View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 EotS is out. 

It's been fun being the best ever.

Super short version, EotS is out.

Short version, we are tired of being better than everyone else and we lose sleep at night thinking about how awful every other legion is so for the sake of our 10 hours of healthy sleep, we are closing shop.

Long version.
God I've been playing this game too long. Tree is and always will be #1 and I think enough time has past that everyone else truly understands that by now or refuses to stop living in the land of denial.

EotS was the last hurrah for many ships so we burned through high rank ships at a super fast rate. Rank 1500 joins, rank 2000 quits, rank 1500 joins, rank 2400 gets banned, you know how it goes. Now many of us have just grown away from the game due to turning points in our lives, graduating college and having kids are death sentences to many GL ships for all the right reasons.

Accomplishments.
- 1st level 10 base, gracias oh squishy one
- perfected the ~9 bases a day system, enough silver badges to blow our base stats way past any legion out there despite them being years older than us. Seriously, why didn't anyone ever think to do that before EotS? Cause ya stupid, that's why.
- perfected multi killing everything all day every day. For you newer folk, multi kill as in 1 base/ship/NPC elite that is simultaneously killed by a few ships causing the game to give you rewards several times for the exact same base/ship/NPC
- 4 - 8x disables on DCN
- 3 - 5x disables on bases
- 2 - 6x disables on enemy ships
- angering enough people that the bakers dozen coalition was created to try and teach us a lesson, something like 13 of the top 20 legions tried to beat us, hahahahahahaha, what a bunch of no talent clowns.
- 1st legion to make someone cry using just our legion description, Dan sat us down for a talk asking us to stop......
- tore apart the long standing Triumvirate from the inside :P Viva la fluffy bunny
- 1st top legion to actually call it quits instead of drifting slowly into nothingness while pretending to be super active

I'll always appreciate this game for it has put me into contact with such an unimaginable range of people. From amazing people who just wow you with generosity and kindness to people who you just disgust you with how mean and petty they can be for no reason.
Some of the more memorable people:
- Super mom with a billion kids who plays GL while waiting for the babies to settle down for the night
- Psychologist who stops you mid conversation to confirm a suspicion that you are talking about an only child dealing with an alcoholic parent who also dreams of one day raising a few hundred sheep
- Hilariously generous Canadian who spends his day stealing adult videos from adult sites to put onto his own adult site
- Space fanatic who constantly talks about science related things that advance the human race towards the goal of space colonization
- anyone from New Zealand, seriously these Kiwis are some of the laziest laid back folks ever
- the guy who got the babysitter pregnant that was married to his 2nd wife who was the babysitter from his first marriage who he had also gotten pregnant.
- the kid from Michigan who was in a cult and was just super cool about how it wasn't a big deal
- lets just skip over the awful people.....

I think the one thing I will miss the most and if you don't do this then I just feel sorry for you.
Talking to people from around the world. Just awesome.
Having a nice conversation, telling a story, then whoa whoa whoa, do you guys have this store in Australia?
What do you call the metal cage on wheels that you roll around putting your groceries in?
Shut up about poutine...
What's wrong with the fact we pronounce Kansas and Arkansas in different manners that would make sense to you?
Are we really going to talk about the difference between Fall and Autumn again?!?!

Tree is #1

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:35 pm

and trees head explodes, talk about blowing your own trumpet

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Damn....

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Tree7304 wrote:

- perfected multi killing everything all day every day. For you newer folk, multi kill as in 1 base/ship/NPC elite that is simultaneously killed by a few ships causing the game to give you rewards several times for the exact same base/ship/NPC
- 4 - 8x disables on DCN

Tree is #1

Those look like SEVERE bug abuses to me. (I had heard of those before actually but never saw or heard confimation of them)

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:35 pm

Image perhaps an early exit seems your def is a little rusty the speed it went down 7hrs 20m waiting around is terrible we did expect more

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
Tree7304 wrote:

- 4 - 8x disables on DCN

Tree is #1

Those look like SEVERE bug abuses to me. (I had heard of those before actually but never saw or heard confimation of them)

They are bug abuses, and where I'm from that's called cheating. But I guess that's what EotS is best known for. Their willingness to bend or break the rules to their own benefit. Because, remember kids, it's not illegal if you don't get caught.
Good riddance to bad people if you ask me.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:50 pm

All the best. We never really met but being a kiwi, I like. Stay chilled ☺

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
Talking to people from around the world. Just awesome.
Having a nice conversation, telling a story, then whoa whoa whoa, do you guys have this store in Australia?
What do you call the metal cage on wheels that you roll around putting your groceries in?
Shut up about poutine...
What's wrong with the fact we pronounce Kansas and Arkansas in different manners that would make sense to you?
Are we really going to talk about the difference between Fall and Autumn again?!?!

