View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Official Recurring Lag Thread 

I experience on/off lag every min or so still, then it stops for around 10 and starts again another min of on/off lag. I have no clue what is causing it and I only notice it when I play the game for long durations of time during contributing to bases and or NPCing.

I have uninstalled and deleted everything from chrome, no difference.

Overall the lag is not destroying my gameplay it is just annoying as hell. Any ideas Dan?

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:30 am

Just lost out on a planet theft as it was taking a minimum of 10 secs for each hit to register on the planet.

Also get it a lot during PvP and NPCing

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Some rather horrendous early am lag, 07:00-09:00 GST, blue barring every few hits on NPC's.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
So, this thread is still alive? Lol, remember when you all said it HAS to be a problem on my end? One of the Mods needs to just lock this thread; it's not like Dan is going to do anything about it.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Lag has been fairly awful the last 3-4 days.

Everything runs smooth, then I'll get 10-20 seconds of blue bars. No rhyme or reason as to when or why it is occurring.

It does seem to affect other players at the same time. For example, will be hitting a shared NPC, then locked out for 20 seconds... but when I am able to start again, the other players are right about where they were when I was hit, so they are obviously affected too.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Went into Chrome, and noticed that the downloaded version of Flash had somehow been enabled as well. Didn't bother checking this as I'd always had it disabled in the past.

Anyway, disabled it (so only one Flash plugin was running) and the massive lag issues went away immediately.

Have had a few instances of the "normal" 2-3 second lag that can occur but nothing like the game-killing 10-20 second pauses and crashes that were occurring. Problem was obviously on my end.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 pm

If the lack of players, etc. don't kill this game one day, then the lag will for sure. It's clearly an issue server side.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Getting lots of lag atm, decided to stop playing the game because of it.

Was not just me, other people in the legion complaining on our legion comm.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 am

yeah lag is definitely getting much worse. i remember when getting lag on occassion, i'd have to wait for the stupid progress bar and it'd "fill" 5 times before I get control back.

Now it's up to 10 times (exactly 10 every time). So either this is intentional throttling on Dan's part (cheapskate "load balancing"?), or he has had the server in a really horrible hosting center for years.

Anyway the simplest solution is to stop spending money in the game. I used to spend about $40-$60 a month, but due to this horrible lag, I've decided it's not worth spending money on anymore, and that's dropped to $0.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:30 pm

I've been getting pretty bad lag as well. Mostly in PvP. Blue bars for 2-3 minutes at a time. Especially after using a null or TM and going back to do an action afterwards.. big freezes.

Using Pale Moon if it matters.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Only 2 ways to deal with developers who only care about their wallets and not their customers experience.

Put your CREDIT CARDS AWAY for 2 months. 0 Purchases.

Dan makes a killing on this game. WE ALL know it, WE all see thousands a month being spent in all the big legions.

Yet.....

He can't provide a couple hundred bucks to update servers or hire a temp coder to fix all his obvious coding errors and inefficient coding techniques.....

This game needs a serious server upgrade and Overhaul of the code to be streamlined.

The fact Dan keeps allowing the game to gradually worsen for lag is a complete and utter slap in the face of every paying player.

I FOR ONE HAVE MADE MY LAST PURCHASE and WILL BE SURE TO KEEP NEW PLAYERS IN THE KNOW THAT THIS ISSUE IS A VERY LONG TERM ISSUE, AND WON'T BE GOING AWAY ANYTIME SOON AND THEY SHOULD MOVE ON NOW WHILE THEY STILL CAN AND DON'T HAVE SO MUCH COMMITTED TO THE GAME.

I will continue to play for now, it's summer stuff is slow, but I WON'T be introducing the game to new players, sharing posts from the game on my wall, spending money on the game, or anything else that improves Dans financial situation while our gaming experience continues to decline.

I have tested this game across 5 browser, in 3 citys on 8 different gaming rigs, using 4 different ISPS, adsl, fibre and cable, and extreme fibre over a year and half period. Anywhere for 10mb to 180mb, this game lags like #&$# period.

