View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 exotica guards....now relieved! Exotica has a new home...... 

Why are people allowed to utilize the player-block feature whilst guarding exotica? This seems ridiculous to me - we got rid of the halcyon/calming amplifier issue when guarding exotica - can this not be fixed too? We have a legion who has been guarding it for over 2 months ( a joke in itself) , and 5 of their main guards have me blocked for PVP lol.

Please sort ASAP.

your sincerely,

Crack Fox

:D

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Last edited by stevo2012 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Totaly agree with you, anyone already having the exotica medal shouldnt be able to guard it...
This way the player that need the medal can have a chance at it.
Right now its $%&% stupid

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:22 am

blabla wrote:
anyone already having the exotica medal shouldnt be able to guard it...

+1 to that

once that gets implemented .. then Dan can roll out 3 or 4 more contested planets with medals for holding them for different time periods respectively, with the same restrictions on guarding once the medals are achieved.

ideas for holding periods:

- hold planet for an 8 hour time period from 00:00 to 8:00, 08:00 to 16:00, and 16:00 to 08:00 (3x each = 9x)
- hold planet for a 6 hour time period (10x)
- hold planet for a 24 hour time period after building x structure on the planet (structure from the mission ... limit 1 on the planet) (25x)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:25 am
Profile WWW

What a load of crap, if you're going to use 100+ emp's on someone then they're going to block you, simple as. Your inability to coordinate an attack with your legion mates is your problem here. Blocks are very different to halcyon and calming amplifiers that were stopping EVERYONE from attacking the player. Quite frankly this is laughable coming from a rank 3057 player.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:09 am

you would have no issue if you knew how to do pvp with out spamming 100 debuffs on a ship no matter what the rank is so you want to spam to do the pvp ye ass is going to get blocked easy as that punk.

then yougoing to moan cause those same ships just happen to be some of those ships guarding grow a pair and learn to do pvp and you would not have people blocking your weak @$$ ship

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:09 pm

pokerman123 wrote:
you would have no issue if you knew how to do pvp with out spamming 100 debuffs on a ship no matter what the rank is so you want to spam to do the pvp ye ass is going to get blocked easy as that punk.

then yougoing to moan cause those same ships just happen to be some of those ships guarding grow a pair and learn to do pvp and you would not have people blocking your weak @$$ ship

PA: PVP WOOT! alert the lowbies to be smacked down if they so much as blue badge our ships!
Also PA: What!? Prevent players using the block feature to stop attackers moving them off a planet they are choosing to guard, keeping the planet through cheesy tactics? Nah gotta stop people from using artis to try and deguard a planet with millions of hull in health quickly.

Biggest legion for pvp bull also whining about this suggestion because their afraid they wont hold exotica without it lol.

blabla wrote:

-1 to that though. Punishing players in a legion thats actualy succesfull. Pool of guards shrinks till theres barely any and its actualy the less active, weaker legions that bring more guards to the table. if it was needed to reduce the guard numbers it would be imo much better for the reguard timer to be extended, but thats a point where theres more reasonable debate, while foxys point is just about some complete rubbish that needs to be fixed, and the only people realy to defend it are PA who would lose one of their edges in defence of exotica.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 pm

blabla wrote:

-1 to that though. Punishing players in a legion thats actualy succesfull. Pool of guards shrinks till theres barely any and its actualy the less active, weaker legions that bring more guards to the table. [/quote]

So what? this might happend in like 2 years, before almost everyone has that medal.
Exotica is supose to be throw around and now thats just stupid guarding from a selfish crying legion.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Exotica isn't a throw around planet, it's supposed to be hard to take, the flag after 8 hours medal isn't supposed to be easy either, GP managed to use teamwork a few months back to take it back last time we held it for months, funny how we can usually easily take it even after a couple hours without spamming debuffs and yet we get accused of being selfish, greedy and crying. Sure we're crying ...from laughing so hard.

TBH we don't care if Dan does change the block player rule if guarding Exotica to make it easier, that just makes it even easier for us to take it back too. The reason we take it is simple; to make sure a legion mate can get the medal and for the bonus production, that's not being greedy it's being legion focused and smart.

I am though going to stand by my original statement and say personally I think it would be silly to change it because at the end of the day taking Exotica should mainly be about a team effort, that has nothing to do with us currently holding it either, it's because it's a legion game we're playing here and somethings in this game should take more than one player to achieve something special.

No wonder some legions are practically dead when it's all me, me, me and not about the benefit of the whole legion.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:56 pm

pokerman123 wrote:

Baaaa hahahahaha. Glad you decided to pipe up genius....100 emps yeah? really? ask dullgun how many emps Ive been using on his SSB Lazuli fixer ship, or how many I used on Zeiber, Bollweevil, BoristheAnimal, Ianiii (before they all player blocked me lol) - not many at all. How many did I use on you, 15? AND? You tell me to grow a pair and yet you cant handle 2 days of PVP you giant WUSS. You put your legion to shame - at least Arch Angel, Dull Gun etc fight back - you my friend, are a joke of a player. Get this issue sorted ASAP Dan so I can stop PA from hogging exotica - lets share the love!

