View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Debuffs and Sitting at zero disables 

For every debuff someone uses I think it would be most awesome if it would not let someones disables go to zero. As it seems to count towards being able to use Time Manipulators or rather not being able to if you could somehow make it to where if someone uses debuffs their disables cant fall to zero. I think it would go a long way towards people that sit at zero and spam one with a bunch of debuffs it would at least give one a way to retaliate. Just a thought is all

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:37 pm

There is a way to retaliate. Debuff 'em back.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 pm

When you have someone that doesnt kill just sits and throws 30 and 40 debuffs spamming them back really doesnt do anything. Hence why I suggested not let their disables fall to zero OR Maybe if not killing them maybe a way to once the disables fall to zero maybe treat it as if they are pacified or something and cant throw debuffs at that point. There are so many different protections for people that dont PVP would be nice if there was something for people that DO Pvp but that would be a different suggestion or idea.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Oh, I agree it's annoying, and that debuffing back doesn't really do much to combat it.

I'm just pointing out the initial false premise, that there is nothing you can do to retaliate. Maybe nothing that's effective, but there is something.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:52 pm

So back to the SUGGESTION & IDEA..I am in the right section correct?? Yep that is what it says...

So Dan or game people that add these types of things or throw them out....

The ability to throw debuffs while sitting at zero disables or zero actions in general perhaps if you made it to where they are now pacified at zero or if they use debuffs their actions cant drop to zero.

Thanks

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:13 pm

For every debuff, the one being spammed gets 5% to crit hack chance.
For every 10 debuffs the spamee gets another hack at that rate.

Hacks in this case would be able to be done by the spamee regardless of actions

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:13 am

Quote:
The ability to throw debuffs while sitting at zero disables or zero actions in general perhaps if you made it to where they are now pacified at zero or if they use debuffs their actions cant drop to zero.
Zero spamming is a well-known but rarely (?) used exploit that has been around since before I started playing GL. It used to be about harassment or base defense; now, ZSing is used to try and force blocks, too.

It would be great if artifacts counted toward your actual (not just TM) actions, or at least forced you back into 1 disable territory. I think pretty much everybody playing (except, perhaps, a few supespammers) would like to see this change. Though given how long it has been with no response/change to game mechanics, it is unlikely this issue is going to be addressed.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 pm

I think tying them into the TM limit (when used against players) so that you can only use so many per day would be a good solution.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 am

Guide wrote:
I think tying them into the TM limit (when used against players) so that you can only use so many per day would be a good solution.
Agreed. I would like a daily limit on artifacts, where after x-amount, they are either unvailable or you have a cooldown period between each usage... AND they shouldn't count like disables/raids/hacks when calculating the block feature.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:29 pm

+1 I think using an offensive artifact should be considered an attack action pure and simple and should add to number of actions just like performing a raid, hack or disable does. I think adding a cooldown is probably too drastic a change from the current spammer friendly situation UNLESSS the cooldown is accompanied by removal of the unpopular block feature.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Bloodied Unbowed wrote:
+1 I think using an offensive artifact should be considered an attack action pure and simple and should add to number of actions just like performing a raid, hack or disable does. I think adding a cooldown is probably too drastic a change from the current spammer friendly situation UNLESSS the cooldown is accompanied by removal of the unpopular block feature.
If you have any decent planets, making each arti count as an action might be a fairly effective way of getting players to police themselves... I've thrown thousands of artifacts on a single PVP run, or at a single person over a period of days just because it's fun. But if I had like 1500 hacks that needed to be taken by a friendly player every day after I act like a jerk, that'd be unsustainable and end the behavior pretty quick!

However, there are two problems:

Minor Issue: garbage ships with nothing to lose by getting hacked, who don't care about disables, likely wouldn't change their behavior in any meaningful way.

Less Minor Issue: a player could wrack up like 125 raids/hacks in just a few moments, self disable, then have a buddy take those actions in another few moments, repeat the process each day, and rocket up the boards. While I personally don't care about kills/raids/hacks board, players who have put in the time/effort to reach a high spot could be justifiably annoyed by this predictable gaming of the system.

IMO, while I'd love a chance to retaliate 50 additional times against somebody who hits me with 50 artifacts, simply putting a daily limit on offensive artifact usage and having offensive artifacts push 0 disables back to 1 would solve a lot of issues without creating new problems.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]