View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 2018 New Year Resolution 

A suggestion for a New Resolution for Dan.

Im talking of taking of his game actualy...

Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:12 pm

In fact, the 7 year medal-event-whatever was the biggest on all the game history. New ally linked to a new mission, new market and so on...

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:55 pm

True but only for the 7-year player and everything is so easy it is just a few clicks and is truly unfair for those not yet at 7 years of play.

Now to see how insanely overpowered the 8 year reward is...

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:55 pm

If somebody remains 8 years on a game, he/she deserves a overpowered reward 8-)

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:42 am

Borralla wrote:
If somebody remains 8 years on a game, he/she deserves a overpowered reward 8-)

Half the anger is that the top players in the game (they should be after 7 years) were getting advantages that no newer player could get for years, no matter what they did.
The other half of the anger is that it was basicly the biggest update of the year. Content that is timegated. Its not healthy, its basicly saying 'heres some content to increase engagement and improve retention, oh only 7 years+, anyone who joined after (the majority of the playerbase) go whistle.

The 8 year medal needs to be a small reward, maybe just 1 thing that boosts the prismatic by X % or whatever, and a bigger update be something like a new daily chain.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:14 am

The Anniversary "rewards" are just missions that require you to collect X# of Daily Rewards. They're no different than any other mission in the game.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Mythra wrote:
The Anniversary "rewards" are just missions that require you to collect X# of Daily Rewards. They're no different than any other mission in the game.

They're not missions, they're medals, and it has nothing to do with how many daily rewards you have collected - that is only the trigger for the medal completion. All that matters is time played.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Mythra wrote:

I personnaly like to call them "baby steps" for players going to the potty by themselves, tying their shoes, etc etc.

Just FREE medal points (for doing nothing basically) that are making it near-impossible for active players under 7 years to be in the top 10 for medal points.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
Mythra wrote:

I personnaly like to call them "baby steps" for players going to the potty by themselves, tying their shoes, etc etc.

Just FREE medal points (for doing nothing basically) that are making it near-impossible for active players under 7 years to be in the top 10 for medal points.

It's not impossible. Just be patient.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:33 pm

In fact, i´m at 3 months from the 6 year medal. I must wait more than a year for the prismatic ally. ANd that´s the point. It´s an objetive.

The only thing i must do to get the prismatic ally is... wait. That´s exactly what keeps me on the game: a long term objetive. A hard one.

But i get the point and agree. A mission for low and high players like the tejar chain or even the first part of the Ravyn chain will be nice. The option to choose the next mission by voting was great.

But i need to say something. I´ve played games since i have reason and can say one thing: this one is extremely well structured and, most important, is not "pay for win". The GP advantages are not unfair and, more than that, can be stolen and even extracted (i have MANY GP items stolen from other planets).

I don´t think the game is being abandoned and hope it won´t

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 am

Medals/Achievements are quests.

Some of them are even "Meta Quests"

Perform an action X# of times and get a reward = a quest.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 pm

125 days to go for my 7 year medal!

:D

Ps. My new years resolution is to get off the crack....defo happening this year swear.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:49 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:

Waaa, cry me a river. You're actually upset that you can't buy the medals (or what it gives).

As for getting on the medal board, just wait a couple more event; as less people buy, they fall down and down the list. That's why I'm not higher.; the value of the purchase just isn't there anymore.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 pm

I don't mind an overpowered structure/arti/planet/etc being the birthday reward; that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is when pretty much the only new content is time locked that way. If he wants to add a new mission chain to the 8 year award, fine...but also add one to keep other folks interested as well.

Sure, folks that joined later could have taken longer to work through the content...but many didn't, and it's good to have active players, and keeping new things coming keeps people active.

Basically: more new content, even on a semi-regular basis (more often than annual) would be nice.

Plenty of mission chains that talk about potential followups that never appeared; pick one, make a bi-weekly, that'll keep folks happy for a few months, then wait a few months and start another one.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
I don't mind an overpowered structure/arti/planet/etc being the birthday reward; that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is when pretty much the only new content is time locked that way. If he wants to add a new mission chain to the 8 year award, fine...but also add one to keep other folks interested as well.

Sure, folks that joined later could have taken longer to work through the content...but many didn't, and it's good to have active players, and keeping new things coming keeps people active.

Basically: more new content, even on a semi-regular basis (more often than annual) would be nice.

Plenty of mission chains that talk about potential followups that never appeared; pick one, make a bi-weekly, that'll keep folks happy for a few months, then wait a few months and start another one.

Well, i´m agree on that.

Or even expanding the badge market with only 2 new badges based on legion wars. For example, a legion declares a war on other one. No kind of treaties allowed between them for 3 months, for example. Nor trades between members for a long period, to avoid "war pacts".
"Orange badges" for disabling players from the legion you are at war with. And "Pink Badges" for disabling the base of that legion, instead the usual white, based on the base level, instead the position on the damage table.

There are a lot of formulas, but personally i don´t know the time, effort and resources to make them real, since i´m not a programmer. I only have ideas.

But say Dan is leaving the game appart is not correct on my modest opinion, since he is adding bites on each event (the qpedd probe on this last, for example).

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]