View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Wombats Wants You! 

Do you want to belong to a legion that appreciates you? Try Galaxy Wombats!

If you have base research done up to Dimensional Logistics, you can donate energy and CTP to help us take our Level 6 arti base to Level 7.
Our CT Lab has one Discovery left, will you be the one to find it?
Do you like helping other players, or need some help yourself?
If you're rank 900+ we can use your help with the newer high-ranked NPCs

Wombats has an active, friendly FB based chat and helps members with artifacts, credits and planets.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 am

We've finally reached lvl 7 base with 70k+ arti per shipment! We have a great community here, and everyone here wants to help you better your ship.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:11 pm

We are Level 8 base
100K+ arti production per shipment

CTLab Discoveries completed
Mission center

at least 3 baselocks daily

Seeking active daily players
we encourage PVP style of play

If you want to visit and try the wombats out give us a shout or post here

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:03 pm

we are still seeking players that are motivated to play regularly - and are PVP hunters
We prefer daily players
We currently a top 10 legion - and have been rising in legion ranking

just give me or Xeners or The Dark Aster( formerly wicked wombat) a buzz on our comms if you are interested in a visit or joining or just to see whatzzzz uppp??

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Speaking from experience, don't waste your time with this legion unless you enjoy being treated like a child. You will be told you can't curse, and at any given time a topic you speak about you will be shut down, and told the convo is over.

Worse yet if you ever have a problem with someone else in legion, you are not allowed to talk to that person, because someone there has a huge control issue.

So if you want to be treated like your not trustworthy, and a child who can't think for yourself. Go for it, otherwise just move on by this trainer legion.

Cheers and peace out

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Deleted for reasons.

Last edited by Ultraxx on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:31 am

Tear, You were told about our PG chat before you joined. You're the only one who has ever acted like a child here, leaving chat and sulking for a week. I'd heard you were a troublemaker who likes to cause drama but gave you a chance anyway.
Where you heard "if you have trouble with another person you are not allowed to talk to them" I don't know. Do we insist on members being polite and respectful to each other in chat? Yep. Can you flame them in chat? No.

Last edited by xencindy on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:24 pm

I would have to agree with Xen on this. Wombats is a very friendly legion!! Like most all legions they dont tolerate alot of drama though. So if your someone that wants to talk about previous legions you have been in or thrives on drama by nitpicking rules or nitpicking when someone says something then Wombats probably is not the place for you. Most people come to GL to escape the drama of their daily lives and really arent interested in anymore drama. Wombats is a very welcoming legion too and its not like other legions where they have to warm up to you its literally as soon as you join people are very warm and welcoming. Quite generous too I might add.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 pm

You told me about some things before I joined but not that you had to be in complete control of everyone and everything. Its only right to be honest with people considering coming there. Which you were selective about what you shared.

And oh I totally forgot that the think they can tell you who you have to facebook friend in the game. Thats right the 2 that answered feel free to boss you around ALL THE TIME!!!

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:36 am

This is a Recruitment posting page..not Drama 101 should probably keep that in a different thread. They tell you to friend a LEader long enough to be added to the Page and to the fb chat. They have a very active fb chat. Yes its pg so usually dont talk about religion politics or cussing. They have had people attempt and FAIL at ignoring rules and announcing they do as they please and blah blah..usually that gets ignored as it should. Again very friendly legion. They encourage you to do LM tasks but they are not assigned or anything like that. They are very helpful with advice tips etc they dont judge you nor do they laugh at any questions you may have. You may think they are silly but nobody will laugh at you. Its actually a well rounded legion. Wombats is an awesome legion with some awesome people too.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:41 am

as a leader here i can tell you it isn't all like what tear said

1. PG chat - yeah - to some level - remember you have kids playing - so watch what you say - FB and GL have TOS
that doesn't mean you can't pull innuendos - of tease something risky

that also means you have to be nice to your teammates - i quite frankly wouldn't like it if someone was cursing and swearing or being vulgar at everyone just because they can do it
or for that matter bullying/insulting/ridiculing one of your own teammates (this falls under FB TOS as well as GL's - you can't harrass or bully players)

off topic stuff like political or something else like religion well yeah - try to keep risky topics that cause heated debates off the chat - just like most forums

the legion chat is for legion business - not yacking about stuff (or spamming) that clutters the chat or flares up anger between players in your own legion
we have personal PMs for that stuff and we can open a separate chatter box for more adult or frank discussions anytime

beside if you really have an issue with another teammate bring it to an officer or leader

