View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Senatorhung's Analysis: Ship Log SHOWDOWN ! 

Most recent ship log showdown: here.

original post:

U showed me yours ... now ? ... i am *NOT* going to show you mine.

but, as i did in the Resource / Artifact to rank topic, i have created a comparison chart. i have had the idea for a few weeks, but the wiki spam issue had kept me pre-occupied until this week (thanks Dan and Maude for resolving !)

there are already enough 'howamidoing' threads jamming up the forum. if you want rank-by-rank details, see these compilation posts from Sparky for beginners and strategy, and also from Darth Ravadge.

however, i would enjoy a discussion about what these charts say about strategy vis-a-vis ranking speed, deck sizes, and the benefits of a reset vs soldiering on.

compiling the data for the chart took 3-4 days, and some pilots were left off due to inconsistent reporting. however, i would like to thank all of them for their ship logs (see the list at the end of this post) and will give them each an individual chart on their topics.

1. senatorhung - MSB, raids leaderboard
2. Crazor - reset, SSB
3. bobdebouwer - reset, SSB
4. icarium - LSB, pvp terrorist
5. adsibearsawsome - LSB, late bloomer
6. Nova149 - reset, LSB
7. Golgotha - MSB maestro
8. RustyTinCan - LSB (but MSB aspirant), raids leaderboard

(SSB - small ship build, MSB - medium, LSB - large)

here is the tableau that i am doing for the individual ships:

thanks again to the following pilots:

- Crazor
- bobdebouwer
- icarium
- elerian
- bvent
- NZL Sean
- adsibearsawsome
- Nova149
- PaulHsiao
- RustyTinCan
- Golgotha - sorry Golgotha, not going to do up a set of charts for a single datapoint lol.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:10 am, edited 27 times in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 am
Profile WWW

Very cool.

Shame i am but a single point, but unless i had given multiple posts, not much could be done about it.

I shall devour that data over time, but wanted to mention how cool i thought it was first!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 am

and I thought, that Golgotha is "only" MSB... but in decks is far lower than others

what is funny for me, that per chart he has 2000 decks, what I counted as the target decks for me per my planned ship modules.
once in future :lol:
gonna keep to the plan, than 8-)

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am

Flux wrote:
and I thought, that Golgotha is "only" MSB... but in decks is far lower than others

what is funny for me, that per chart he has 2000 decks, what I counted as the target decks for me per my planned ship modules.
once in future :lol:
gonna keep to the plan, than 8-)

yeah, i think MSB can be defined as 2x to 5x of SSB decks ... anything bigger would be a LSB build, anything less would be an SSB build. getting to an SSB build is a challenge, unless you start with that build in mind. Rusty still has a few ranks to go to get to MSB.

strategy-wise, you can see from the lower-left quadrant that there are definite advantages to ranking faster in terms of artifact per rank, but also the sooner you start focusing on artifacts, the better your ratio. also, it's kind of neat that you can see the S-curves that result ... perhaps from the mission exotic / dyson / rifts ?

still trying to parse the crew charts, but we can see that Golgotha has done very well on both tacs and engineers ... his artifact / rank ratio undoubtedly helps with getting the prisoners.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

Awesome work, nice to be able to see how my ship's been progressing in a chart, and see how I might compare to other ships' progression. Would've loved to see how I would've fit on the chart (although I am still relatively low ranked), thanks for all the work you put into this and my individual chart :)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:06 am

thanks. and i just noticed this one myself, im on the PvP leaderboard. snuck right on and didnt even know!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:00 am

alright, i couldn't resist mucking further with these charts. i have added 4 more comparisons, but shuffled them around a bit:

okay, this one adds days/rank vs days played and the defense strength / attack strength formulas gleaned from this forum topic:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28234

here i use the standard strength formula for 'attack strength', while using sumwunn's formula (that includes hull, shield, and defense cap) for 'defense strength'.

i also switched the decks / ssb decks chart to days played on the x-axis, rather than rank, to better match with the other 2 days played charts.

so, looking between days/rank and artifacts per rank, we can see that there is not a strong relationship between slower-ranking players and higher artifact production. so, the arti production appears to be mostly related to planets taken and improved.

i was hoping to see some correlations between the decks/ssb decks chart and the strength vs strength chart. however, the only real pattern seems to be that ships with lower decks will appear in the top-left quadrant of the strength chart, while those with more decks appear on the lower-right quadrant. the tie-in with ssb decks is pretty tenuous.

turning to the 2d chart:

this one adds charts for attack / t.o.'s, and npc kills / pvp kills.

looking at the t.o. and engineer charts, we can see that for Crazor and Bob (reset, low-rank) there was a clear trade-off between t.o.'s and engineers. however, once you get past rank 100, this trade-off seems to moderate, with only a couple of flatter sections for adsi and icarium on the engineer chart during periods of steep t.o. acquisitions.

turning to attack / t.o., we can see that as you get higher in rank, more and more of your attack comes from t.o.'s. the ssb builds tend to keep that ratio low right from the get-go. with the npc vs pvp chart, it is very surprising to see that ALL of the players fit into a narrow band after around rank 100, where the npc/pvp kills ratio gets steadily higher. this might be reflecting the fact that dominion cannon mark IIIs become available at rank 100, and that most players will have pvp'd heavily prior to rank 100 in order to get those guns. but once they have them, the focus turns towards npc's.

anyway, i'm sure others can come up with other tidbits that they can glean from these charts. please share your insights if you can see a different ratio / chart that might highlight something interesting.

for the record, here are the datapoints that i looked for from the ship logs topics:
- starting date
- rank
- decks
- hull
- shield
- date of posting
- attack
- defense
- pvp kills
- npc kills
- tactical officers
- engineers
- helmsmen (not yet included on any charts)
- artifact production
- ALL resource production

_____________Image

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

if i may ask, what did you use to determine my defence/attack strength? my average levels? I only ask as my post gave a max and min strength range, rather than a set strength point.

