View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Solved (Player applying to legion cant be viewed) 

Solution
Kropotkin wrote:
DarthKarnage wrote:
That is a random issue that occurs occasionally not a change to the game. I first saw that a couple of years or so ago. If I recall it is when they have joined another legion

Yep, this happens if the applicant has joined a different legion - has been doing this since around the time the new friend system was added last year.

It doesn't happen if the applicant is still legionless, though - so you're not missing out on a prospective member as a result.

Original post
Quote:
So it seems dans changed something because we recently had a player apply to the legion, rank 240. Obviously, seeing someone applying to the legion the first thing you do is go to check out their ship, see if theres a dark cloud over them on their coms, if someone recruited them, look at their medals/stat page see if they look like a good player. But upon trying this a message came up claiming the player 'is not or is no longer in target range' and that you would need to retarget them (may be slightly misworded because of the following) then the entire page refreshes in like 1 second after that.

I would speculate dans trying to stop the issue of people being able to target legionmates after one or the other of them leaves legion if their still tabbed, which seems sensible, if this applies to people selected through the legion tab, doing a check to ensure both are in the same legion and if not forcing a refresh and stopping the targeting, that sounds like a good, long awaited bug fix. However im putting this as an issue and support because it absolutely should not affect legion applicants in the same way, as it prevents doing the normal checks you do on applicant ships to decide if to accept them or not.

Stark Tech Inside

Last edited by Peticks on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:31 pm

You should definitely be able to fully view a legion applicant - should almost go without saying lol.

Thought Id voice my opinion, get this some traction, as its a pretty serious issue IMO - although I have not witnessed it yet myself.

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:27 pm

That is a random issue that occurs occasionally not a change to the game. I first saw that a couple of years or so ago. If I recall it is when they have joined another legion

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm

DarthKarnage wrote:

Yep, this happens if the applicant has joined a different legion - has been doing this since around the time the new friend system was added last year.

It doesn't happen if the applicant is still legionless, though - so you're not missing out on a prospective member as a result.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
DarthKarnage wrote:

Ah, if this is the case thats fine then. I did mention it to the other leaders but they didn't know either. Guess its just not come up since the friend change.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
DarthKarnage wrote:

Was gonna say this but thought you might have already known that and this was a different issue

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]