View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 fabulous GL weekend ! 

1. raix megaweapon maxed .. already 2 megablasts
2. started hunting titnaproxy ships (was waiting on megaweapon)
3. maxed temporal containment shell ... and to celebrate ...
4. Red Badges: 5001 at rank 1490

i'm pretty sure that #4 is the highest anyone has achieved on the red badge front ;)

was tempted to blitz thru the final mission of the uldrinan chain as well for the medal .. but since i don't plan on switching to the uldrinan race until the end of october .. i will just do 1 round with each rankup.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:42 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm...but I have more reds than that (by over 1400), but 3200 or so fewer kills (and I've done absolutely everything I know that uses reds except try to burn them to earn CTP). And I thought I scanned a lot of bases....LOL. Congrats on the weekend!

Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:29 pm

would guess a lot of the red collection is not scanning as much as others...mmmmm

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:33 am

juiceman wrote:
would guess a lot of the red collection is not scanning as much as others...mmmmm

Actually, senator has been one of the main scanners recently.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:36 am

recently.....

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:50 am

juiceman wrote:
recently.....

recently my a**.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41302&start=20

and that was july 2014 when i scanned the vast majority of bases 3x per day at AU.

if i am not the top burner of red badges for locking bases in the entire game, i am at least in the top 5.

_____________Image

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:15 am
Profile WWW

pointless to debate since none of it can be proved ....i have about 329 reds on hand now, thats with maxing all blasters in best order ...guess where the rest of my reds went? go on...

According to slipshod thats where all his go. I suspect there are several others in the "big" scan club.

But hey, kudos!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:58 am

PurFikshun wrote:
Hmm...but I have more reds than that (by over 1400), but 3200 or so fewer kills (and I've done absolutely everything I know that uses reds except try to burn them to earn CTP). And I thought I scanned a lot of bases....LOL. Congrats on the weekend!

oooh .. now i have a new target ... 6500 reds to catch up to where PurF is now lol.

and Juice, sadly is just full of it (as is happening more often these days - cranky old man syndrome ??). the numbers just don't line up for his aspersion that i am not a big base locker despite my stockpile of reds (the WHOLE POINT of the stockpile is to be able to continue to scan for bases after i run low on bt targets).

from the leaderboards: Galaxy Top Players - Kills

Code:
1. Ignatnic     r1374    21975
2. Senatorhung    r1500     16918
3. Topper Harley   r5536    15204
4. Purfikshun   r1808    13637
5. Shawn1981    r1678    12596
6. Keithor      r1574    12351
7. Slipshod    r1471    12155   
8. F U N K     r2685     11260
9. UnRepentant   r2452    10764
10. CapitainePaul   r2166    10716   
17. Koolaid OO YEAH    r1997   9651   

so i have 7267 kills on you Koolaid .. so after subtracting the 500 reds i will need to max out darmos .. that still leaves 7267-5041-500 = a MINIMUM of 1726 reds burnt by me more than you (assumed kills outside of badge range cancelled out).

Slipshod could definitely be among the top 5 base scanners, but most of the rest in the top10 killers over rank 2k would not. heck, Topper has built his whole legion model out of having others scan for bases and turned his lemons into lemonade.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:49 am
Profile WWW

Interesting take. Guess all kills = reds? (ponder ponder) Much like all raids are yellows and all hacks are blues?

Also, funny thing--i was in PA for a year and topper most certainly did not scan even close to a lions share of the bases. Most of ours were shares, random people scanning, etc. Topper did his share, but things weren't 'built' on his magnanimous and ultra frequent provision of bases to chew. I would go with you on his CHEWIng power itself --thats a given.

Third, and probably as funny as anything else. I heard from a source you left PA after refusing to scan for more than a soft 6. Saving those precious reds to show off? (or just kind of a airbag?) Guess with 5000 you don't want to 'waste' them and go for bigger bases fo the 'team'.

Spin away bro.

Curious what items i'm wrong on more and more often too :) Talk about cranky old guy. LEt the OCD calm down, its ok. Your need to prove yourself is better served in real life than virtual space where you'll never know if we're trolling you or pointing out things a myopic viewpoint can't "see".

Cheers!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Remember that badges came out 1 year after the game started so some of the older players amount of badges do not equal that of stats.