I have also recently powereleveled, but if you ever want a second data chunk, give me a yell

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 pm

I can send you a little update too since Im over rank 600 now.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Golgotha wrote:
if i may ask, what did you use to determine my defence/attack strength? my average levels? I only ask as my post gave a max and min strength range, rather than a set strength point.

I have also recently powereleveled, but if you ever want a second data chunk, give me a yell

yep, i used average. don't want to intimidate the noobs TOO much ;)

if you update the topic that i linked to in my first post, i will keep tabs on that. goes for bob too. levrosh has indicated that he is interested in taking Nova's spot as a reset since they are no longer flying. but i am interested in getting info on the chart from a power-leveller.

however, i will not accept info sent in pm's ... the info has to be a forum topic that gets updated for all to see so that someone else could duplicate what i'm doing (or do it differently). i have made a few exceptions by 'making up' information ... usually by just copying missing info from their previous post in the topic ... but if you want a true comparison, put as much info as you can. i track my own planets scanned / conquered / missions completed, etc. but have not yet been inspired to come up with a chart for those things. same thing with ship mods.

_____________Image

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

it's been a couple months, so i thought i'd update these charts, and also add 2 pilots - Levrosh and elerian. some of elerian's numbers are fudged as the ship logs were incomplete - i just use the last known values, which tends to depress the relative stats.

Nova is no longer playing. is anyone willing to start a ship log for an auto-ranking large-ship-build to take her place on these charts ?

here are the datapoints that i gathered from the ship log topics to generate these charts:
- starting date (from anniversary or reset dates - guesstimated if not directly available)
- rank
- decks
- hull
- shield
- date of posting
- attack
- defense
- pvp kills
- npc kills
- tactical officers
- engineers
- mining production
- artifact production
- research production

_____________Image

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:55 am
Profile WWW

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
I like how my AP/H spiked up, then gradually went down for awhile and then found its way back up :)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 am
Profile WWW

I posted an update of my stats ages ago as well, at the 1200 mark i think.

It was right after my first and only massive autolevel spree on the purger mission too, so my "power to rank" ratio probably got worse, but there you go :)

i might post another update at the 1250 point. Wont bother working out my absolute maximums like before, just put the new hull/crew scores up - but thats the big changes anyway.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 am

This is great, Thanks very much Senator!! though Im not too sure about my squiggly pink line! need to improve my ship a bit I think! :P

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 am

Thanks for doing this. Shows me how I'm doing as compared to expected values, and where I need to improve more.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Golgotha wrote:

It was right after my first and only massive autolevel spree on the purger mission too, so my "power to rank" ratio probably got worse, but there you go :)

i might post another update at the 1250 point. Wont bother working out my absolute maximums like before, just put the new hull/crew scores up - but thats the big changes anyway.

yeah, i had the notes in my spreadsheet ... just hadn't included them in the charts as pushing the crew per rank charts to cover ranks over 1000 takes the bottom log axis up to 10,000 which does not give enough space for the legends. i have modified the axes for the bottom chart to go up to 1200, so they will be ready if you post another update.

oh, and because you did not include updated attack and defense in your r1200 post ... i just copied the previous values ... so you will see a drop in your relative strengths whenever i post an updated chart.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Profile WWW

Just curious. Can you include energy totals?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 pm

senatorhung wrote:
Golgotha wrote:

yeah, i had the notes in my spreadsheet ... just hadn't included them in the charts as pushing the crew per rank charts to cover ranks over 1000 takes the bottom log axis up to 10,000 which does not givwe enough space for the legends. i have modified the axes for the bottom chart to go up to 1200, so they will be ready if you post another update.

oh, and because you did not include updated attack and defense in your r1200 post ... i just copied the previous values ... so you will see a drop in your relative strengths whenever i post an updated chart.

Sorry man, did not bother to do the maths at the time, just posted the increase via TO's and Helms. Just edited to show what the totals would have been using the "average" stats of the 1000, plus the increase multiplied by passive modifiers, such as konqul bonus.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 pm

icarium81 wrote:
Just curious. Can you include energy totals?

don't think it is feasible as even i can go from 1600 with relays on, up to 3500 with relays off and extra energy mods. doesn't really mean anything in comparison. plus, energy efficiency depends on what modules you have.

engineers per rank is probably a good enough proxy for base energy.

_____________Image

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:12 am
Profile WWW

- changed scales from log to linear thanks to Golgotha's new data
- changed attack / T.O. to T.O.s per attack (%) ... so, tending to rise (rather than fall) as rank increases
- added trend lines for npc kills per pvp kills

- set min y-axis on decks / ssb decks to 1 instead of 0
- added interim log lines for defense strength vs attack strength

- adsibearsawsome has announced that he is quitting, so are there 2 other ships interested in taking his spot, as well as Nova's ? if so, just set up a ship log and update it regularly with the following info:

- starting date (from anniversary or reset dates)
- rank
- decks
- hull
- shield
- date of posting
- attack
- defense
- pvp kills
- npc kills
- tactical officers
- engineers
- mining production
- artifact production
- research production

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next