View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 WARNING: Don't Join EOTS 

Unless you find the game fun when you're told exactly what you can and can't do in the game I recommend NEVER joining that pathetic legion. Basically it's a bunch of Leaders who manipulate people to join there legion so they can have control over more than just there 1 ship. It's there way around having multiple accounts to have multiple ships. I've been in a few of the top legions including the old Infinity legions and let me tell you the that legion is a gazillion times better than EOTS. Sure EOTS might be the top ranked legion, but anyone who has total and complete control of every ship in the legion could make a super legion. Trust me what they're doing isn't anything special.

They're going to come here posting that I'm sore about being booted and I was booted, but I was booted because in the end I wouldn't do EXACTLY what they wanted me to do. It's summer here and I come on only once or twice a day, but that's enough to keep up with everything I needed to keep up with. I've played this game now for 2.5 years for no other reason, but to have fun for an hour or 2 each day and for the most part I've enjoyed it, but I'm sorry I'm just not willing to be controlled like the rest of the lackey's they have control of. If they don't like that tough, but than I think everyone considering to join that legion should also know the truth before joining. That being if you want to be part of a strong legion that controls your game than feel free to join, but it's pretty much the exact same thing as selling your soul to the Devil. Personally I think you're better off finding a legion that's active and strong enough that just wants to have fun while getting away from real life a few hours each day, but I guess they'll find some fools who who choose to sell there soul to the Devil too. Just don't say you haven't been WARNED!

*JUST SO YOU EOTS MEMBERS WHO ARE GOING TO RESPOND KNOW I CAN CARE LESS WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AND WILL POST BELOW. I WILL NOT BE RESPONDING OR GETTING INTO A PI$$ING MATCH. MY SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POST WAS TO HOPEFULLY SAVE A FEW OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE THINKING OF JOINING EOTS THE FEW MONTHS OF MISERY BEFORE THEY COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION I CAME TOO AND POSTED ABOVE. MAYBE IF SOMEONE HAD DID THE SAME FOR ME I WOULDN'T HAVE WASTED THE LAST 3-4 MONTHS UNDER CONTROL OF PERHAPS THE WORST LEGION IN THE GAME.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:05 am

LOL :lol:

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:43 am

a story about a fox and some grapes comes to mind.....

It not against the rules for leaders to tell theire members how they should play the game
all legions have rules you need to follow, some just have more then others.
if you can't follow the legion rules, all legions will boot you soner or later.

if you dont like things the way EoTS are doing them, you can always leave and find a new legion to join or make your own with your rules

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am

DarkMar wrote:
all legions have rules you need to follow, some just have more then others.
if you can't follow the legion rules, all legions will boot you soner or later.

Yip... You also have to find a legion that will put up with your sh... personality, or things will just not work out peachy.... Top legions tend to be more competitive, and accordingly have a few more rules... If you want a more relaxed gameplay, then possibly the Top 20 are not where you should be aiming...

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:28 pm

i made visits to eots for trades and vsuch in the past...did not see this to be the case...granted i was not there long term---but seems like something that would come up a lot... i suspect they 'demand'a lot form members and give a lot back....if you want to be an elite ship people will help you, but they are probably warranted in asking for you to pull your weight from the other end.

Virtually all legions ask mid to high level players to do increasingly more. This comes in form of bases, legionm missions, donations to base, etc. Lowbies are normally given a partial or complete pass and simply asked to keep growing and get to a level where they can help over time. Getting nice planet shares, good arti pull from daily base collection, and a cornucopia of alert shares is your reward...plus the thought that SOME people may not jack with you due to the hommies you have at your beckon call...(some may kill you because of your legion!)

So i know nothing of your specifics, but have a feeling you possibly overblew the issue, and perhaps they were short on patience and decided to cut ties. my .02

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:29 pm

I've literally never had a single interaction with this player.
No communication whatsoever other than Thyron maybe reading something I wrote such as a legion announcement.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:48 pm

I would never presume to tell ppl how to play their game. That said, i do encourage players to reach for new heights and also i try to keep them informed as to what they can do as well as helpful strategies. Ultimately the final decision is the player's and whatever they decide to do is fine with me.
Loflaw you can come over to COG if you wish to join a more laid back group .
Cheers !

