View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 guarding planet before npc farming 

out of pure luck or statagy i have been farming ncp's awhile and came to notice if my ship is guarding a planet in the rare catagory like a dyson while i farm elites i have higher chance at npc's in the uncommon and rare catagorys. in the last few hours i have killed 800 npc's and i i got very few npc of higher rarity than uncommon on planets such as volcanic, and dessart, but when i switch to guarding a dyson, exotic or other rarer planets i get a much higher vhance to find a rare npc. this could just be all chance or luck but i have made sure to kill atleast 200 npc's or more while guarding planets. can or will any one else like to try this theroy out and see if it has any effect for you. i noticed this some time back but after a few weeks of farming it seems to hold some relavance.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:17 am

I have heard of another NPCing theory where leaving Uncommons on your NPC tab increased the chances of another Uncommon or Rare NPC spawning on your NPC tab.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:24 am

i have noticed some commons like tec collectors spawn more on diffeant types of planets but that is anouther test i am working on.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:32 am

I left a couple of Blade Harvesters in my bt recently, and soon ended up with 6 (all slots available for me at the moment). Could just be a coincidence though. Wish it had been Troop Carriers instead, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:18 am

after about 1000 npc's i ended up with 25 elite's 10 troop carriers 15 blades a few dozen others like crimson sythes and to many uncommons to count. i did this same thing earlyer today while not guarding a planet such as the rare city wolds and got 4 elites maybe 2 dozen uncommon to rares like the crimson sythe. i did test and it seems after the first 50 to 100 npc's you kill loot changes to more favorable.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:06 am

I will be testing the guarded planet theory over my next 2 serious NPC runs.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 pm

guarding exotica atm, and see no difrence in what NPC's I get....

and I dont give anything at all for the leave rare/uncommon NPC on your scanner therory
from what I'm seeing, if the RNG wants to give you Blade Harvesters, you get a lot of those during a periode of 30 to 60 min, and it makes no difrence if you leave them on scanner or kill them

a few weeks ago, I was hunting for strazies, and got 25+ RSL Confinement Center's on 1 rank of NPC killing, but 0 strazies
a few hours later I got 4 or 5 strazies in less then 2000 energy

from what I'm seeing, the RNG sometimes like to give out clusters of the same NPC
and it isnt even limited to just one player, have seen quite a few exampels of 3+ players in the same legion all finding a Silthion Hybrid Cluster at more or less presisly the same time, or within 10 of each other

but if it works for you, sure keep dooing it, wear your lucky socks when you kill NPC or do what ever you belive will increase your chance to find what you are looking for..

personaly I just belive in facts and raw data - and so far I havent seen any data at all that confirms any of those NPC theories

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]