:D

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Peticks wrote:
pokerman123 wrote:

PA: PVP WOOT! alert the lowbies to be smacked down if they so much as blue badge our ships!
Also PA: What!? Prevent players using the block feature to stop attackers moving them off a planet they are choosing to guard, keeping the planet through cheesy tactics? Nah gotta stop people from using artis to try and deguard a planet with millions of hull in health quickly.

Biggest legion for pvp bull also whining about this suggestion because their afraid they wont hold exotica without it lol.

blabla wrote:

-1 to that though. Punishing players in a legion thats actualy succesfull. Pool of guards shrinks till theres barely any and its actualy the less active, weaker legions that bring more guards to the table. if it was needed to reduce the guard numbers it would be imo much better for the reguard timer to be extended, but thats a point where theres more reasonable debate, while foxys point is just about some complete rubbish that needs to be fixed, and the only people realy to defend it are PA who would lose one of their edges in defence of exotica.

"Biggest legion for pvp bull also whining about this suggestion because their afraid they wont hold exotica without it lol. < This.

Thanks man, at least someone can see sense.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 pm

JDoe01 wrote:
Exotica isn't a throw around planet, it's supposed to be hard to take, the flag after 8 hours medal isn't supposed to be easy either, GP managed to use teamwork a few months back to take it back last time we held it for months, funny how we can usually easily take it even after a couple hours without spamming debuffs and yet we get accused of being selfish, greedy and crying. Sure we're crying ...from laughing so hard.

TBH we don't care if Dan does change the block player rule if guarding Exotica to make it easier, that just makes it even easier for us to take it back too. The reason we take it is simple; to make sure a legion mate can get the medal and for the bonus production, that's not being greedy it's being legion focused and smart.

I am though going to stand by my original statement and say personally I think it would be silly to change it because at the end of the day taking Exotica should mainly be about a team effort, that has nothing to do with us currently holding it either, it's because it's a legion game we're playing here and somethings in this game should take more than one player to achieve something special.

No wonder some legions are practically dead when it's all me, me, me and not about the benefit of the whole legion.

Theres no team effort involved in clicking "block".

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 pm

I don't agree that people with the medal cant guard, that seems daft, for reasons stated above -

All Im saying is, if you guard exotica , you're open to pvp from anyone, just like if you had a halc on.

Oh and PA, if you're so good, why block me then?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:57 pm

stand by my statement as the 2 biggest complaints i see in this thread are the 2 biggest losers who only knows how to use 100 debuffs before attacking any ship learn not to spam offensive actions everytime you decide to attack ships and maybe you would not be having the block on you

go cry some more make up excuse's prove to all how big of babies you truly are cause you can not handle ships period as cracker box i even seen you spam a level 1,000 with tons of debuffs same with peticks now here a new game we can make up everyone in the galaxy prep to hit the block botton on those 2 losers see how many targets they have after a few weeks and then really see them cry in the forums that they can not do any pvp due to the entire game having them ship blocked

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:00 pm

and do not use the excuse of millions of hull i killed multiple people just last night for the 1st time in i think a year with out a single debuff used.

brb beer run check
anubi check
and multiple others all players in the 3k to 6k range

and cracker box do not use the gaming wrist as an excuse i got arthritis and carpal tunnel whole reason i gave up pvp for awhile so i could cope with the pain so spamming debuffs abusing the debuff issue to just attack a player or ruin the game play like you normally do is no excuse it was whole reason the block future was implanted was due to players like you who harass and bully people with the debuffs

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 pm

+1

The block feature is broken as hell when it comes to planets - whether it's guards rendering themselves essentially invincible to certain attackers, or planet thieves avoiding retaliation.

Spamming debuffs against Exotica guards has always been par for the course. It's not about the attacking ships being weak, it's a tactical decision based on the need to remove as many as guards as possible, as fast as possible. It's been so de rigueur for literally years that many players didn't even retaliate for spam if they were guarding Exotica - it's just something you expected and accepted. Pac Man comparing it to killing ships on the BT is a false equivalence, makes no sense, and is of course just another thinly veiled attempt to go off on a tangent of irrelevant boasting.

The fact that players have found another way to exploit the silly block feature to their advantage is not surprising in itself, and I don't blame them for using it - it makes as much tactical sense as spamming debuffs. The fact that Pac Man has a found a way to twist the whole thing around to the point where he is gloating about blocking people while referring to those he has blocked as weak is also not surprising, and it would be hilarious if it wasn't so goddam stupid.

Edit: And while we're at it, if you have me blocked, you should not be able to steal my planets. Or if you do, it should immediately cancel the block. It's ridiculous that someone can block you and then steal your planet, or steal a planet and then block you when you start to zero them. Or hey, just get rid of the dumb block feature entirely...

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 pm

comaface wrote:
+1

The block feature is broken as hell when it comes to planets - whether it's guards rendering themselves essentially invincible to certain attackers, or planet thieves avoiding retaliation.