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:11 pm

In the top legions, the activity and demands are expected to be higher as well they should be. I will use legion missions as the example here as I think it's a good one. Majority of the top legions' focus seem to be on legion missions, I know ours is. As such, as a legion and TEAM, you are moving toward an overall goal, in the case of legion missions, success. Legion mission can be VERY demanding and oftentimes, this has to involve coordination and being asked to do things to steer toward the direction of success. Nothing is more annoying than non-participation, failures, or incompletes as these aren't helping the team as a whole in legion missions. This is especially true I think for people who actually put money into this game, it's frustrating to be held back by anyone. My two cents is, if you aren't able to meet the higher demands of activity in a top legion, just go to a more relaxed legion. Plenty out there, especially in the top 5-10 even. I can say that because I have been to some of them.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:49 pm

I was in EoTS for a while before, and I don't know where you are getting this from. I've never seen, or heard of them telling people exactly how to play, or how to use their ship. They do, however, have a LOT of advice for people who are new to the legion, and understandably so.. They ar #1 and have some of the better ships in the game.

To be honest, you probably did something wrong and were told off for it, or you just got told to do something and were butt hurt about it for some reason.

If you don't like rules, or being told what to do, make your own legion, or join one where they don't care what you do.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:05 pm

The problem Thyron has that on assigned LMs,m leaders told people INCLUDING HIM and others too which task to do.. not to mention he didnt complete it.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 am
Profile WWW

I haven't spent any long time at EotS so I can't speak for how they function, but I know that the world is a give and take place. You can't expect to reside in a top legion and reap all the benefits without giving back. You don't grow your ship at the expense of your legionmates. Individual growth comes second to legion growth, and if your sacrifice would benefit the legion better, than that is what you should do and the price you pay for playing with others that are so willing to give themselves.

The clearer the picture becomes, the more it seems like you are a solo player who wants to hear what the myriad of options are available (made only possible by being in a top legion) and pick what benefits yourself accordingly. This is not what top legions are looking for, and the most likely reason they lost interest in your membership. It further shows your lack of interest if what Roku said was true, and that you didn't even finish your LM task you so defiantly chose.

There is a reason they are number 1. If you're a low rank, listen to their advice. If you are a high rank, play with them, not beside them.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Last edited by TrinityThree on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:15 am

The problem Thyron has that on assigned LMs,m leaders told people INCLUDING HIM and others too which task to do.. not to mention he didnt complete it.

thought it would proberly be something like that...
main reason good legions do this, is to make sure everyone gets as many relic badges as posible

relic badges =

Cognizant Omniforge - Size:1, Artifact:1, Research:1, Mining:1, Also boosts the planet's production of all resources by 5%.

Clandestine Revisions - Amplifies a planet's existing cloak, permanently boosting its cloak by 250.
Usable on planets that already have between 1000 - 5000 passive cloak.

and once you max your Darmos Drone Ascendant
Image - Image

in the long run, cloaking your artifact planets and getting those production %boosts, will help everyone a lot more then just getting a few LM ship modules maxed

but some players dont see things that way, all they want to do is max theire LM ship modules

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:24 am

LOL

I was there 6 months? Never really got in any trouble , did my LMs (which were assigned) Which was understood when i joined. They had/have rules for elites but they are simple- Like no one can hit but the guys that take the spots.

Regular NPCs were lock what you hit and dont steal planets from GP.

Not exactly a grip of rules. In fact, i was surprised it was so loose.

If you cant function in eots, you are the problem.

I left for my own reasons. Visit friends etc but i think id be welcomed back. This is kinda funny, the post that is.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:36 pm

I can't imagine why this was the outcome, lol

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42923

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 am

First of all, please allow me to preface with a few statements;

Empire of the Sun are glad to be rid of a player that actually brought nothing but a 2% cloaking bonus(which was lost due to inactiveness for 10 days) to our planets for 3 months.

I will also state for the record, that i am a reasonable, understanding and generally all around nice guy who won't lose his temper unless you really really piss me off or $%&% something up royally.

I never force people to do legion missions, if they have legitimate reasons why they cannot do a LM.(Energy, EM, Sickness, Family, Vacation).

