View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Issue with buffs on rift 

Hey all,

so Iv thought Ive noticed this before, but Im sure now - I have activated both the Bio-Con Control and VARA Interface Link abilities on my rift (45x arty) and noted the amount of artifact the planet was producing prior to the activated abilities - 43678 units/hr - this did not change after activating both those abilities. Anyone else experienced this issue?

Current buffs on planet

-Gateway Link (Max) : Production +6%
-Trellith Influence : Artifact +30%
-Solar Radiance : Production +25%
-Gift of the Makers : Production +9%
-Klorvis Supply Conduit : Production +30%
-Regional Science Summit : Research +25%
-Scruuge Logistics : Artifact +20%
-Omni-Harvest : Production +20%
-Q-Pedd Docking : Production +5%
-Lutuma Command Codes : Production +13%
-Bio-Con Control : Production +4%
-VARA Interface Link : Production +4%

Cheers,

Fox

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 pm

I dunno man, its glitchy, we had someone in legion with over 102k prod on their rift and those buffs were all working

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Are you sure something else didn't expire as you used them? Two stacked 4% buffs would give about the same as an 8%.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 pm

It is a known phenomena. There is a level, somewhere over 5x where it seems to round down until it gets over the hump and suddenly stuff will be applied again. It has been this way for years.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44730

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Deigobene wrote:
It is a known phenomena. There is a level, somewhere over 5x where it seems to round down until it gets over the hump and suddenly stuff will be applied again. It has been this way for years.

People will probably joke about Danmath, but working with floating point numbers can actually be pretty inaccurate.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Guide wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

People will probably joke about Danmath, but working with floating point numbers can actually be pretty inaccurate.

Even single precision shouldn't have difficulty with numbers in these ranges. A single precision float should be able to be accurate down to about 0.004 (1/256), which would be a 0.4% boost, with numbers as large as 65536, if my calculations are correct. Up to double that, you should still have accuracy down to a 0.8% boost, which I don't think exists. Of course, if they're using something worse than a 32-bit float then that would likely explain it.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 am

FerrusManus wrote:
Guide wrote:

Even single precision shouldn't have difficulty with numbers in these ranges. A single precision float should be able to be accurate down to about 0.004 (1/256), which would be a 0.4% boost, with numbers as large as 65536, if my calculations are correct. Up to double that, you should still have accuracy down to a 0.8% boost, which I don't think exists. Of course, if they're using something worse than a 32-bit float then that would likely explain it.

See:
Code:
guide@usebcmathinstead:~$ php -a
Interactive mode enabled

php > echo floor((0.7 + 0.1) * 10);

Also, welcome back, FerrusManus.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:50 am

Guide wrote:
FerrusManus wrote:
Guide wrote:

See:
Code:
guide@usebcmathinstead:~$ php -a
Interactive mode enabled

php > echo floor((0.7 + 0.1) * 10);

Also, welcome back, FerrusManus.

I guess maybe this is more of an issue for web development then? I don't have the same problem in C++. Switch to fixed point for the win?

Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:32 am

FerrusManus wrote:
I guess maybe this is more of an issue for web development then? I don't have the same problem in C++. Switch to fixed point for the win?

There's BCMath, but it relies on you expressing your numbers as strings. The usage is horrible (bcadd("0.1", "0.7"), or bcadd((string) $someInt, "10")) and it scales poorly. PHP offers no other alternatives as far as I'm aware.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:41 am

Thank you guys for the responses.

Buffs didn't expire as I used them, iv noticed this before with these 2 buffs.

I'm really confused about the rest of the responses though lol.

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]