View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 App Meter Update 

If you haven't seen my other threads, I've been periodically checking GL's pulse via various app meters. In the past, it hasn't been good. Here's a look today:
http://metricsmonk.com/apps/facebook/12 ... axy-legion

It continues not to be good. Daily Average Users (DAU) are down to 6,131, which is a loss of 5% since a month ago. We've been losing about 10% of our users per Quarter, and the loss continues.

Monthly Average Users (MAU) are even worse. Down from 18,656 in October to 16,615 now - a loss of 11% in a single month.

As usual, DAU as % of MAU creeps up, suggesting that the same core of people is remaining as everyone else bails out.

As we've had a rash of new Holiday updates, it becomes clear that these are not sufficient to prop up the userbase. There was no big jump in players with the arrival of the Chuhn, the Bane, and presumably not the Terran Outsiders. This, I think, gets to the larger issue that the game has not really changed in any meaningful way since legion missions were released. Everything else has been incremental updates like new NPC's that don't really change any existing dynamics of the game. Although people have cited the game's dated interface as a problem, that alone may not explain things - Zynga after all canceled Mafia Wars *2*, but the original is still alive and kicking. In any case, nothing has changed in-game, and nothing has changed as far as players leaving the game. I suspect my next report will be more of the same, although perhaps there will be a new NPC that requires 200 clicks to kill for Christmas. Since those have obviously gone so well.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:13 pm

No advertising
Tactics that are counter to the gaming norm, especially when starting out
Resets who slow rank with huge arti productions passed to them
No major game changes since LMs
A massive loss of things to do at higher rank

Probably the 5 biggest reasons this game will die in the next year, 2 max...

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Toastar wrote:

As usual, DAU as % of MAU creeps up, suggesting that the same core of people is remaining as everyone else bails out.

This.

I still hope there will be a major change as low number of players is not good for Dan's business. There were million suggestions raised, some terrible and some terrifying...
The recently promised new planets were added, now we expect "Training and Tutorial features" in approx 2 weeks.
I still have a small hope (following a logical assumption of preparation how to keep the new player then luring new players), that either in area of advertising or platform there will be a change to really gain a significant number of new players. (more and more folks prefer to play on mobiles and tablets where FB login as must is a show-stopper. Think about east markets where FB is not so popular.)

maybe old foxes will have to accept changes which they might not like unless they reset

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]