View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Next Project 

Webguydan's To-Do List?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am
Use Multiple Artifacts/Rank Points 25%  25%  [ 51 ]
Offensive Action Counter Display 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Legion vs Legion War Mode 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
1 on 1 / Team PvP Arena 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Damage Cap Rebalancing 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Click Reduction 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Homeworlds 26%  26%  [ 53 ]
NPCs 21%  21%  [ 44 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 205

Next Project 

Kinjiru wrote:
I hear a lot of chatter from players about whether or not GL is dying out or not. I'm not here to make a claim either way, but when I see a poll that closed over a year ago and the votes didn't seem to produce any results, I do have to wonder a bit, myself.

I do appreciate that a poll was held and I do hope that it will result in updates that the players are pushing for, which seem to be click reduction of various types and "Homeworlds".

This isn't a poll run by Dan, so it means nothing.

It was just something drummed up by the forum moderators, to bring together the best idea's.

Nobody official ever said anything would be implemented.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:16 am

kirkeastment wrote:
Kinjiru wrote:
I hear a lot of chatter from players about whether or not GL is dying out or not. I'm not here to make a claim either way, but when I see a poll that closed over a year ago and the votes didn't seem to produce any results, I do have to wonder a bit, myself.

I do appreciate that a poll was held and I do hope that it will result in updates that the players are pushing for, which seem to be click reduction of various types and "Homeworlds".

This isn't a poll run by Dan, so it means nothing.

It was just something drummed up by the forum moderators, to bring together the best idea's.

Nobody official ever said anything would be implemented.

to be fair though the one that got the most votes was implemented.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:38 am

KJReed wrote:
to be fair though the one that got the most votes was implemented.

Ummmm, to be fair, no it didn't. :P

We got a new planet for the "5 year" reward, that took ideas from myriad other threads and not just this one, for ideas on how best to go about making the planet better over time, but in no way shape or form were "homeworlds" implemented, because you need to play for 5 years to get one, and there are very very few players that will ever play long enough to get one.

If it were a homeworld, we would all just be given a planet to sink things into.

That sort of justification is like saying Dan also lived up to the votes of the 21 that asked for new NPC's when he introduced the new Seasonal NPC's, when that is not what people wanted when they voted for new NPC's, they wanted something permanent and available en mass, not something restricted.

:)

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:27 am

also if you include click reduction and a use all botton, thay was the biggest request. (and they are the same thing)

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:48 pm

i kind of think homeworlds and npcs fall into the sme general umbrella of more npc content...we have gotten SOME of that with seasons...but agreed that wholesale things have not improved on that front...more permanent rare and fun factions and npcs would be cool.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:23 am

draxsiss wrote:
also if you include click reduction and a use all botton, thay was the biggest request. (and they are the same thing)

Must say, it would really have been nice to see something done in this arena. As I continue to pick up more ranks, face more impressive targets, and increase my income, I almost wonder how the folks 1000 ranks above me can even put up with the game anymore. I spend waaaay too much time in this game as it is...and that last mission chain was terribly abusive (time wise anyway). Rather than help speed things up, those timers on most of the abilities made the clicking even more depressing....

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:00 pm

A big deal is between two extremes. Brand new ranks and the seasoned veterans.

I think it'd be useful to incorporate something more to hook and keep the new fish in. The trainee program was a good start.

However, if a trainee so happens to be plopped into an inactive legion, they're going to think the games beat; that's ignoring the fact they have a very limited amount of energy thus very limited opportunity to scan planets to get any kind of production to yield interest and ship growth. -- Bottom line new ships have no production, no means to obtain it (unless trainer legions provide planets) and if they attempt to play the game they can only play for several minutes at a time before they run out of E.
- No hull + repair timer (5 minutes) - they can not effectively NPC or PvP because they can't repair right away (no arti = no repair nanos)
- Energy - even if they invest all their points into engineers their E is quickly extinguished
- Traps - stop ships in tracks - no null because no arti

The game should enable these fresh ships to quickly get to 100 then start to taper into a slower, more gradual, incline. Not the other way around.

Seasoned Vets:
- Repetitive cycle
- No more challenges or new content beyond a certain rank
- More and more retirees causing less incentive for other vets to stick around (no friends no fun)

GAME NEEDS TO BECOME MORE SOCIAL
WE NEED INCENTIVE FOR THOSE THAT DEDICATE TIME TO THE GAME
--possibly an extension to the daily reward

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:35 pm

Pennsyltucky wrote:
A big deal is between two extremes. Brand new ranks and the seasoned veterans.

