View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ALERT: TRE02: Factions at War 

Factions of the Tejiar are locked in a bitter war over a precious substance called raix. The Tej-Brask suffered brutal losses after the Tej-Sheel released a powerful raix weapon, decimating the attacking fleets. While a temporary calm permeates the massive debris field, ships continue to look for survivors.

Daily Mission
Factions at War
Our field report indicates that Sector T5 is nothing more than a massive debris field now. Though the damage is extensive, scans have detected survivors. Contact them and gain some insight into what happened here.

Cost: 200 Energy, 1 Ion Storm Charge

375 experience, 1 Raix-Radiated Plating
55 clicks, 11 completions

Raix-Radiated Plating
[Hull - Size:20, Hull:160]
If this device is already installed on your ship, this will instead upgrade its stats by 50%, up to 500% max. When fully upgraded, it will provide +300 defense.

Scrap Value: 7-15 Complex Tech Parts

Final Stats: Size:20, Hull:960, Defense:300

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:15 am

Is it just me or are the energy requirements ridiculously high?

vir·u·lent ˈvir(y)ələnt/ 1. Bitterly hostile. 2. (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:16 am

The Id10t Virus wrote:

ikr

11k energy for 160 hull... so 121k energy for 960 hull & 300 defense...

These missions are seemingly more and more geared towards higher ranks... yay... but i can add those amounts in like 2 days from my aph.

These are great for most of the SSB/MSB lower ranks, but then they've gotta dish out at least one refill per completion to get the module.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 am

From the picture and the mission conversation I'd say it also looks like we might be getting another vote mission coming up. If we do can we leave it for the final mission and have one of two possible rewards(one for each faction) to fit different play styles.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:30 am

The Id10t Virus wrote:

i agree

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:42 am

had a feeling people would start moaning about the E requirement lol :D Sure its not great but wouldn;t surprise me if a later mission gives it an effect of something etc...

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 am

Ooh I am actually going to try and do this one... That hull module is pretty nice for my ship style

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:36 am

Adsibearsawsome wrote:
had a feeling people would start moaning about the E requirement lol :D Sure its not great but wouldn;t surprise me if a later mission gives it an effect of something etc...

lol it is always the case though isn't it :)

I suppose its the counter intuitiveness of the situation to be honest.

We're all told from a relatively low rank that ranking too fast isn't good for you, not only because it can lead to a weak ship, but also because of the lack of high rank NPC content, and lack of high rank specific content in general.

Yet here we are, expected, for some players, to climb 11 ranks on just one mission. Not to mention any bases you might wanna hit or NPC'ing you might want to do during the time it takes to complete this one mission.

Even if this entire chain gives a nice reward, is it really worth it to the rank 450 player, whom starts the chain and by the end is now rank 700, with really poor productions for their rank.

This mission is not worth the energy cost for a mere pittance of 960 hull and 300 defense.

Regardless of what the end result of the entire chain is, we're already at 200k energy spent on this chain(at the end of this mission), and by the time we're done, we'll be close to 800k energy is my guess, an utterly absurd amount of energy and an absurd amount of ranking involved.

As an example, the Trellith chain cost 170,225 energy to complete in its entirety, and it gave us the ability to increase a specific part of a planet's production by 30% for 3 days, and we could use the ability once every 24 hours. So we could have 3 planets rocking this effect on a rolling schedule.

The Uldrinian Chain cost 600k energy and requires a race change to make any use of the mediocre and "limited use" artifacts.

So far for the Raix Chain, we've spent the equivalent of 1/3 of the energy needed to complete the Uldrinian Chain, and we're only on mission two of lord knows how many more.

------------------------------

You cannot tell people... "You knew what you were doing when you outranked this specific piece of content..." when it's the fault of sometimes imperative content completion that forces you to rank that fast.

If the xp reward was nerfed, then it would be better all round. Stop rewarding 1.9 or 1.75... nrg:xp ratio's and get down to the gritty numbers of a 1:1 or 1:0.75 xp ratio's.

Allow people the time to build their ships as they rank, don't force them to rank on crazy nrg missions to get the good modules for their ship.

Last edited by kirkeastment on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:57 am

They aren't forced, they can choose not to do this chain.

Yes the E is high, if your not an E based ship then I suggest you skip it.

If you get 50 brackets a day from your APh then your E should be so high you don't care.

I like it, I needed a big mission for something to do.

--myst

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Mystic71 wrote:
They aren't forced, they can choose not to do this chain.

Yes the E is high, if your not an E based ship then I suggest you skip it.

If you get 50 brackets a day from your APh then your E should be so high you don't care.