He's right about this about being the best part of the game. See ya Tree.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:21 am

Guess this is the final trolling?

After cheating, being deuchebags, having many people banned, and generally being puds...poor leadership and ostricizing tons of good players...the legion who was crumbling sadly had called it a day as their few remaining good players jumped ship before it sank totally...

But hey, if saying "we're calling it quits" makes you feel fuzzy go for it.

Now the decent and non-collectors from your decayed and outdated crew can join real legions of real people and play again for fun.

Cheers!

ps- you did finally hit rank 2200 after only a year or more of being an absentee 'leader' (i cough heavily at that title)

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:26 am

Kansas and Arkansas never made ANY sense.

You know it.

Take care Colin. It was fun.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:03 am

Can-Sass ...... Are Can-Sass ..... simple to us Canadians.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:48 am

Sereomontis wrote:
They are bug abuses, and where I'm from that's called cheating. But I guess that's what EotS is best known for. Their willingness to bend or break the rules to their own benefit. Because, remember kids, it's not illegal if you don't get caught.

You know, that was years ago, and the bug was eventually fixed as a result. Dan didn't take any action on them at the time, mainly because it could happen without anyone even trying. You're just beating a dead horse now.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 pm

what really counts tree is after all the bad mouthing when i started Blues Bros is we are still here and you aren't.....makes you go hmmmmm

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:34 am

galaxis wrote:
after all the bad mouthing

> Proceeds to bad mouth after implying it's a #*&$ thing to do.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:56 am

ActualFate wrote:
galaxis wrote:
after all the bad mouthing

> Proceeds to bad mouth after implying it's a #*&$ thing to do.

:) We are best friends now.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:22 pm

It seems a lot as if eots is on fire, everyone has left for other legions and tree is there going 'EVERYTHING IS FINE, THIS IS ALL INTENTIONAL, THIS IS IN NO WAY A FAILURE OF MY LEADERSHIP!' ;)

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:10 am

Well.. Umm .. Ahhh ... Mew...

This is not news to me.. I knew this was coming.. (wish i had more time to play)

Overall EOTS was a fun legion for me to play and grow .. made lot of friends at the very long time i was there with them..

Wish you guys all the best..

Cheers

PS..

I like the legion that im in right now .. just think We have Topper, Pac Man, Funky and my self for any legions that are brave out there..

Can you picture the fun Tree :P

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:24 pm

Anybody else find the timing strangely coincidental? The self proclaimed #1 GL player of all time is closing shop just as the self proclaimed #1 builder of all time kicks his presidential campaign into gear? :o Just sayin'

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Everyone quit to go play Pokemon Go :P

Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:53 pm

ActualFate wrote:
Sereomontis wrote:

You know, that was years ago, and the bug was eventually fixed as a result. Dan didn't take any action on them at the time, mainly because it could happen without anyone even trying. You're just beating a dead horse now.

Were they fixed? That's news to me. I tend to PVP a bit and just within the last few months one of the people I red badged reported that someone else from an entirely different legion coincidentally red badged at the very same moment. Can't attest to the accuracy of the report since I wasn't on the receiving end, but if it's true then the bug that got one of the old EOTS powers banned probably still exists. And, if that exists, my presumption is that the game probably still has either all of or most of the other overflow types of bugs that have been reported by various players in the past. It's impossible to know since most of the serious players wouldn't even try to test this stuff themselves and I'm pretty sure that even if anyone actually had, they wouldn't report whether or not they still worked for fear of being banned just for having tried the cheat.

And, Tree, did you really mean to say "Tree is and always will be #1" or did you mean that "Tree" to be "EOTS"?

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next