I think it'd be useful to incorporate something more to hook and keep the new fish in. The trainee program was a good start.

However, if a trainee so happens to be plopped into an inactive legion, they're going to think the games beat; that's ignoring the fact they have a very limited amount of energy thus very limited opportunity to scan planets to get any kind of production to yield interest and ship growth. -- Bottom line new ships have no production, no means to obtain it (unless trainer legions provide planets) and if they attempt to play the game they can only play for several minutes at a time before they run out of E.
- No hull + repair timer (5 minutes) - they can not effectively NPC or PvP because they can't repair right away (no arti = no repair nanos)
- Energy - even if they invest all their points into engineers their E is quickly extinguished
- Traps - stop ships in tracks - no null because no arti

The game should enable these fresh ships to quickly get to 100 then start to taper into a slower, more gradual, incline. Not the other way around.

Seasoned Vets:
- Repetitive cycle
- No more challenges or new content beyond a certain rank
- More and more retirees causing less incentive for other vets to stick around (no friends no fun)

GAME NEEDS TO BECOME MORE SOCIAL
WE NEED INCENTIVE FOR THOSE THAT DEDICATE TIME TO THE GAME
--possibly an extension to the daily reward

Stuff like clickin ur legionmates ship to buff him up, or trading with friends on the bt
Hell even do the minigame thing for a boost to energy for a day or something

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:31 pm

some Galazy wide events would be cool, Mega npcs that everyone can attack (or randomly spawned npcs with a counter that after the game at large has delt with X of them gain some perment cool perk if done in a fixed time alotment) A Lotto (as a money sink) that pays out in CTP/EM, New race missions that are daily but give different rewards depending on your race at the time (make less popular races get better stuff)

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:12 am

Homeworlds would suck for those of us that have no 40x AP+ Dysons or Rifts.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:44 pm

My vote is for NPC
I like the ones you have to target parts on, I think that it would be an awesome idea to spread across the whole game allowing you to attack bases and pvp players in certain sub systems, (truly disabling them) and perhaps gaining a bonus for doing so.

It's nice to know Dan is continuing to make improvements, as the community seems to keep decreasing

I do think a graphical update would help revitalise the game as there are so many games for GL to compete with, and it's falling behind in what can be done graphically

A high end user poll could be taken for graphical tweaks and use the community for design ideas and image files,
Obviously it would have it as an option mode so those who are concerned about lag can use basic and those not use the graphic mode.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:17 am

PvP
Long term, please work on PvP improvement. PvP is currently one of the weakest features of this game, as it consists almost entirely of hitting ships whose players are offline. Consider the VEGA Conflict PvP as a model for how to do it right. It'll take a lot of programming and a long time to get it right, but a good graphics-based PvP scheme would probably increase the number of players about 10x or more (the game would retain a MUCH higher percentage of new players), so it would be a very good investment.

Homeworlds
I like the idea of Homeworlds, whether simply as a starter bonus -- say, a super-productive invincible planet that can be upgraded almost indefinitely at a cost (maybe add a single 1x resource upgrade per rank or two or four) -- or as a Legion-based bonus planet or something like that.

Christmas Gifting
At Christmas time I like to buy artifacts with GP and give them to a few of my Legion mates who have been particularly helpful during the year. But of course the options of what I can give are extremely limited. Why not open that up at Christmas time? You'd probably have a lot more people buying GP. Or maybe just make it so we can buy gift GP packages for friends.

Planet Invasions
I think occupied planets are currently too easy to invade, unless the owner is high rank and dedicates a lot of size points to defense and population. Maybe make them all a lot tougher (but not more expensive) to invade and make it a Legion effort to invade them, much like it is usually a Legion effort to take down a tough base.

Reducing Clicking
Gods, yes! The longer you play the game the better your Artifact production becomes, and the more artifacts you accumulate, so I imagine this must be an absolute desperate desire for the higher ranked players. I've only been playing for a bit over a year and it's already getting silly when I want to, for example, cash in my Alien Data Discs to get the research to complete a Legion Mission task.