I like it, I needed a big mission for something to do.

--myst

You are forced to do it though, perhaps not in the sense of someone tying you up and pointing a gun at you, but in as follows;

If the end artifact is great, you then have what could be an 80 day wait to get that artifact, this then places you at what could be, depending on the final reward, a severe disadvantage to those of a similar rank to yourself.

As such, many players will feel they have no choice but to do the missions, because otherwise they will have a hell of a catchup job on their hands, as well as having double the expenditure because a new mission chain will arrive within 4-6 weeks of this one ending.

Overall though, its just a hypocritical stance from the developer. There's lackluster high rank content, yet we're giving mission chains to players as low as rank 100 that could potentially make you rank anywhere from 400x(if you started at rank 100) - 60x(if you're rank 1000)(maybe more if you do other missions or anything else) in order to complete this one chain.

Lower xp rewards should be the answer, because i very much doubt Dan is going to lower the energy costs as stated.

Last edited by kirkeastment on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Did anyone else notice this?

I wonder what "Raix Transformation" is? Perhaps the Raix race has the ability to transform/upgrade modules?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:26 pm

I still don't agree of your version of forced, your assuming equal abilities of all players at all ranks. Instead of doing this mission chain I would tell the same player your saying is forced to do the cyclobeams and the wave ejectors... The rank that your talking about that gets 150 ranks by being forced to do this mission has not finished, well, anything.
So they have other just as viable options... Skip this monster.

--myst

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Nice catch Vette. Nope I hadn't noticed that.

--myst

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Vette wrote:

I wonder what "Raix Transformation" is? Perhaps the Raix race has the ability to transform/upgrade modules?

yeah i saw it, hence the reason i thought there might be an ability added to it later

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Vette wrote:

Yep, it is a rather intriguing statement, but how often does something look like it could have potential and then... disappointment.

Look at the Uldrinian Market. Those are some really sweet rewards, but two of the items need "limited quantity" items on a planet first, the other item is a ship module, so you can only have one.

The only good item is the Uldri Power Node, which seems amazing, but when looked at, it's only just on par with Taltherian Ability.

Over the course of 10 days as Taltherian you can increase planetary production from 9x-15x, which with the right production could mean 200 aph gained.

Over the same 10 days as Uldrinian you can get four 5% arti production boosters. Which when place on planets already earning you 1k aph each, equals 50aph gained per planet, so 200 aph total.

However, as Taltherian, you have access to excavator, Uldrinian does not. So you are losing out on 10% additional artifact production.

----------------

What we need is another mission chain that ends with a permanent use ability, like the trellith catalyst ability.

I hope people can understand what i'm attempting to show here, which is that the recent energy intense missions(which are the first two missions of this current chain) don't offer anywhere near the same reward for the amount of energy invested.

A module, which is really only of use(at the moment) to those going with the SSB/MSB strategy, which is great for them. It took Dan 2-3 years to realize the direction he wanted to take in that aspect though. :)

Once there are say another 100 or so of these modules, then the benefit for LSB's will be there too, but for the meantime, it's the waiting game. :)

The other reward... something which offers a 1% production too all resources on 1 planet. Non-Stackable. It's nice, but for 90k total energy, you could farm up a whole bunch of terraformers and get more than that for the same 0 space requirement.

----------

So like i said, i'm not attempting to make this a huge thing, i just think if we're going to have the crazy energy costs, then nerf that xp ratio, so it isn't as costly to the way you want to build your ship. Especially since there is nothing there for the people who rank fast.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:37 pm

The Id10t Virus wrote:

definitely agree, the energy requirements are getting out of hand for daily missions

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Can we get a % modifier to defense for the completed module?

Make it 1% so its not a huge bonus for anyone but at least it will be something that continues to grow. A flat 300 bonus is laughbly bad when you consider the energy costs.

Last edited by maxer on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:20 pm

maxer wrote:
Can we get a % modifier to defense for the completed module? 300 defense is almost worthless.

I'm betting the Raix Transformation will make it much better than it currently is. Perhaps it will have an ability or a % bonus or it might just be enhanced stats, but it will definitely be better.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Vette wrote:
maxer wrote:
Can we get a % modifier to defense for the completed module? 300 defense is almost worthless.

I'm betting the Raix Transformation will make it much better than it currently is. Perhaps it will have an ability or a % bonus or it might just be enhanced stats, but it will definitely be better.

Quoting For Preservation. :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Vette wrote:
maxer wrote:

Quoting For Preservation. :mrgreen:

Quoting for ... I'm not really sure what I'm quoting for, but it's a snow day and they won't let me into the lab to do work, so I'm stuck here .....

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next