Cheers all Stand the hell up for your money for once in your life and stop paying Dan to disrespect your gaming experience.

Until then, off to watch the 30 secs blue bar everytime i click a containment missile.....

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Devastation wrote:
PLURVIOUS wrote:
Just started lagging again. Lag is so bad during PVP that I'm having to reload the page to get the blue bar to go away.

It's because people are busy hammering the server because of the seasonal NPCs. There's nothing Dan can do about that I'm afraid.

Yes there is he can take some of the 10's of thousands he's making off us and upgrade the server....

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:16 pm

What really blows me away is this...

EACH and every one of us if walked into a theater and the screen was torn up, or the projector was dim from a bad bulb, or the seats were sticky, would walk out and never visit that place again....

Dan slaps you right in the face with a big F$%^ you and your gaming experience and we all line up to give him more money..

Come on people, seriously, turn the game off for 2 mins, sit and really deeply dig, and ask yourself, "What the hell is wrong with me if I continue giving my money to someone I don't know, don't owe anything too and in return his company provides me with a sub par experience provided by his company"

Remember people, DAN IS A BUSINESS NOT A PERSON......... You certainly wouldn't let your phone company, your cable company, you moblie company, your water company, your hydro company, your grocer, your butcher, your lawyer, your Dr provide you with a sub par experience and then line up for the next dose of it...... So ask yourself, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING???????

I'll tell ya exactly what you're doing, you're teaching developers like this that it's ok to provide a sub par experience cause no matter what I will act like a junkie and come back and keep giving you my money no matter how bad you treat my gaming experience. Hell you don't even have to reply to my emails for support, hell you don't even have to come on the forums to at least try to explain your companies incompetence in providing a lag free gaming experience to your PAYING CUSTOMERS as i'll be there sending you more money......

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Big bout of lag then? I couldn't even get GL to load for roughly 5 mins.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:14 am

The seasonal event is over and the lag remains, if not getting worse. This has been a long term issue. It should be priority #1 to resolve.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:55 pm

as much as i agree, the problem is many of us have spent cash on this game because we liked it so carry on playing but now it is almost unplayable, TBH i'm not sure how much more of this lag i can take before i too say enough is enough and stop playing at this rate :(

Cybrspin wrote:
What really blows me away is this...

EACH and every one of us if walked into a theater and the screen was torn up, or the projector was dim from a bad bulb, or the seats were sticky, would walk out and never visit that place again....

Dan slaps you right in the face with a big F$%^ you and your gaming experience and we all line up to give him more money..

Come on people, seriously, turn the game off for 2 mins, sit and really deeply dig, and ask yourself, "What the hell is wrong with me if I continue giving my money to someone I don't know, don't owe anything too and in return his company provides me with a sub par experience provided by his company"

Remember people, DAN IS A BUSINESS NOT A PERSON......... You certainly wouldn't let your phone company, your cable company, you moblie company, your water company, your hydro company, your grocer, your butcher, your lawyer, your Dr provide you with a sub par experience and then line up for the next dose of it...... So ask yourself, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING???????

I'll tell ya exactly what you're doing, you're teaching developers like this that it's ok to provide a sub par experience cause no matter what I will act like a junkie and come back and keep giving you my money no matter how bad you treat my gaming experience. Hell you don't even have to reply to my emails for support, hell you don't even have to come on the forums to at least try to explain your companies incompetence in providing a lag free gaming experience to your PAYING CUSTOMERS as i'll be there sending you more money......

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Last edited by Kropotkin on Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 pm

BT attack and on hull only to have the game lock up. :?

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Attempting to do a bit of PvP yesterday and today, and for 20 or so kills, it took over an hour and a half to get them.
The game crashed 4 or 5 times completely, whilst the majority of the time it just kept the loading bar going and going and going... sometimes 7 or 8, and others, over 15.

This really needs to be dealt with. Its not like there are any seasonals going on.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 am

I come read the forum posts when there is lag. So I've usually read them all. :) lol

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next