If a person has a genuine reason, they are always encouraged to contact me, so that i know(don't need details of issue if family, sickness related), and i will make a note of this. We currently have a member who is without a PC, she will be kept in legion because of her sociability in fb chat and her all around willingness to help us in the past, despite the fact that for the foreseeable future, she can't help the legion on a whole all that much.

That said, if you are a member of Empire of the Sun, the very least we expect from our members is Legion Mission participation. This is our major prerequisite for gaining membership(rank plays a part, as well as max energy). You're only the 2nd person ever to be kicked from EotS for non-participation.

----------------------------------------

Now that that's done with, lets take a look shall we, since i was the one that kicked you. :)

Here are the last 11 Legion Missions: LM Name & Participation by you.

What you will see here is that from a sample size of the last 11 LM's, 9 of which were your choice of what task to do & 2 that were assigned, you completed just 2.

----------------------------

Ardyne Sabotage(FFA) - NO - There was a Legion Announcement stating FFA & you were sent a comm 36 hours in to state as such, to whit you ignored as you were at 5 days not logged in).

Cerulean Conclave(FFA) - Inactive - (That's right, you went inactive). No reason for inactivity known.

Tenebris Main Timeline(FFA) - NO - There was a Legion Announcement & you were sent a comm 36 hours in to state as such. You ignored that Comm).

Assault Crimson Deep 6(FFA) - NO - That's right, you couldn't even complete a simple Task like kill 30 NPC's from the Crimson Blades. You were contacted after 36 hours to pick a task, but nope.

Galakis(FFA) - NO - Due to the fact that there is a profession restrictive task, LM was your choice. Contacted after 36 hours, no reply, no LM completed.

Cerulean Conclave(FFA) - Yes - You actually completed this one. Bravo for you.

Roathir: Hostile(FFA) - Yes - Two in a row. Must have been active that week.

Encounter at Nabai(Assigned) - NO - You didn't even check in with an Officer or a Leader to get your task assignment. < Message was in the Legion Announcement for 2 days before i finally sent you a ship comm asking you to do task 1 or task 2, your choice.

Carthyne Symposium(FFA) - NO - LM was FFA & once again you wouldn't even bother to complete a LM that has a simple task like kill 30 ships from the Rogue Science League. Contacted after 2 days and i told him "join and complete task 3, plz).... Nothing.

Vorean Extinction(Assigned) - NO - You didn't even check in with an Officer or a Leader to get your task assignment.

Cerulean Conclave(FFA) - NO - Contacted after 36 hours and asked to join a legion mission of his choosing. Did not do anything.

Darmos(FFA For Him) - NO - Contacted after 48 hours and i asked if he could do Task 1, as Task 2/3 were not an option after 48 hours. It's a PvP task that involves raiding 30 ships, and his response within seconds of me asking him was;

Quote:
2 days, 2 hours ago From: Thyron
do you still want me joining the LM? I dont pvp and only raid on occasions I fall into finding a disabled ship

---------------------------------

The reasons you were summarily kicked from the legion are for the following reasons;

1: General Inactiveness in all facets of the game, unless you count leeching off of other players NPC alerts of course. You didn't show for bases, and when you did you damage was lower than some trainee's/sub-rank 1k's) & not completing the simplest of LM's. Worse still was you lied about doing LM's when you didn't.

2: Blaming a Leader, Son Goku aka ME, for not contacting you to let you know which LM's you were to do. < As shown in the above LM information, i contacted you every single time we had a LM(i do the same for everyone not on a LM) after 36 hours & there are constantly Legion Announcements up in EotS telling people if a LM is FFA or if you need to ask for one. :)

The lying and blaming is right here:

Quote:
2 days, 1 hour ago From: Thyron
Ill dmit some of that has been my fault as I havent been on as much because its summer. However its also because every time Im told to do either a pvp LM

Quote:
or a base lm whichif youre not hereexactly when they go down you miss out

Quote:
Its not like I dont want to do the LMs because I do

Evidently you don't do LM's.... Also, check the LM's i posted that you didn't do. Only 1 was a PvP or Base related Legion Mission. The rest are simple click missions or NPC'ing.

Quote:
It is true, but Im betting just because its written down the Mission Id get doesnt mean I was ever told to do that mission. Those are 2 different things entirely

Again, i contact everyone 36 hours in if they don't yet have a Legion Mission.

