View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Research Data Archive 

I bought two Research Data Archives.

The game lists a Rank Research Capacity, which hasn't changed. It doesn't list a total research capacity with the +4000 points from these two archives included.

Am I going to get that research capacity - is the bug just that it isn't displayed?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 pm

You need to put the Research Data Archive on a planet toget them work.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah. Did that. :)

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

The change in storage capacity doesn't show on the rank capacity display directly, but if you hover over it with your mouse, it will show your rank capacity and any storage capacity.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:52 pm

In other words not the research hover near your experience bar, but in research tab on left side, that will show extra storage.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Either one will work. If you use the research counter in the upper right, it will show you total capacity. If you use the one in the research tab, it shows you before and after any storage.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:16 pm

It just took an unusual time to update - it is now showing the correct values, and I maxed it out again last night... time to buy another.

Thanks all!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

I would strongly recommend finding the largest, but crappiest resource planet you can. Put as many capacity buildings on it as you can, then give it a little cloak and then fill any remaining space with defence and population buildings.

Normally i'd say give it pure cloak, but since the attack and defence buildings now give a much bigger benefit-space ratio than the cloak buildings, you're better off just defending it really well than attempting to outright hide it. The highest level players can find Dysons even though they have a 10,000 passive cloak bonus, so cloak really isn't as good as it used to be.

My folding@home stats :)

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 am

Matress_of_evil wrote:
I would strongly recommend finding the largest, but crappiest resource planet you can. Put as many capacity buildings on it as you can, then give it a little cloak and then fill any remaining space with defence and population buildings.

Normally i'd say give it pure cloak, but since the attack and defence buildings now give a much bigger benefit-space ratio than the cloak buildings, you're better off just defending it really well than attempting to outright hide it. The highest level players can find Dysons even though they have a 10,000 passive cloak bonus, so cloak really isn't as good as it used to be.

They didn't really find them though, they hacked them.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 am

All the more reason to defend it rather than cloak, then. Use a planet flux if you can get one too.

My folding@home stats :)

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]