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Maybe we should lower the upkeep for offline modules.

Cheers!

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

the weapon is indeed powerfull though ... But I definitly got my hands on something that will slow my progression in terms of money acquisition. And I didn't know before getting the weapon ^^ (actually I thought weapons found through missions would be upkeep 0 like tier rewards :D)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:16 pm

As for the weapon being "overrated", I highly disagree. The Psionic amplifier has a better attack/size ratio than Phase cannons (which most people haven't even researched) and when invading, a better ratio than the [currently] most powerful weapon available in the game :) You were wise to invest in getting it.

Since most people would be crazy to sell this item, I think the solution is to lower the upkeep cost (and sell value accordingly) - but I would like to keep the upkeep "significant". Its an extremely powerful weapon for its size.

What do you think is fair? :0

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:15 am

just found a Dysillon while mining :p so I'm rich enought to keep it for a week, and by this time I'll earn enought cash doing lvl 30+ missions.

I agree it's powerful in terms of size/power ratio. I'm gonna keep it on, however I don't come capturing planets everyday (since I have it, I became more incline into hacking haha :p).

So the solution for me is just lvling up and colonise a mining planet, as I focused alot on research, I was weak in terms of economy.

as you said it's more powerful than things not even researched ... Maybe the mission availability should be put at lvl 30 and not before ... I'm wondering. At least there should be some kind of info about upkeep, because I was very happy to complete the mission and stunned when I saw my upkeep rose x6 :D ... Double effect :D

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:39 am

For now, I will lower its upkeep 80%. Congrats on the Dysillon ;) Hopefully you keep finding nice ones.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]