View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 sorting planets 

how about sorting planets according flag colours?

for S2 means <3

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:29 am

+1

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:52 am

I was seriously considering to post this at one point. I use flags quite heavily and having to scroll through all the planets that belong to my legionmates (blue flags) just to find a planet that I was planning to capture (gold) for example is annoying.

+1

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:00 am

+1

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:01 am
Profile WWW

Fenix wrote:
I was seriously considering to post this at one point. I use flags quite heavily and having to scroll through all the planets that belong to my legionmates (blue flags) just to find a planet that I was planning to capture (gold) for example is annoying.

+1

Why aren't your legionmates' planets purged from your database?

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:06 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Fenix wrote:

+1

Why aren't your legionmates' planets purged from your database?

*shrugs* :|

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 am

and if your looking for a planet to STEAL, sort them by...oh.. i dunno.. THE ENEMY CROWN, there, presto sorted. then sort by either richness, or however you choose.

i will agree that sorting the flag colors MIGHT come in handy one in every 100 planet searchs, but truly, how many planets do you need flagged?
Ive got 35 flagged 12 enemy, flagged either for having been stolen from me (as a reminder to tap it weekly), or that it has an arti or effect i wouldnt mind stealing (extractors permitting).
and 23 owned planets, mostly stolen planets that need temp fluxing, or artis need re arranging( again extractors permitting), the rest are either project planets that arent over x10 yet and are way down in the planet list, or storages, which range quite broadly in resource richness.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:33 pm

icarium81 wrote:
and if your looking for a planet to STEAL, sort them by...oh.. i dunno.. THE ENEMY CROWN, there, presto sorted. then sort by either richness, or however you choose.

i will agree that sorting the flag colors MIGHT come in handy one in every 100 planet searchs, but truly, how many planets do you need flagged?
Ive got 35 flagged 12 enemy, flagged either for having been stolen from me (as a reminder to tap it weekly), or that it has an arti or effect i wouldnt mind stealing (extractors permitting).
and 23 owned planets, mostly stolen planets that need temp fluxing, or artis need re arranging( again extractors permitting), the rest are either project planets that arent over x10 yet and are way down in the planet list, or storages, which range quite broadly in resource richness.

I have my good planets flagged so i can check for scanners. this is about 80 planets VL 3x arti +

Then i have planets with good arties on SMall VR icy with omni base etc

The ability to sort by flag is a must for me, it's been suggest numerous times since Flags came out and always Given it +1

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 pm

i think the problem here is that a VL x3 isnt really a good planet, and you have it flagged as such.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 pm

icarium81 wrote:
i think the problem here is that a VL x3 isnt really a good planet, and you have it flagged as such.

To you it may not be good, but remember that he's half your rank and that planet can provide a good 300-500 production with the right stuff on it.

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:12 pm
Profile WWW

Preliator Xzien wrote:
icarium81 wrote:

To you it may not be good, but remember that he's half your rank and that planet can provide a good 300-500 production with the right stuff on it.

Fireblade is a much higher Rank that Icarium.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:43 pm

XxDarthDexterxX wrote:
Preliator Xzien wrote:
icarium81 wrote:

Fireblade is a much higher Rank that Icarium.

My bad, thought he was RustyTinCan for a minute there. :oops:

Golgotha wrote:
its the attitude of being willing to take on the shark with the right harpoon that sets you above most

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

Preliator Xzien wrote:
icarium81 wrote:

Vl 3x isn't that good no But it's a solid 300 ap/h and when i get a crit hack it's one i waste a flux probe on making sure it's not scanned.

Which is why i flag my good planets.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30205&hilit=sort+flags

Was suggested months ago.

Even had an Admin +1

Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 pm

and again, whats wrong with just sorting my OWNERSHIP, and richness? i can go through my planets (game lag not withstanding) in about 2 minutes. 1-50 are x10 and above, 51-100 are MR to x7 and above... first 50 get probed when i get hacked, the rest that have flags (storages mostly) get probed as well.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm

icarium81 wrote:
and again, whats wrong with just sorting my OWNERSHIP, and richness? i can go through my planets (game lag not withstanding) in about 2 minutes. 1-50 are x10 and above, 51-100 are MR to x7 and above... first 50 get probed when i get hacked, the rest that have flags (storages mostly) get probed as well.

Because the 15x toxic i don't give a crap about is in with the 15x arti world i don't want to loose, Do you have any actual points as to why this would be a bad idea rather than just saying because you don't want to use it so it shouldn't be made?

Please show me your argument that this is a bad idea rather than saying you can manage without it because there is a lot we can manage without player flags in general being one of them but they make the game easier this is just a step in the right direction for them to make sorting your planets a less painful experience.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm

i certainly think dan has more important things to work on then this.

if youre concerned about planet sorting, then learn how to use the FILTER bar.

owned planets, richness, filter :ARTI
DONE :)

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 pm

icarium81 wrote:
i certainly think dan has more important things to work on then this.

if youre concerned about planet sorting, then learn how to use the FILTER bar.

owned planets, richness, filter :ARTI
DONE :)

So what about the C 4x gai i have that is also 21x research?

The Vm 15x research exotic that is also 3x arti?

These would get missed out in your filter and as both make over 400 arti/h i would like to keep them...

Sorting by planet filter is hardly the biggest task in terms of coding.

It's not just my "good planets that are flagged i flag projects my own planets that are waiting for temp fluxing from recent invasions or recent scans, planets i want to invade maybe not for there stats but for the arties on them etc

The flag system was a great addition but it will be not be truly functional until we can sort by individual flags.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]