And many, MANY people on that board kill lots of people outside of their badge range for the stat.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:25 pm

juiceman wrote:
Interesting take. Guess all kills = reds? (ponder ponder) Much like all raids are yellows and all hacks are blues?

Third, and probably as funny as anything else. I heard from a source you left PA after refusing to scan for more than a soft 6. Saving those precious reds to show off? (or just kind of a airbag?) Guess with 5000 you don't want to 'waste' them and go for bigger bases fo the 'team'.

no, i didn't say that all my kills were red .. just that between the 2 of us, we likely have the same amount of non.badge kills, so i zeroed them from the calculations. sorry if that wasn't clear. and i would agree with ODragon that some of the killers on the kills leaderboard have quite a few non.badge kills, but i have no idea how 'many'. personally, i am not one of them, and over 95% (to be ultra.conservative) of my kills qualified for reds.

and your source at PA is mistaken. i refused to burn reds to scan for a SPECIFIC base due to one of the leaders' pet vendettas. i scanned plenty of bases for PA (that's the whole reason that i was made an officer in the first friggin place). if it were not for that specific leader's shenanigans, i would still be a member there.

Topper's success was building up a legion through recruiting members with a strong PvP orientation that generated a lot of reds in the membership, meaning that he did not have to worry about scanning for bases anymore, while allowing the members to lock any base without worrying about toughness thanks to Topper's firepower. from my experience, PA has the most PvP alerts of any legion, which besides generating reds, means PvP LM tasks get finished very quickly.

_____________Image

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:15 pm
Profile WWW

so why'd you leave PA?

I think senator may need to "ask PA"

I call poopy head poop head....

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:24 am

juiceman wrote:
so why'd you leave PA?

I think senator may need to "ask PA"

I call poopy head poop head....

i had already been planning an exit due to the return of a particular leader who had not been in the legion when i joined. that particular leader demoted me for not going along with his base.locking vendetta. if you want to burn your own reds to hunt for a specific base, go ahead, but don't require others to do your dirty work for you.

having had previous experience with particular leaders making bad decisions, i decided to leave immediately to join the next top10 legion that i had on my visit list. i advised topper that i would be happy to return to PA if that particular leader ever left permanently. i would recommend PA to any player wanted to experience a full-fledged open PvP environment, despite the anti-SSB leanings of many of their higher-ranked members.

but to paraphrase cipher from the matrix, if you see a bad leader making a bozo decision, do what smart people do .. run ! sadly, bozo decisions tend to reproduce much faster than smart ones.

_____________Image

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 am
Profile WWW

I have 10595 reds

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:19 am

*sigh*

Sometimes *we* like to lock big bases and yes, we asked Senator to scan and he did not want to. And, let's clear this up. If i do not have the reds, and we are looking for a bigger base or a target, we offer compensation (oddly not mentioned) So the eventual scanner DID get a VM 15X Arti planet ( although it may have been Smaller) . Not bad for a few reds. Something Negron did back when i was newer.3 or 4 times i was the benefactor of such compensation.

We had ninja banged a few (3-4) 8s or 9s that he missed out on. Which he voiced displeasure about.

There were a few conflicts where the Senator made comments or snarky remarks. Being the kinda guy i am, i called him out on it.
Where, in a officer chat (that he was not in for various reasons) it was fairly unanimous that it was about time somebody called him out. ( although i did reach out and apologize in private PM, offered an olive branch etc )
There was no mourning , no concern or care when he left. As far as i am concerned, bad fit.

Being more vocal and less passive, i spoke up. I hope he enjoys his new legion and i went out on a few trades and chores visited some legions but other than a stint in EOTS, PA has pretty much been my *home* since i started playing.

The * Anti SSB * rhetoric is one i learned from early on ( in PA ) and i am not the only one who does not care for the lil slow ranking fellas but, to each his own.

I am kind of glad/relieved Senator does not like me as we are different people. And, i will not leave until Topper boots me so...
If you want to insult me , do it. But do not be passive aggressive.

3 sides to every story. As far as i am concerned, just a bad fit.

Take care and Muchos Bueno Luck!

Bub bye.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Quote:

Spin away bro.

....and that is what a home run looks like folks. Take a jog around the bases, Kool Aid, because that is exactly what happened.

