View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 war! 

Get out the popcorn folks Blues Bros. and apollos arrow are at war :D

Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:41 am

your really gonna start a war with a legion as weak as AA .... can you even call hammering a weak legion a war,

Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:59 am

pop corn and drink ready and feet up........................

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:26 am

What's the war over?

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:38 am

Ghostclaw wrote:
What's the war over?

This is about the only interesting part, if you ask me. Wars are eh and meh now. There's no real "loss" from them. All just bragging rights.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:41 am

was there as a guest making a proposal to combine our actives who are big enough to do lms and place our active smaller ships in the other legion to grow.......next thing i know i get booted out of their legion and accused of trying to break up their legion from the inside? what? legions have been doing swaps of players like this forever...one of there hot head officers didn't want to hear my proposal i guess. In 6 yrs of game i have never been booted from a legion so i'm a little peeved plus this is a good way to train the lower ranks to pvp hehe

Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:00 pm

galaxis wrote:
was there as a guest making a proposal to combine our actives who are big enough to do lms and place our active smaller ships in the other legion to grow.......next thing i know i get booted out of their legion and accused of trying to break up their legion from the inside? what? legions have been doing swaps of players like this forever...one of there hot head officers didn't want to hear my proposal i guess. In 6 yrs of game i have never been booted from a legion so i'm a little peeved plus this is a good way to train the lower ranks to pvp hehe

Except for the fact that no legions exchange players like that then yeah 100% true lol....

Usually player swaps or mergers are done via leader only discussions and what your proposal was actually kills most smaller player legions. It's a tactic EotS was accused of early on so it's funny to hear someone do the same and there be no bashing of your legion over it.....

Nobody just drops into a legion to recruit players and thinks they're actually doing that legion a favour, they're purely looking out for their own legion by trying to recruit more active players.

If you were in a legion of mine as a guest and you tried to steal my members, then yeah I'd kick you too unless there were already agreed upon talks happening of course, in which case, no harm no foul, we all know the deal. :)

To your last part, sadly it doesn't teach lower ranks to PvP. What it does really is stat pad the pathetic high ranks in a legion that go after the low ranks whom get alerted. So the shitty players in a legion, whom might be 500 ranks higher than the alerted players use it as a way to seem like badasses, when they're really just sucky players.

This war was over as soon as it began too, since the strength difference between your two legions is like 20k.... and we're not talking 20k between two legions at 10 mil & the other at 9,980,000 strength..... we're talking a legion at 35k and another at 15k.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:10 pm

you are wrong kirk back when GL was young and wars were common I was a low rank who learned how to defend myself during said wars and have been in mid level legions who have combined ranks to grow stronger together with legion that has weaker base forming a training legion....sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. Love how you preach from your experience always being in a top 5 legion btw. also we are having a blast jousting verbally, zeroing,stealing planets......isn't that what this game is suppose to be about? having fun? Go ahead and sit in your ivory tower and look down your nose at those who choose not to live in the top legions cus me and my friends are having a blast! :D

Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:40 pm

galaxis well your ship being 6 years old and you claiming you learnt due to wars i will have to say i do not think so ships still really low in rank compare to us 5 year old ships lol

ship not even half the power as us 5 year old ships lol :P

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:49 pm

all wars have pretty much always been about bragging rights...so if they like it and its fun..i say kudos..

Much like planet theft, bt badging, etc. there is always an imbalance of strength--thats not surprising nor should it be unexpected.

Do smaller/weaker ships suck the war more than others...for sure...it takes them more resources to kill the bigger ships and they in turn die a lot more. The concept though it to harass, annoy and win thru attrition. There have been a few notable players over time , who while being smaller and less powerful, have done that part very successfully. Also with the use of artis like krio torpedo, chaostatic, cm, and emp...most any ship is dog food if offline. There are still ships playing today who are online seemingly 24-7 to collect and protect themselves. These are your war winners. Sure you can kill them repeatedly. But how embarrassing they hack you 60x and crit while you manage to get no reds and maybe 2 kills a day off them. Multiple over time.

So war is a facet, like npcing, like scanning, like lm, like everything else. I wouldn't nay say any war- i say cheers.

Any conflict or contrast is what keeps the game going--such as it has become. You could make an argument that LESS war is killing the game. PA, one of the known pvp legions is now top 5 and they steadily smack dat asss. Other legions, with mainly collectors and non badging ships drift into oblivion.

Can't say how many posts there have been over no bt targets and halcs ahoy. A war is good for all of us, more people out there to whomp.

