View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Neverending Remote Intrusion Effect {Official} 

I don't know if anyone else has noticed it/experienced it but when I asked my legion mates they said no so here it is:

Twice after hitting Cosmiren, Elios Luminary and being pulsed repeatedly (2 different Cosmiren by the way) after the pulse effect wore off I had a "remote intrusion effect" on my ship taking my attack down to 10%.

The 1st time we had killed a base around the same time so I thought perhaps I missed something. Second time it happened was when I made the connection to the elite.

Not sure if its a glitch or not. Didn't have a chance to screenshot it either.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Go home Fear, you're drunk.

Being at work, I don't know what was going on and wasn't involved in the discussion. Was the base still alive when the second occurance occurred? Remember, the remote intrusion is broke. It doesn't hit who it's supposed to, nor even who it says it hits. There's a possibility that you got whacked with the remote idiotrusion this way. I dunno.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Go home Fear, you're drunk.

Being at work, I don't know what was going on and wasn't involved in the discussion. Was the base still alive when the second occurance occurred? Remember, the remote intrusion is broke. It doesn't hit who it's supposed to, nor even who it says it hits. There's a possibility that you got whacked with the remote idiotrusion this way. I dunno.

Completely different base that as far as I can recall did not use any AP in its defense. I don't even think the base was up at that point. Piece of tin held together by about 6 players (which is respectable really cuz we've seen larger groups with bigger pieces of glass for base).

I dont recall hearing the remote intrusion function was broken but then i'm not on a 1st name basis with the proctological society like you my friend so it could just be a travelling in different circles thing.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Fear wrote:
I dont recall hearing the remote intrusion function was broken

Its been broken since Sept 2011. It often hits the wrong person, doesn't have a red box so you know you are hit or both.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Pandora unleashes a powerful virus into the systems of your ship, lowering your attack by 90%...I have gotten this message about the same time every day....this was day six.The affect accompanies the message.....I HAVENT HIT THIS BASE FOR 6 DAYS NOW!!!!...is there any way this can be looked into...others are also getting the same message and affect...its a base trap from hell!

proud member of IC [color=#0040BF][/color]

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:38 am

Welcome to my world...

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:42 am

I'm in the same legion and I'm also getting hit by the effect daily. A few others in the legion are as well.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:44 am

Fear, in my legion some of us get hit by this effect once a day by the same base we disabled a week ago. Broken item in the game.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:51 am

Kevin9809 wrote:
I'm in the same legion and I'm also getting hit by the effect daily. A few others in the legion are as well.

^This.

I've been hit with, uh... posthumous remote intrusions well after a base has been killed before, but never for several days running at the same time of day from the same long-dead base

Last edited by comaface on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:27 pm

The servers are borked in a very interesting way apparently. Either that or they have gained sentience and decided that torturing you and yours is a worthwhile use of their cycles.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Yay! Just got hit by the freakin thing again and so did many legion mates. Can you fix this Dan?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:56 am

And again. Hits all of us at 8:55pm EST every day. I've reported it to Dan. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:59 am

I should note by the way its only showing up after Pulser effect has worn off (i.e. when I click on attack to see how long pulser effect has left, its a no - show).

Wondering if its part of Gloval's issue though as described.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Pandora unleashes a powerful virus into the systems of your ship, lowering your attack by 90%

mystery solved it seems.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Fear,
We are getting hit by the same effect every day at the same time. See my topic here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41319

I reported it to dan who said, "Thanks for the report." That was a couple of days ago. No clue if he's actually working on it or not. I would say the more people that file reports the better.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:02 am

Sorry for the somewhat incomprehensible posting here, I merged the two related topics and posts are in the order they were made. Stickied this for now while we get more data. If anyone else experiences this issue, speak up.

Thank you.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 am

The issue in my legion appears to be resolved. I'm assuming Dan fixed it.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:57 pm

not resolved its still happening today , Jezebel unleashes a powerful virus into the systems of your ship, lowering your attack by 90%

Garthrax Red Dwarf

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 pm

havent seen this one before....

Quote:
12 mins ago
Oops My Bad unleashes a powerful virus into the systems of your ship, lowering your attack by 90%

problem is, when I look up the base I get this messages

Quote:
Your legion does not have an active target lock on this base
and we curently have a difrent base locked

think we killed Oops My Bad 2 days ago, so I'm getting infused by a base I dont even have any active dammage on

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:10 pm

DarkMar wrote:
havent seen this one before....

Quote:
12 mins ago
Oops My Bad unleashes a powerful virus into the systems of your ship, lowering your attack by 90%

problem is, when I look up the base I get this messages

Quote:
Your legion does not have an active target lock on this base
and we curently have a difrent base locked

think we killed Oops My Bad 2 days ago, so I'm getting infused by a base I dont even have any active dammage on

lol im the guy from oops my bad, was doing the remote intrusion until it wouldnt let me anymore, never knew it would cause so much agony

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next