View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 We should be able to blockade enemy planets 

Just like how the Kuglox Entity thing blockades a planet and hinders production we should be able to blockade a planet.

So underneath the attack button we have a blockade button. Each blockading ship adds -5% production to the planet.

Blockading cannot take place while there are guards on the planet. Guarding cannot take place until all blockaders are gone

You can't flux the planet until blockaders are disabled.

Just like how guarding allows you to keep an expired legion alert as long as you are still guarding it. You can keep an expire enemy planet alert so long as you are blockading it

EDIT:
Blockading disallows owner to add new structures
Cooldown of 30 mins but timer can be reset by Time Manipulator
Blockaders can be warped by Unstable Wormhole Emitter

Last edited by ChromeGenisis on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 am

Sounds good in theory, but in order for this to have any good purpose, the blockaders would need to get a portion of the planet's resources. Otherwise the only purpose is to annoy people.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 am
Profile WWW

Sounds good, more " combat" instead of just defending

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:42 am

Xzien wrote:
Sounds good in theory, but in order for this to have any good purpose, the blockaders would need to get a portion of the planet's resources. Otherwise the only purpose is to annoy people.

That's why the idea is absolutely brilliant.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Epicownage wrote:
Xzien wrote:

smartass
Without guidelines and an actual purpose that benefits the blockader, you'd be seeing dozens of topics saying to change or remove it.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 pm
Profile WWW

Xzien wrote:
Epicownage wrote:
Xzien wrote:

smartass
Without guidelines and an actual purpose that benefits the blockader, you'd be seeing dozens of topics saying to change or remove it.

More topics to troll I guess.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Blockading an enemy planet would simply prevent transportation to/from the planet. You are not occupying the planet, and therefore there's no reason the blockaders should be getting part of the planet's resources. It seems to me the main purpose of blockading at this point would be to prevent guards.

HOWEVER, what if each [period of time] the planet is blockaded, the attack and defense are decreased by a small amount? I.e., for each day the planet is blockaded, one random defensive structure is destroyed. (Essentially a saboteur's effect.)

Also, 1 ship can't blockade a planet. Maybe blockading has no effect unless there are 5+ ships blockading it?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile WWW

suck to be controlling Exotica then......in that case i think theres gonna be like 100,000 ships over Exotica doing a blockade for the lol's

and that be bigger blockade than stars wars episode 1 naboo blockade

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:53 pm

That's true, Legionaire. I haven't done the mission for Exotica yet, so I don't know much about it, but I would assume it make Exotica move around more? Besides, guarding Exotica 24/7 (if that happens, i dont know) would eliminate that problem.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile WWW

Oexarity wrote:
That's true, Legionaire. I haven't done the mission for Exotica yet, so I don't know much about it, but I would assume it make Exotica move around more? Besides, guarding Exotica 24/7 (if that happens, i dont know) would eliminate that problem.

it does happen, the darn thing is never NOT guarded...because the moment guards are gone someone takes it and reguards it

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:40 am

So in that case, blockading Exotica wouldn't be too much of a big deal, would it?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:53 am
Profile WWW

How about "unopposed blockading slowly deteriorates legion bonuses". If the blockade is broken, the planet slowly regains the bonus, and guards speed up the recovery process.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:22 am

Call me silly, but if the intent is to hurt the owner or get resources for yourself, why not just steal the planet?

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:40 am
Profile WWW

ChromeGenisis wrote:
Just like how the Kuglox Entity thing blockades a planet and hinders production we should be able to blockade a planet.

So underneath the attack button we have a blockade button. Each blockading ship adds -5% production to the planet.

Blockading cannot take place while there are guards on the planet. Guarding cannot take place until all blockaders are gone

Just like how guarding allows you to keep an expired legion alert as long as you are still guarding it. You can keep an expire enemy planet alert so long as you are blockading it

+1

But for this to work, when blockading a planet, each blockading player makes a - production Effect.
When blockading a planet, a random planet of yours gets the same production effect but benefiting them. + what ever %.

Each Blockader increases the attack and defense by 1% As long as the blockader is in place.
Each player ship every hour gets attacked by the planet.
Every 24 hours, every 5 blockaders destorys 1 random Normal planetary building
Every Full day that a player succesfully blockade the planet, the planet defenses ect, degrades. The next 24 hours the effects get worse.

To blockade, the population of the planet has to be 10 or less. as long as the blockade lasts, the population will stay the same.
The planet like in the orginal version can't be fluxed/ gaurded OR INVADED untill all blockaders have been disabled (Removed)

When removed from a blockade, theres a 12 hours timer alert. so your able to re-target the targeted planet.
When blockading, you can not blockade or gaurd another planet as well. Only may blockade or gaurd 1 planet.

Doing all this would make this idea worth applying and insteresting over annoying.

The 2 highlighted in green may conflict against each other but if you can't blockade for a day, You'll wont be much help.
The other alternative. Remove:
Each Blockader increases the attack and defense by 1% As long as the blockader is in place.

And have the All Blockaded planets can be targeted on the battle tab. So your whole legion can help against the blockaders.
Everything for blockades must be fair, and thats a fine line to cross.

JF

Manners Doesn't cost anything,
Those who dont follow these rules, aren't worth knowing,
Member of The Unknown.

~John Falls~

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 am

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Call me silly, but if the intent is to hurt the owner or get resources for yourself, why not just steal the planet?

Because two reasons

1. too weak to take it but still want to affect them somehow

2. to troll that player in a way.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:30 am

I like the sound of this idea. The forum would be full of Honey Badgers complaining about Exotica being blockaded by half of the top 10 legions. :P

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:39 am

Spork wrote:
I like the sound of this idea. The forum would be full of Honey Badgers complaining about Exotica being blockaded by half of the top 10 legions. :P

It wont be just us :)

The purple rock is crap any way. More hassel than its worth.

JF

Manners Doesn't cost anything,
Those who dont follow these rules, aren't worth knowing,
Member of The Unknown.

~John Falls~

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Hawkeblade wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

Because two reasons

1. too weak to take it but still want to affect them somehow

2. to troll that player in a way.

prevent it from being fluxed..

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:

I thought you'd be happy for an extra way to troll people?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:14 pm

John Falls wrote:
ChromeGenisis wrote:

To blockade, the population of the planet has to be 10 or less. as long as the blockade lasts, the population will stay the same.

I might as well invade the damn thing if I have to do all that......
In real life a blockade of a major shipping route doesn't involve killing people rather that's simply the long term result from lack of resources

Darth Flagitious wrote:

Because invading gets expensive after a while.....
And it may have a tactical advantage: As a part of blockading the owner can't get to the planets resources so why not disallow them from adding new structures also? A Saboteurs damage will be permanent until you can get rid of the blockers. This would be a great method to take out a bricked planet. Besieging it until it is ripe for invasion

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next