View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Eight-Year Medal - The Transcendent Few 

I new Ray Gun that zaps halcs. Only last 4 hours. Or puts an enemy ships crew to sleep. Imagine the impact.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:39 pm

My guess is one item is relate to the prismatic planet

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:15 pm

ODragon wrote:
detregets wrote:
That compressor sounds pretty good for those planets you've been wanting to buy a quasi for and its been sitting there half baked for 2 or 3 years lol

My guess is the other arts may include planet name changers, nerfed rt's, caches

I'm going to keep hoping and praying for small moon to large moons upgrader!

+1!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:59 am

Another one to cause some crying... Free Race/Profession changes!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Damn that's awesome. Was there an enemy cost to the first item you listed?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Thanks for sharing! The 8 year reward is looking awesome so far! I look forward to hitting 8 years in 351 days! :lol:

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Was there an enemy cost to the first item you listed?

I don't think she noticed before using it.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:22 pm

While I agree with Petick's point that there needs to be new content that isn't time-locked (since there has been minimal new content lately in general), I do think that this particular reward so far is pretty awesome and quite appropriate as an 8-year item.

I'd also like to see some sort of catch up mechanism (which would still require time, mind, not be an instant thing, and have other drawbacks such as increased energy/experience expenditure) but that's mostly because the game is getting on in age and it would be nice for those who have blown through content to be able to access the new mission chain released last year. Keeping players active with a new daily mission that allows a day's increase in play time with a new end in sight certainly seems better than allowing active players to continue getting bored w/the lack of new activities that can't be accessed and instead quitting.

But kudos for this year's reward...I think it's very appropriate for what it is, so far. In 5 years, I'll even get it myself, assuming the game is still around (and I am.)

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Personally, I'm kind of disappointed with the second reward so far, its not bad, but had hoped for items equivalent to Melters, Gaia Seeds, etc.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Chade wrote:
Personally, I'm kind of disappointed with the second reward so far, its not bad, but had hoped for items equivalent to Melters, Gaia Seeds, etc.

There's still time for that yet, although I think those drops should be among the rarest.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Guide wrote:
Chade wrote:

There's still time for that yet, although I think those drops should be among the rarest.

Ya, keeping my fingers crossed...

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Chade wrote:

I get what you're saying but it is literally free GP. 20 GP every time you get it. Will allow for much more often changing during events, to get planets you can't as well as LM.

It's nothing but win to me.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm

I do prefer this reward to the 7 year one however tbh im a bit worried with what this idea is saying, that dan seems to be giving away the things he once sold.

No more gp spent on race/prof changes once you hit 8y. No need to buy quasis once you hit 8y... No need to spend that X$ once you hit 8y. Less lifeblood for the game once you hit 8y...

Also those complaining its not good enough are mental. literaly the two artifacts we have seen so far are 50 gp and 20 gp in value, and your going 'meh, this ISN'T good enough.'

Imo it would be better if these were slightly inferior versions. eg if the quasi only took a planet to massive, it would still at least need a size upgrader. so either the 1/3 mawks p2, which you might get 3 of once every 3 monhts+ or the gp spent. have the race/prof thing only change prof but race be stuck, such that it doesn't effectively end gp spend on the race/prof change. Instead of the hoped for s to l moons upgrader, have it be a rt effect remover (with a effect that if you rt it again it is guaranteed not to be what you removed), or in fact a small moon generator on a non rt planet.

That way, their still great, but they dont effectively mean an end to a lot of gp spend.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Theres not that many 8 yr players that your concerns would make an impact. Many have quit or reset, only a few die hards like myself are still around .

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Peticks wrote:
....worried with what this idea is saying, that dan seems to be giving away the things he once sold.

No more gp spent on race/prof changes once you hit 8y. No need to buy quasis once you hit 8y... No need to spend that X$ once you hit 8y. Less lifeblood for the game once you hit 8y...

Also those complaining its not good enough are mental. literaly the two artifacts we have seen so far are 50 gp and 20 gp in value, and your going 'meh, this ISN'T good enough.'

...That way, their still great, but they dont effectively mean an end to a lot of gp spend.

QSEs are already given away for free, unless you're Level 2200+. I can't speak for others, but I haven't bought a QSE since I paid my way into my first Rift planet many many years ago. Also, if they dropped at the same rate as Planet Fluxes do now, I'd likely be sitting on hundreds of them.

Similarly, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to race/prof changing. I doubt it's a big money maker for the game.

I semi-regularly audit how people spend $$$ in my own games, and I'm frequently surprised at how little some features make us. We've even made some underperforming options free, because people like free, and it breeds good will with your customers. In the grand scheme of things, content is king. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the seasonal upgrades account for ~85-90% of GL's revenue.

So, in a nutshell, giving something away for free (very limited) when people aren't necessarily spending money on it in the first place really doesn't "cost" you anything....and what money you "lose" is made up for by making your users happy.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 pm

detregets wrote:
Theres not that many 8 yr players that your concerns would make an impact. Many have quit or reset, only a few die hards like myself are still around .

And some of us have stopped buying these items years ago.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Mythra wrote:
I semi-regularly audit how people spend $$$ in my own games, and I'm frequently surprised at how little some features make us. We've even made some underperforming options free, because people like free, and it breeds good will with your customers. In the grand scheme of things, content is king. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the seasonal upgrades account for ~85-90% of GL's revenue.

So, in a nutshell, giving something away for free (very limited) when people aren't necessarily spending money on it in the first place really doesn't "cost" you anything....and what money you "lose" is made up for by making your users happy.

I hope Dan put that much thought into it. Your thought process is very good and something as a player, I totally get and believe to be true.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:53 pm

detregets wrote:

the problem is this is true now. But the bulk of the playerbase is probably roughly between 4-6.5 years. Less joining when gl was starting out, less joining now its a bit dated. Every year feature needs to be considered as if every player gets it to feel the overall impact it might have.

Mythra wrote:
QSEs are already given away for free, unless you're Level 2200+. I can't speak for others, but I haven't bought a QSE since I paid my way into my first Rift planet many many years ago. Also, if they dropped at the same rate as Planet Fluxes do now, I'd likely be sitting on hundreds of them.

I realy think we can discount troop carrier Qses which turn up about once every 50k npcs to rolling for it every 2 days as being comparable tbh.
Mythra wrote:

Similarly, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to race/prof changing. I doubt it's a big money maker for the game.

I also hope dan thought through it that much, and its a good point if quasis aren't a big buyer.

That said, if RT's are part of this, I'd be exceptionally sceptical. I can see why giving away quasi might actually be good business sense: have them be able to build a great 22/21X C and the imputus to get a rt to realy max it out is a long stronger than if they would need to buy 2 quasis to get it to that point and then rt.

I guess there could be a sm to lm upgrader to further incentivise but honestly that feels realy rather uncool to lock behind the 8y medal if your going to add that, when everyone is paying the 64 gp to get the rt regardless of time ingame. I know I personaly think all the yearly things have gotten out of hand (you have people complaining about free race/proff changers being in the pool of artis you get every 2 days not being Good enough, the whole thing has gotten out of hand from the invincible world you got for 2y), but that one feels a very disrespectful move to the players spending the money on the game.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:47 am

oh man, such an awesome item!

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:35 pm

ODragon wrote:
oh man, such an awesome item!

Wow love that one thats perfect :)

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next