Senator did a lot of little things at PA and for most of his stay I was one of his biggest supporters. His academic approach to game play, frequent planet alerts for lower ranked players, and generally encouraging attitude represented an asset and I am the one who promoted him to officer. I was also one of his biggest defenders but as time went on the self serving nature of his game play became too much to ignore. From refusing to hit all but hand picked NPC's, doing only enough base damage to ensure a decent placement despite bragging about his energy bar, to refusing to assist us in scanning despite a stockpile of reds.... you lose the respect and support of any decent legion as time goes on. As FUNK said, it wasn't a good fit. While there are a lot of things about Senator that I do like, at the end of the day I'm gonna call a spade a spade.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:17 pm

lol, guess my attempt at being diplomatic failed miserably. i was trying not to tar an entire legion on the basis of the actions of a single leader. ah well, since FUNK outed himself, i'll state up front that FUNK is the reason that i left PA.

as for passive aggressive, FUNK was the one who swore at me on legion comm, then tried to send an apology via facebook pm instead of using the legion comm where others could see (o.comm is also not the same as legion comm). i have zero problem with being vocal and less passive, but when someone takes an in.game disagreement and makes a personal insult, that's where i draw the line. for public insults, a public apology is the response that i expect. when no one else called him on his crap, that's when i started looking for the exit. for health reasons, i don't hang around toxic people.

i'm glad that Arc thought that i made a few worthwhile contributions. regarding NPCs, i made it clear that i was happy to use my energy bar to clear swarms for clusters, but that i would be treating them as post-rank 2200 content (a perfectly valid academic approach ?). i tried to do extra damage to the DCNs and grids to compensate, but apparently that wasn't sufficient for the naysayers.

as for bases, i scanned plenty of bases during my 3 months at PA, including 'big' bases. i did as much damage on bases as my 105k fully buffed attack would allow, on all the bases that i was able to get on. yes, i expressed dissatisfaction at the frequency of bases getting ninja'd with only 6 or 7 members getting drops out of 60, but it wasn't a dealbreaker for me. i chose not to respond to a request for a scan for a specific base as selected by FUNK (mr. toxic himself). for that non.response, i was demoted by FUNK, so that was my impetus to leave. if any 'reward' had been offered, it was after i exited the legion.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:58 pm
Profile WWW

Selective memory.
I made both a public and private apology.

You spewed enough on comms etc , i do not care who knows why you left and truthfully, not many here seemed to mind/care
Thats the best part! No one cares you moved on.

Maybe you will stick in the new legion. Hope you find a true home. 8D

Last edited by Redneck_King_of_Funk on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Quote:
Maybe you will stick in the new legion. Hope you find a true home

+1

Also, your original post had nothing to do with your time at Project Anarchy and I think the conversation outta return to that.

Congrats on your recent game accomplishments and in acquiring the Raix Pew Pew... it sure comes in handy. Cheers

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:17 pm

ODragon wrote:
Remember that badges came out 1 year after the game started so some of the older players amount of badges do not equal that of stats.

And many, MANY people on that board kill lots of people outside of their badge range for the stat.

Eye roll double yawn 1-800-whaaaaaaa

I dont disable for the stat, i disable because its fun. Period. I built my ship to blow stuff up in a fantasy space game because i cant build a space ship for real and i cant disable people walking down the street for kicks. Games are an escape from reality and fun.

THIS game happens to have commands like ATTACK, INVADE, HACK and RAID which by definition are aggressive moves. There are no rules that stop this. ALSO, if a ship has gotten on your feed performing an aggressive maneuver, OR hit one of my legion mates ya get hit back! Just like it would in war situation. A bigger tank doesnt skip a jeep with a mounted gun because its smaller? No it blows everything up.

You guys can sit in an ivory tower and tell everyone whats right and wrong. Personally, i will play my game how i see fit and MOST of my kills are battle tab but i am ranking darmos so they are needed.

The real problem in this game is the passiveness that seems to be expected. I wont play my game that way. Do anything YOU want with yours.

The only goal i ever had was to get in the top 50 kills and i did. Short of that, i try and kill everything i can. Exotica guards, Planets, NPCS, ships big and small.

So, yeah, im in top 10. Sorry i killed stuff in a War Game! My Bad :) LOL

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next