View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 New ranks added, 800, 900, 1000, 1106 and 1400 

So, this is partly for me to keep a record of how things are going, but I'm also looking for feedback and advice on what I need to work on and where to go from here.
Currently Zolazin Sab and focussing on slow-ranking to increase strength, doing lots of hacking and will do some sabbing of planet for about the next month. I am also, when energy allows, working through one of the missions that needs decent cloak, Protogrid Entry, can't remember why, but seemed like a good idea at the time.
I have both my mission exotic and dyson and am currently putting my research into getting +12 buildings (once I get my Eureka medal). I know I need to increase the production from both mission planets and is also another current focus.
Most of my rank points go into TO's (80%) and engineers (20%).
Once I have the sab medal and want to change race/profession again, is where I'm not sure to go next. I can PVP to get more red badges, still need about 700 for Dom Auto-Blasters, I can do some missions, the one to get some planet fluxes was recommended. Once I have researched +12 buildings I plan to go further on scan mods and do another scan blitz, then base research so I can at least contribute to level 5 bases.
So, any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, happy to hear!! :)

Last edited by swinephil on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:56 am

If u tell me your ign, could always hit u once and tell you the results.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:05 am

Sorry, forgot to post that, but be nice.
Philus

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:17 am

The battles, player kills ect page of the ship stats is good to post. Also your hull and sheild would be helpfull and maybe installed modules so we can give you advice on them
Anywhoo from what I can see Your artifact seems on the low side and your research on the high side. Im sure you allready know but mission planets should be artifact based. aim to colonize artifact planets more and others less.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Your attack and def look ok for your rank. You're getting into the rank range where def starts getting very important, so I'd start researching into that (if you haven't already). +12 structures and obviation barriers (in shields) are very good to have researched early on, so I'll recommend these as well. And you mentioned researching scanners for another scan blitz later, which is never a bad default option in my opinion.

Your productions look to be very solid for you rank (much better than I had, even at rank 220 or so). Like mentioned before, AP planets are the #1 priority from this point forward.

I would highly recommend not intentionally slow-ranking until you can get your AP to about 10k or else it's not doing much (unless you're getting good AP shipments from the base of course), and frankly I find it boring but I'll leave that up to you.

Missions wise..I had to look up what Protogrid Entry was and it looks like it's just a little bit of credits. AKA: DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME ON IT!!
Aeon Moon is the planet flux mission that was recommended to you. That's a great recommendation! You get 3 planet fluxes and the follow up is the tempo-flux mission (same as planet flux, except your planet can't have been attacked in the last week). The Silthion mission is another one I would recommend once you get up to rank 210 I think it is.

Race wise: I think zolazin saboteur is pretty useful myself, but if you want a better choice for PvP..Konqul Fixer or Aerlan Fixer are nice and either of those as excavator would make a nice improvement on your AP in the longrun.

Anyways, I hope this helped. Best of luck to ya.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Installed mods and ship stats as recommended. My ship is relatively small, not true SSB, but I am always juggling mods. I have all Dom Cannon MkIII's, BM50's, Cipher-Bots and Protean Armory. Still need to get some of the other silver badge mods and Decryption Quad-Frame, so as time and space dictates.
Quote:
Your attack and def look ok for your rank. You're getting into the rank range where def starts getting very important, so I'd start researching into that (if you haven't already). +12 structures and obviation barriers (in shields) are very good to have researched early on, so I'll recommend these as well. And you mentioned researching scanners for another scan blitz later, which is never a bad default option in my opinion.

Wondered about def, mine is low, rely on damage cap atm, but will put some RP into that.
Quote:
Anywhoo from what I can see Your artifact seems on the low side and your research on the high side. Im sure you allready know but mission planets should be artifact based. aim to colonize artifact planets more and others less.

Yep, mission planets definitely have an artifact focus, and my overall focus is 3 fold, artifact, artifact, artifact. I got a lot of research planets early on, but probably not since about rank 100

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Ahh, relatively small ship build is a bit tricky in regards to what defenses to install. In that case, researching into defense may not be as high of a priority as I made it out to be...Anyways, I'm sure you can figure out what works and what doesn't. :)

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:48 am

Still trucking along, most significant changes are:
More TO's, aiming for 2K and almost there (these pics are a little old, now at Rank 220)
Have finished +12 buildings and upgraded most planets
Now researching cloak, then energy, then weapons.
When on scan blitz for legion mission (blue gas one) only decent planet I could get was a maxed toxic
Arti production increased, now 5236/hour
Mineral also increased, now 3690 units/hour
Got quite a few modules sitting in the cargo, once I get to 2K TO's I'm going to increase my decks to 1000, sick of installing and uninstalling and repairing stuff.

PS. Got to 200 at 309 days.

Philus (now Rank 221)

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 pm

So thems the crew that fought off my raid a while back. Nice ship dude. Could use MOAR ARTI. but that's everyone I do believe.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 pm

We're about the same rank, you can go compare and contrast with my ship, if you would like. My post is further down. But if ya want to PM me, I can give you a more updated version. Lol
Maybe I'll update mine again. Idk

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 pm

good number! especially ur galaxy points! :P

on topic: nice ship, imo u need more hull

u dun hef to be med

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 am
Profile WWW

Haha, thanks. That pic does show a low hull, I have a small ship so can't get all mods on, but can get hull to almost 10K if needed, and I remember!!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Have added approx 150 decks since last post. Been still adding mainly T.O.'s but now also starting to add engineers. Yes, hull is low, typically higher than that, but still need to research and get it above 10K

Deaths from players going up, not happy :( But so has Non-player kills :)

Production improving nicely, but always want more

Also finished the final relays, once done I'm going to focus on hull, then sensors, then defence. I seem to get disabled fairly regularly, so also changing to Fixer for a while.

I have been ranking very fast lately, minimum 2-3 times a days, so have got me some good NPC modules, but relative strength to rank has decreased and I am also visible to much higher ranks. So am gonna slow down for a while and just hit NPC's I need/want. Most of my energy will be going to the Taltherian mission chain and when I finally finish it, then I can slow rank properly for a while.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Mods screen shots

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

omegaDDeck wrote:

Always cool seeing high GP, it's a good way in supporting the game

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:12 am

MiracleOne wrote:
omegaDDeck wrote:

Always cool seeing high GP, it's a good way in supporting the game

Hold on guys... I got this!

That's 1672 GP in the background + the Rift.

Yung's Trading Post

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:42 am
Profile WWW

Location: Somewhere trying to find a way to increase the use of Time Manipulators.
That Rift produces 45% of my total AP/H... and you have 3 Rifts.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:55 am
Profile WWW

That rift is almost double mine!!!!! I want it.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:56 am

*facepalm*

You guys totally lost site on what that post was about.

Yung's Trading Post

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:04 pm
Profile WWW

You're right, sorry.

My god, give me some of your GP!!!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next