Edit: And while we're at it, if you have me blocked, you should not be able to steal my planets. Or if you do, it should immediately cancel the block. It's ridiculous that someone can block you and then steal your planet, or steal a planet and then block you when you start to zero them. Or hey, just get rid of the dumb block feature entirely...

I stand by that statement 100%.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 pm

comaface wrote:
+1

Spamming debuffs against Exotica guards has always been par for the course. It's not about the attacking ships being weak, it's a tactical decision based on the need to remove as many as guards as possible, as fast as possible. It's been so de rigueur for literally years that many players didn't even retaliate for spam if they were guarding Exotica - it's just something you expected and accepted. Pac Man comparing it to killing ships on the BT is a false equivalence, makes no sense, and is of course just another thinly veiled attempt to go off on a tangent of irrelevant boasting.

The fact that players have found another way to exploit the silly block feature to their advantage is not surprising in itself, and I don't blame them for using it - it makes as much tactical sense as spamming debuffs. The fact that Pac Man has a found a way to twist the whole thing around to the point where he is gloating about blocking people while referring to those he has blocked as weak is also not surprising, and it would be hilarious if it wasn't so goddam stupid.

Agree 100% as far as planets are concerned: making yourself invincible, limiting retaliation options from people you steal from, stealth theft, blah. It's horribly and ridiculously broken in all those ways, and needs to be changed.

Aside from the obvious planet-related issues, I don't love the block feature, but wouldn't get rid of it. I have used it on ships I don't have any interest in engaging with, enemy ships have used it on me, and the game is probably better for the limited interactions.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:36 am

im with coma ...true dat bro, preach on..

I think exotica, being "central" thematic planet of the affairs should be a no hold barred placed. Much like how your halc won't save you guarding a planet, so much more so should this apply to any manner of protection for guarding exotica. It's already next to impossible to kill any decent ship if they are online, let alone kill 6-10 with tons of hull, and some with ssb low caps.

Emps, krios, etc, exist for quick strategic hits, to level playing field against stronger ships, and incidentally to piss people off (dan prolly didn't plan that piece on purpose, but there it is). I can see some points from both the foxy one and from PA. I mean a block is a block and a coq is a coq, and if you have to be a coq to use a block, or block a heinous coq, then the mess is foqed.

All alliteration aside--wink- any legion, or ship, who is both willing to use and endorse spam for their team, but then wants to hide behind game mechanics seems hypocrytical. Unlike deck size, which is a play style choice, the block is overly powerful and lasts way to long. Month is a hellacious long time.

Also, coordination isn't as much a thing anymore. With shrinking legion sizes and # of active strong players, few are willing to lone wolf it or even small pack hunt. That doesn't mean change all the rules to help a few, but Dan should take all things into account for game wide decisions. Remember block wasn't always there, just like so many other things which have changed or been added.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:41 am

and yet most of the players who have blocked cracker box are little ranks who are tired of him stat padding on them non stop a rank 89 for example. but what ever approve of a low life bottom feeder and force dan to do something about the block option to make it more easy for types like him to abuse the little new players.

mind ye maybe you all forgot but the whole reason the block option was implanted into the game is for people who spam and harass people to be blocked to leave the person alone.

also remember you can only block 5 people then you are out of luck.

and people had complained for a long time for something like this to be implanted i also requested it a few years ago when a #$&*$# bag decided he was going to spam me non stop all day and night long just cause i had badged him more then 2 times in a week.

it is there to protect from punks like that and that is what cracker box is a stat padding punk who will spam people to annoy them when i blocked him he was not attacking me he was just spamming so i could not npc hunt so easy form block the idiot so i could do some npc hunting others have own reasons but it not to hold exotica it just happens to be he the only person using it as an excuse to try and make it work out for him so he can abuse and harass the small players and pad his kill stats

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:57 am

pokerman123 wrote:
and yet most of the players who have blocked cracker box are little ranks who are tired of him stat padding on them non stop a rank 89 for example. but what ever approve of a low life bottom feeder and force dan to do something about the block option to make it more easy for types like him to abuse the little new players.

mind ye maybe you all forgot but the whole reason the block option was implanted into the game is for people who spam and harass people to be blocked to leave the person alone.

also remember you can only block 5 people then you are out of luck.

and people had complained for a long time for something like this to be implanted i also requested it a few years ago when a #$&*$# bag decided he was going to spam me non stop all day and night long just cause i had badged him more then 2 times in a week.

it is there to protect from punks like that and that is what cracker box is a stat padding punk who will spam people to annoy them when i blocked him he was not attacking me he was just spamming so i could not npc hunt so easy form block the idiot so i could do some npc hunting others have own reasons but it not to hold exotica it just happens to be he the only person using it as an excuse to try and make it work out for him so he can abuse and harass the small players and pad his kill stats

This thread is about using the block feature when guarding Exotica, or arguably about how it works with all planets. It is not about the block feature in general. You have actively and explicitly boasted in the past about blocking people who attack you specifically from Exotica. Remember that? That's what this is about. Maybe try to keep things relevant for just once?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next