View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 +2 AP all the time or +1 AP +1% boost (only 24/40 hours) 

So I've gotten to the point where I can replace a +24 on my rift with items that will make more than +24 in that size 18.

That said, at the bottom of the list of things to add, I have a couple of unrecoverable +2 AP items. I am curious if it is better to use a +1 AP Lepus item that will get boosted by the Bio-Con Controller Unit.

Has anyone run the numbers on this?

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:12 pm

ODragon wrote:
So I've gotten to the point where I can replace a +24 on my rift with items that will make more than +24 in that size 18.

That said, at the bottom of the list of things to add, I have a couple of unrecoverable +2 AP items. I am curious if it is better to use a +1 AP Lepus item that will get boosted by the Bio-Con Controller Unit.

It should be better but the easiest way to deduce this would be to take your Rift and chuck on a +1 at the end and see what it gets you(double it for your +2 structure) then check what 1% gain is with just the +1 structure.

Last edited by kirkeastment on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:27 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
ODragon wrote:

It should be better but the easiest way to deduce this would be to take your Rift and chuck on a +1 at the end and see what it gets you(double it for your +2 structure) then check what 1% gain is with just the +1 structure.

Fair enough. I figured there were a lot of math nerds who probably did it.

Either will be a nice boost, able to go from +0/24/0 to 22/37/27 + 2%, I do have to wait for elios though to get the last ones I need.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:31 pm

ODragon wrote:

Fair enough. I figured there were a lot of math nerds who probably did it.

Either will be a nice boost, able to go from +0/24/0 to 22/37/27 + 2%, I do have to wait for elios though to get the last ones I need.

lol there probably might be some nerds who will come in later to reply, but i'd imagine it's a fairly impossible task unless they can take into account every build possible. :D

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:33 pm

That depends...how many lepus items are you going to place, as each adds 1% when you use bio-con, and what is your total AP?

I currently have 113 AP from structures on my rift.

So, +2 AP is going to be a 1.77% increase (2/113).
If you go with the lepus item, that will be a 0.88% increase 100% of the time (1/113) plus a 1.14% increase for each lepus item somewhere between 0 and 60% of the time.

So, in other words, you are looking at for 1 lepus item a difference of at least about a 0.2% improvement from using the +2 AP building, or at best a 0.49% improvement if you have 2 lepus buildings and go with the bio-con.

Obviously, it'll make a bigger difference the higher your overall AP, as the +2 AP will make less of an improvement and the +% will make more of one.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:37 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
lol there probably might be some nerds who will come in later to reply, but i'd imagine it's a fairly impossible task unless they can take into account every build possible. :D

You don't have to account for every build :)

You just need to know how many lepus buildings there will be and the total AP (assuming you don't care about mining or research gains or losses.)

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
Obviously, it'll make a bigger difference the higher your overall AP, as the +2 AP will make less of an improvement and the +% will make more of one.

AP would go from 136AP + 2% biocon to 149 AP + 4% biocon alternatively just 151AP + 2% biocon.

IE, I have 2 Lepus Drones on the planet, would be adding a Lepus Bio-Mech Hypergate + Lepus Bio-Nest.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:37 pm

If you NPC regularly:

• Extract Omnistream Gateway or other extractable 3:2 structure
  • Replace with a Hatchery and (extractable version of) Lepus Gateway
  • Use Bio-Con Controller Unit's Fabulous Magic Powers
  • Extract Hatchery and Gateway
  • Replace with previously extracted 3:2 structure

If you don't NPC regularly, keep a gateway on and omit the hatchery.

It's been a while since I ran the numbers; iirc, I think you'll make slightly less overall due to the 16 "down hours," but I suspect next year we'll get a reduced cooldown or increased length of effect, so it's what I got in the habit of doing (since I don't have enough extractors to maintain the "ideal" practice listed above).

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]