On a personal note--go Blues!!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:13 pm

galaxis wrote:
you are wrong kirk back when GL was young and wars were common I was a low rank who learned how to defend myself during said wars and have been in mid level legions who have combined ranks to grow stronger together with legion that has weaker base forming a training legion....sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. Love how you preach from your experience always being in a top 5 legion btw. also we are having a blast jousting verbally, zeroing,stealing planets......isn't that what this game is suppose to be about? having fun? Go ahead and sit in your ivory tower and look down your nose at those who choose not to live in the top legions cus me and my friends are having a blast! :D

lol always being in a top 5 legion?

hmmm guess you know nothing about where i started or where i went too, or how i got there.... good for you though :)

i've played this game for fun, for 5 years, nowhere near your 6 years ofc ;) and in that time whilst i was having fun i achieved things that were actually of note

surprised that you decided to come off as salty and personal with your thoughts on me(ivory tower.... looking down my nose(where did you get that from from my post lol), since i don't even know you i couldn't even begin to throw shade or salt on you, but at least i know the type of person you are now though. :D

I guess i'll end on saying just how great it must be for you, getting to play a game for 6 years and have fun but ultimately be known as the 6 year player that's never accomplished anything noteworthy in that time :roll:

Don't worry though, you're not alone.... according to the latest stats on Prismatic Planet numbers, there are around 300 other players just like you that sit around all day ultimately achieving nothing in this game. :twisted:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Wooooo action finally. Oh Kirk change your sig.... EOTS out is a current post.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:42 am

sorry kirk but when someone who knows nothing about me or my legions business gets judgemental it torks me off a bit so if i misjudged you i apologize......but can you see where i may think your judging me from your first post? Also as for what i have accomplished in this game isn't everyone allowed to have different goals? Do we all have to strive to become some huge strong ship? I play this game mostly for the social activity and to meet new people yet whenever i post something on the forum i get negative feedback from folks in top 5 legions about either my ship my legion or my activities.......in the end i never asked for anyones opinion and maybe this is old fashioned but my mom raised me with the old rule if you can't say anything nice try not to say anything at all.....fly safe and hope you keep playing your game your way :)

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:45 am

As someone who was part of the cove group, a leader in the most junior of legions, raiders of the cove, I can say, honestly, I can completely understand and agree with Apollos arrow slamming the door in your face on this. What your suggesting is the creation of a senior legion with all of the strong players and a host legion from which to feed any promising talent once they become strong enough.

If you look at the legion groups that survive and thrive, the imminents, the subspaces, my own chesterton royal alliance, you see legions with good crossections of rank, strength and playstyle. Not legions setup for the purpose of having players from rank 1 - 500 then moved on to a legion from rank 501-1000. And yes, you do have a legion with a much higher average rank and strength than the rest, but the difference is the others can stand even without the alliance. Your suggestion that all the high ranks become blues brothers and all the low ranks and less actives go to Apollos arrow would kill Apollos arrow. You cant have a functioning mega alliance with a legion for each quartile of ranks, only a group of regular legions agreeing to help each other out because they have shared aims.

Having a good natured war between two legions is all fine and dandy, even for no real reason. But you dont have a good casus belli for a true fight just because AA shunned your request to vassalize their legion, something that would only ever benefit blues brothers.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:07 am

I prefer my freedom while playing this game. I would not standby letting someone to control how I play. Your suggestion was not helping on this said legion by moving higher ranks into your legion for LM and moving small ranks to AA with nothing but scraps. Is that helpful, no. You just want more allies to stand by your side and cover your butt.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:06 am

Apollos Arrow didn't started the war, but we will finish it.
We have lot of active players low ranks high ranks. Most of them are slow rankers. We don't leave anyone behind. First Galaxis said that came just to talk with one of our leaders , then he made his offer and was asked to leave. I waited 1 min ... 2 min ... 3 min... all the time I gave the leadership info about our talk. We always open. Only then he was kicked by one of our leader.
yes Galaxis I know this is a war game as you bragged...

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:31 pm

hmmmm 3 mins? more like 30 secs, within 3 secs of me replying to you "ok nothing left to discuss leeram" i was booted before i could leave on my own that was uncalled for. also for all you on the sidelines who may think terrible of me whats different from what idid compared to all the ship comm poaching you all do trying to pull BB members away? wow lots of pots out there calling this old kettle black

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:19 pm

galaxis wrote:
hmmmm 3 mins? more like 30 secs, within 3 secs of me replying to you "ok nothing left to discuss leeram" i was booted before i could leave on my own that was uncalled for. also for all you on the sidelines who may think terrible of me whats different from what idid compared to all the ship comm poaching you all do trying to pull BB members away? wow lots of pots out there calling this old kettle black

plus 1 ;)

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:03 am

wow i don't have the strongest ship for my rank by a long shot but when AA folks are using 30-50 emps and 20-30 disbombs and still taking 5 to 7 mins to disable me while i'm off.....i think that says alot about their ships .......so who is crushing us? :twisted:

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:30 am

moo

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:08 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next