Standard Size for List Item Descriptions
If, like me, you do a lot of swapping of ship modules, it is a real pain to have to readjust the cursor position on nearly every click in order scroll through the list of ship modules. This could be fixed a number of ways: (1) make every list item information space equivalent in height; (2) for ship modules, let the player define different Ship Configuration Profiles which allow them to swap multiple modules in or out by simply selecting the Profile to use; (3) as others have suggested, completely revisit the Ship Decks and Damage Cap relationship such that keeping a ship small isn't so important to PvP.

NPC Battle Tabs
I finally managed to get all eight NPC Battle Tabs (BT) opened up, but I find it is a mixed blessing. Now I have to frequently scroll the BT list to get to the bottom one or two when I have 6-7 Elites or Bosses that I've alerted and are waiting for other Legion members to finish off. Maybe either (1) allow me to select how many NPC versus PvP slots I want to show on my Battle page, or (2) let me invert the current display order such that alerted Elites/Bosses move to the bottom of the list rather than the top.

Thanks!

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:09 pm

ProFusion wrote:
completely revisit the Ship Decks and Damage Cap relationship such that keeping a ship small isn't so important to PvP.

I'll give you the bog-standard "but there has to be a downside to SSB, so let's keep the bad UI!".

/sarcasm

Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm

ActualFate wrote:
ProFusion wrote:
completely revisit the Ship Decks and Damage Cap relationship such that keeping a ship small isn't so important to PvP.

I'll give you the bog-standard "but there has to be a downside to SSB, so let's keep the bad UI!".

/sarcasm
lol no doubt

I don't mind the "smaller ship = more maneuverable and harder target" logic, and am well aware of how painful scan runs can be for smaller ships (the setup time on a slow connection can be torturous), but the defensive bonus is skewed in favor of SSBs to the point of being broken, IMO; it really does need to be rebalanced.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Pongoloid wrote:

I don't mind the "smaller ship = more maneuverable and harder target" logic, and am well aware of how painful scan runs can be for smaller ships (the setup time on a slow connection can be torturous), but the defensive bonus is skewed in favor of SSBs to the point of being broken, IMO; it really does need to be rebalanced.

SSB's have killed the game. They need a TON more penalties to make ANY sense.

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:10 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
Pongoloid wrote:

SSB's have killed the game. They need a TON more penalties to make ANY sense.

I think my huge moon sized ship thats bristling with a hundred guns should have an easier time hitting a smaller compact ship with minimal defenses . in fact, my guns should be hitting them several times at once!! So , what if bigger ships had the capabity to get multiple hits on a single attack to a ship thats much much smaller?

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:28 am

you think about it you get a small war ship to go against the bigger war ship the small warship gets ruined within seconds of the fighting so how is it in this game the smaller ships has 10x the advantage then a bigger ship does when it comes to combat

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:28 am

but instead of killing the small ssb style there should be a penalty of some sort if they wish to be a ssb they should have a penalty attached to there ship to force them to stay as a ssb and have this penalty or go a bit bigger and lose the penalty. the question would be what would be a good penalty for a ssb to have that would not fully kill that style of play.

or make it the bigger ships that are not ssb's get a bonus for having the decks to there ships again something not so crazy that it would be a game breaker.

maybe for the bigger ships they get a bonus to there upkeep being decreased by 25% for being the bigger ship and having the mods installed on there ship and the ssb's getting a 25% increased to there upkeep.

the issue though with this type of an idea is what is considered a ssb in the programming for this to take effect and what not.

there is some stuff as stated though that could be done but there is the counter on how can it be considered as a difference. example anubi rank 6k that what 3k damage cap now what happens if he only had 6k decks on his ship he be considered as a ssb now so would the penalty effect him or would it go the other direction since he would of had those decks before he reached that rank anyways

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:36 am

as a person who has killed plenty of ships ssb and otherwise...and who has argued logically on all fronts of this discussion....my curiousity is piqued as to why this thread is being hijacked into another pointless ssb discussion....

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:08 am

Because this is a thread about what the next project should be.

I think Damage Cap Rebalancing (or simply PVP rebalancing/revamping in general) would reduce frustration and ship build homogeneity, so I'll harp about that any chance I get.

Note: I think it is telling that way back on page 1, back when I obsessed about having minimal decks, I was worried about the Damage Cap being rebalanced -- in other words, "Nooooo don't nerf my advantage, bro!"

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next