2. over control? - not anymore than other top legions considering we don't force your participate in Legion Mission's like other top legions will

we will try to encourage participation always

we will however control what you select on some legion missions - not to stagnate you - but to let everyone have a equal chance for the same task on a mission task

like 1 do task 1 this time(when someone does 3)... im relegated to task 2(when someone does 1) next time and maybe task 3(and the other does 2) the 3rd go around on the same mission
that way someone else has the same opportunity for a ship mod or planet arti

for one we don't tell you what ships to hit or what planets to take other than covered under SNAP
we don't tell you how to build your ship or choose your race- we encourage you to ask for advice or give advice
we don't tell you what missions you should do - although we have a recommended Mission page
we don't tell you what legion missions to do with some legion missions(easy ones - not critical ones) and then select alternate staging for others - so ya your assigned but you alternate

as for baselocks - yeah you ask before you lock here - simple - leaders/officers check here before a lock happens... we may have more than one scanning too ..so we like to take the best base

3. as for FB friending Xeners she isn't the only one we ask to FB FR ...
the reason we do it is to join you to our Legion chat - our FB page and to have some way to contact you to send private message out - like inactivity - chewy base...etc

quite frankly it's a legion - it's not a IM A SOLO PLAYER doing it MY WAY in a big umbrella
a. so ya you don't always get your way
b. you play nice with others (specially with your own teammates) - the game encompasses many ages just not only kids and adults, some may be old grannies or even dare i say religious groups(or pastors playing)

4. above all we ask other teammates to help out other legion mates when they can

we need to be nicer to people rather than scare or bully players(teammates) away with GL shrinking
because quite frankly why would anyone play a game where he's gonna be harrassed by another player everyday

remember its just a game - not a lifestyle

so yeah to anyone who want to get away from the drama come here - have some fun for once

we are still seeking players that are motivated to play regularly - and are PVP hunters
We prefer daily players
We currently a top 10 legion - and have been rising in legion ranking

just give me or Xeners or The Dark Aster( formerly wicked wombat) a buzz on our comms if you are interested in a visit or joining or just to see whatzzzz uppp??

Last edited by XavZepherio on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Quote:
Ouch.

I heard Grandpa and his girl meandered over there. That might be an impediment to their growth.

Ultraxx
ULTRASS out from under your rock again i see.....go and troll somewhere else.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Deleted for reasons.

Last edited by Ultraxx on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:18 pm

I just checked this post out and while this comment is late it's very much true. Responsibly speaking in a chat isn't hard. You wouldn't go into a board meeting and cuss at people. So use the same sense in the chatroom. Our leaders are here for you! And they help you learn to be successful in the game! I left a legion that did not grow their members. I have been helped to grow and have helped others grow in the game. Tear was selfish and decided to go to another legion , I do not begrudge that decision. To whine in the forum because you did not get your way. Childish especially for a "grown person."

Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Oh geez, did you have to bring all this stuff up again?

Requiring everyone to friend me long enough to get them into the chat and set up a channel so I can PM them is still one of the things I've never regretted. I'm not quite as strict about it now, but the people who are in Wombat chat have made progress much faster than the few who aren't. Back in the early days, it was a good way to pick up on alts/multis. Now it's a great way to let our heavy hitters or higher ranks know we need them for a bse or an NPC only a few of us can see.

Anyone in the group FB chat can see when we've got something that we need help with, like a Cluster, even if they're not in the game. These days, with fewer people spending hours and hours in-game, that's been very helpful

The other rules keep us all friendly with each other. Until some of us went over to Battleships to help them with Base Energy a couple months ago, and some of them stayed to keep helping, Wombats had climbed steadily up the rank Leaderboard to #5, without the big jumps up or down that we've seen in almost every other legion. I attribute that to our PG chat and "be nice to your legion buddies" rules. People leave for other legions occasionally, but no one gets mad about it. It's more important that they keep playing, than that they are playing in Wombats.

If you're looking for a new legion, Wombats is still a very good place to find advice, artifacts, planets and friends. We have a lot of experienced players, and players who are still trying to improve their ships and finish missions, too. There is no such thing as a dumb question in Wombats, and no one will laugh at you for asking one.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]