Quote:
Seriously whatever. Ill just leave the mission. Its a friggin game I play for fun.

We all play this game for what we deem as "fun". Perhaps what you're after though is a place where you're not held accountable or asked to participate and help your legion?

Quote:
Oh and let me tellya how much fun it is plying a game where someone else is telling you everything you CAN do. So fun

Nobody was ever telling you what you CAN or CAN'T do in regards to everything. It was just me telling you to complete 1 simple aspect of the game every 3 days, most of which only required you to be online for 2-3 hours across 3 days.

I then kicked Thyron from the legion, as i won't deal with someone that doesn't help the legion he is a part of & I will not tolerate someone lying and telling me that i should be personally telling him every LM which task he needs(or can choose in case of FFA's) to do.... Especially since i do that already with everyone who doesn't join a task inside 36 hours.

-----------------------------

I hope the above quenches peoples thirst for knowledge in regards to why Thyron was removed from the legion & i also hope it gives people an insight into what i have to deal with from time to time as a leader. :)

You all have a nice day now.

P.S.
Lofaw wrote:
I've been in a few of the top legions including the old Infinity legions and let me tell you the that legion is a gazillion times better than EOTS.

I spoke to a leader in the Infinity Legions. Guess what he had to say about you;

Quote:
you have a guy who was kicked from loi a while back for being garbage - nice guy , just useless

Quote:
didnt do anything while here

Quote:
never took part in legion missions got him the boot

Stay Classy San Diego... I mean Thyron.

Last edited by kirkeastment on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:52 am

Pretty safe to say you just got rekt.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:42 pm

to mutch sun.....
All you realy needed to say, was incative player, that didnt do his LM tasks and couldnt be bothered to help the legion in any way

Never had the pleasure of beeing a guest in eots, but we usealy have a 80%+ success rate on LM's in GP
so know all to well, how mutch work is needed to organize them for a high chance every time, and how fustrating players that doesnt join even the easy tasks can be......
so you dont need to justify kicking him in anyway... you tryed, he didnt fit in, so bye bye, case closed

the post he made already sayes a lot more about him, then it does about Eots

the only thing we dont belive ;) is
kirkeastment wrote:
I will also state for the record, that i am a reasonable, understanding and generally all around nice guy

when someone slanders Eots in this way, theire is usealy nothing reasonable or understanding about the posts your members make
but, that what we all love about Eots :lol:

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:38 pm

DarkMar wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
I will also state for the record, that i am a reasonable, understanding and generally all around nice guy

when someone slanders Eots in this way, theire is usealy nothing reasonable or understanding about the posts your members make

LOVE is not i'd say most legions feel towards EoTS :p

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:41 pm
Profile WWW

DarkMar wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:

On the main topic, it would be more useful in the long run for legions to be more clear about their expectations of players (particularly regarding LM participation) in their recruitment posts. Legions always try to paint the benefits of being in their legion without really hitting on what is expected of you as a member (other than things like minimum rank requirements, strength, or the like). Rarely do they post things most players find obnoxious (like using base % contributions for distributions all or part of the time). There do seem to be quite a few casual players in the game who only come on once or twice a day and they come to the top legions expecting to be able to continue with the play style they were accustomed to. And then leave (one way or another) unhappy over the legion's expectations that clashed with their personal play style.

In any case, I'd just take this post as a warning that if you're gonna be in a top 5 legion, they're probably gonna press you to take part in almost every LM unless you have some good reason you can't. If that's not your play style (say you're a super slow ranker, a "pure" PVPer who won't "waste" energy or experience on those "things", or just a casual player), try to keep an eye out for a legion that's a better fit for your goals.

On AvatarRoku's comment: It's not love for EOTS itself DarkMar was sharing (I think)....it was love for the entertainment value of the retaliatory posts the members make in these forums in response to any criticism whatsoever. You were elsewhere before. You should admit that reading those forum posts was way more amusing then at least. Personally, I'd have let this whole thread slide with just that previous paragraph as a comment...

Last edited by PurFikshun on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:58 pm

love Eots or love to hate Eots, same difrence, just depends on how you look at it
the forum would be boring without you

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next