View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Most useful GP ally? 

I'm wondering that which GP ally is best in the long run? I think thracci because of its gifts, but the invasion bonus from the bane or the bio-con aspect ability would be better? What do you guys think?

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:56 am

ice-Wizzy wrote:
I'm wondering that which GP ally is best in the long run? I think thracci because of its gifts, but the invasion bonus from the bane or the bio-con aspect ability would be better? What do you guys think?

I would also pick thraccti. I also like Ravyn but ONLY for the mission chain. She isn't very impressive otherwise.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:06 am

Thraccti is probably the best long term.

As mentioned, Ravyn brings a nice chain which is probably better, but that's not from the ally herself.

Bunny is okay, but an extra base crate every couple of days isn't nearly as strong as the planet upgrades which are much less likely to turn into duds.

Spook's invasion bonus is nice but generally speaking, I rarely need that boost.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:29 pm

kriell.....so many things to double down on....dailies..seasonals....hard to beat

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:01 pm

juiceman wrote:
kriell.....so many things to double down on....dailies..seasonals....hard to beat

nah. only ones i will double down on will be perimeter stations and hyperluminals.

but kriell isn't a GP ally so isn't on.topic ;)

here's my ranking of the value of all the 13 allies available to date:

GP:
1. Thraccti +14% raid, tribute artis up to 4x on planets (with 2 upgrades)
2. Cuniculus +5% defense, double base raid every 20 hours (with 2 upgrades)
3. Apparitious +15% invasion attack (10% base plus 5% upgrade)
4. Ravyn +6% cloak, clandestine plot for an additional %cloak (up to +15%)

for me, Thraccti is hands down the best GP ally. all of my VM or bigger planets are all at least 4x arti and the mining and research tributes allow me to even out planets before terraforming without needing as many mylarai race changes. once i run out of arti production planets to use the arti tributes, they will be assigned to boost a few toxics with nice artis and effects for eventual irradiation.

Cuniculus is 2d, but about 2 lengths behind. the 2 upgrades definitely helped move it ahead of Apparitious as i can now get 4 base crates per day on regular 8.hour bases. and with my full set of raiding bonuses, i get 100% base raids down to 16th damage rank (17th with the nerve gas). a double set of enumeration crystals still gets me excited.

Apparitious was in 2d before the Cuniculus upgrades came in. but the invasion boost becomes less of a factor as my base attack starts to balloon from tac officers from arti production. still worthwhile just to get better odds on the premium defended planets.

Ravyn brings up the rear on the GP side of things. cloak is useful for hacking or hiding, but since i can't hide, that leaves only hacking for me. i rarely use the cloak boosting ability ... only when i go on an extended hacking run.

Non-GP:
1. The Oruas Eye +5% shield, Far Sight visions and corruption market
2. Vortov Mercenary call ability for bralkir NPCs - shrines and altars every 40 hours
3. Bainar +15% hack, bainar access node planetary structures every 40 hours
4. Solynia +2% arti
5. Trovar Zane +5% cloak, +5% scan ability for 1 hour

Oruas is a MONSTER. visions of adventure are obviously awesome for anyone interested in relic badges. the other visions are okay, but the eventual opening of the corruption market makes this an essential ally to focus on once you get to the point where you're not worried about cargo space.

Vortov comes in as the runner up with its ability to bring in unique NPCs, but only once you have the raix megaweapon. without the megaweapon, i would drop its rank down below Darmos, since all the xp you burn dropping the bralkir NPCs is xp that you are not expending on finding more t.o. troop carriers before rank 2200. but the shrines that give 3% arti production are awesome drops.

Bainar gives ongoing 1:1 structures at a minimum, but you will eventually run out of planets to place new structures. however, once you get to that point, you will be trying to improve the structures on your best planets to the prime versions. getting a-node primes on all of your 20x planets is a tantalizing prospect.

Solynia is the poor man's excavator, but any %arti across the board can never be a bad thing.

Trovar Zane's ability is AWESOME for scan runs and also for minimizing crit.hack fails during hacking runs. i also sometimes use its ability when shuffling up my scan to find a different set of PvP targets on my battle tab.

Non-GP (continued):
6. Darmos ring of ascendance planetary structures +3% arti
7. Kriell +5% PvP attack, raix focus ability to repeat a daily mission
8. Anubix +3% attack
9. Sehrin

Darmos is still being ranked up, as is my Darmos Seal. i am hopeful that my Seal will be finished by the time i get the Darmos ally up to rank 100 to get the full benefits of the Seal's ability on my rift. but the planetary structure with 3% arti will go onto all my premium planets.

Kriell i am also still ranking up, but as i said before, i will only be using its final ability to get perimeter stations and hyperluminal satellites from those seasonal dailies. after rank 2200, i will likely throw the klorvis daily in the mix, but that is still a couple years in the future for me.

Anubix gives a % boost to attack which is always welcome, but tends to fade into the woodwork after awhile. maybe an upgrade ability might be included in the mix of ct.lab items that Dan is rumoured to be working on.

Sehrin is the weakest ally with only fixed stat boosts. i always thought that the biologist profession might be able to find some new uses for Sehrin though ...

All allies ranked in single listing:

2. The Oruas Eye +5% shield, Far Sight visions and corruption market
3. Cuniculus +5% defense, double base raid every 20 hours (with 2 upgrades)

4. Vortov Mercenary call ability for bralkir NPCs - shrines and altars every 40 hours
5. Bainar +15% hack, bainar access node planetary structures every 40 hours
6. Solynia +2% arti

7. Trovar Zane +5% cloak, +5% scan ability for 1 hour
8. Darmos ring of ascendance planetary structures +3% arti
9. Kriell +5% PvP attack, raix focus ability to repeat a daily mission

10. Apparitious +15% invasion attack (10% base plus 5% upgrade)
11. Ravyn +6% cloak, clandestine plot for an additional %cloak (up to +15%)
12. Anubix +3% attack
13. Sehrin

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:12 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
juiceman wrote:

nah. only ones i will double down on will be perimeter stations and hyperluminals.

GP:
1. Thraccti +14% raid, tribute artis up to 5x on planets (with 2 upgrades)

Thraccti Tributes are actually up to 4X. Gifts are up to 5X

Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:21 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
juiceman wrote:

GP:
1. Thraccti +14% raid, tribute artis up to 5x on planets (with 2 upgrades)

Thraccti Tributes are actually up to 4X. Gifts are up to 5X

lol, i had just been thinking about what upgrades were still to come and i assumed that both apparitious and thraccti would have further upgrades and just boosted thraccti to 5% ;)

corrected my previous post.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:26 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
juiceman wrote:

but kriell isn't a GP ally so isn't on.topic ;)

here's my ranking of the value of all the 13 allies available to date:

GP:

for me, Thraccti is hands down the best GP ally. all of my VM or bigger planets are all at least 4x arti and the mining and research tributes allow me to even out planets before terraforming without needing as many mylarai race changes. once i run out of arti production planets to use the arti tributes, they will be assigned to boost a few toxics with nice artis and effects for eventual irradiation.

Cuniculus is 2d, but about 2 lengths behind. the 2 upgrades definitely helped move it ahead of Apparitious as i can now get 4 base crates per day on regular 8.hour bases. and with my full set of raiding bonuses, i get 100% base raids down to 16th damage rank (17th with the nerve gas). a double set of enumeration crystals still gets me excited.

Apparitious was in 2d before the Cuniculus upgrades came in. but the invasion boost becomes less of a factor as my base attack starts to balloon from tac officers from arti production. still worthwhile just to get better odds on the premium defended planets.

Ravyn brings up the rear on the GP side of things. cloak is useful for hacking or hiding, but since i can't hide, that leaves only hacking for me. i rarely use the cloak boosting ability ... only when i go on an extended hacking run.

Non-GP:
1. The Oruas Eye +5% shield, Far Sight visions and corruption market
2. Vortov Mercenary call ability for bralkir NPCs - shrines and altars every 40 hours
3. Bainar +15% hack, bainar access node planetary structures every 40 hours
4. Solynia +2% arti
5. Trovar Zane +5% cloak, +5% scan ability for 1 hour

Oruas is a MONSTER. visions of adventure are obviously awesome for anyone interested in relic badges. the other visions are okay, but the eventual opening of the corruption market makes this an essential ally to focus on once you get to the point where you're not worried about cargo space.

Vortov comes in as the runner up with its ability to bring in unique NPCs, but only once you have the raix megaweapon. without the megaweapon, i would drop its rank down below Darmos, since all the xp you burn dropping the bralkir NPCs is xp that you are not expending on finding more t.o. troop carriers before rank 2200. but the shrines that give 3% arti production are awesome drops.

Bainar gives ongoing 1:1 structures at a minimum, but you will eventually run out of planets to place new structures. however, once you get to that point, you will be trying to improve the structures on your best planets to the prime versions. getting a-node primes on all of your 20x planets is a tantalizing prospect.

Solynia is the poor man's excavator, but any %arti across the board can never be a bad thing.

Trovar Zane's ability is AWESOME for scan runs and also for minimizing crit.hack fails during hacking runs. i also sometimes use its ability when shuffling up my scan to find a different set of PvP targets on my battle tab.

Non-GP (continued):
6. Darmos ring of ascendance planetary structures +3% arti
7. Kriell +5% PvP attack, raix focus ability to repeat a daily mission
8. Anubix +3% attack
9. Sehrin

Darmos is still being ranked up, as is my Darmos Seal. i am hopeful that my Seal will be finished by the time i get the Darmos ally up to rank 100 to get the full benefits of the Seal's ability on my rift. but the planetary structure with 3% arti will go onto all my premium planets.

Kriell i am also still ranking up, but as i said before, i will only be using its final ability to get perimeter stations and hyperluminal satellites from those seasonal dailies. after rank 2200, i will likely throw the klorvis daily in the mix, but that is still a couple years in the future for me.

Anubix gives a % boost to attack which is always welcome, but tends to fade into the woodwork after awhile. maybe an upgrade ability might be included in the mix of ct.lab items that Dan is rumoured to be working on.

Sehrin is the weakest ally with only fixed stat boosts. i always thought that the biologist profession might be able to find some new uses for Sehrin though ...

All allies ranked in single listing:

2. The Oruas Eye +5% shield, Far Sight visions and corruption market
3. Cuniculus +5% defense, double base raid every 20 hours (with 2 upgrades)

4. Vortov Mercenary call ability for bralkir NPCs - shrines and altars every 40 hours
5. Bainar +15% hack, bainar access node planetary structures every 40 hours
6. Solynia +2% arti

7. Trovar Zane +5% cloak, +5% scan ability for 1 hour
8. Darmos ring of ascendance planetary structures +3% arti
9. Kriell +5% PvP attack, raix focus ability to repeat a daily mission

10. Apparitious +15% invasion attack (10% base plus 5% upgrade)
11. Ravyn +6% cloak, clandestine plot for an additional %cloak (up to +15%)
12. Anubix +3% attack
13. Sehrin

Thx for the list it really helped me. One of my legion asked me a recommendation for a GP ally so naturally i recommended thracci. But I noticed there's a rank restriction to Apparitous, of a minimum of rank 80. My legion member is looking to slow rank for a while at rank 60ish ranking once a week by pvp. Is there a rank restriction to thracci of when to use it?

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]