View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Order of Effects 

Does the order of effects matter? For example, does it matter if you use a Tachyon Cylinder before or after a Continuum Beacon?

This used to matter, but when I brought it up to my Legion, specifically with regards to a Bioship Landing Platform and Ergosphere Filter, they said it doesn't. Can anyone here confirm if this was changed?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:51 am

FerrusManus wrote:
Does the order of effects matter? For example, does it matter if you use a Tachyon Cylinder before or after a Continuum Beacon?

This used to matter, but when I brought it up to my Legion, specifically with regards to a Bioship Landing Platform and Ergosphere Filter, they said it doesn't. Can anyone here confirm if this was changed?

yes, order matters for scanning - if you do % buffs .. followed by fixed value buffs .. the fixed value buffs don't benefit from the %.

you can also see the effect when you are going for the invisible hacker medal. using a pyramid AFTER setting off a quantum firewall trap will still get you to 50 cloak. it doesn't get -99% back to to zip until you hit ANOTHER QFT.

it might be diff for planets - Dan might have forced all the fixed value buffs to be taken into account before % buffs are applied.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:09 am
Profile WWW

My new Legion seemed certain, so I was skeptical. I did test to confirm that it mattered on buffs, but it is much more difficult with structures. I'm holding off on placing some structures until I have Bioship Landing Platforms and Raix Bunkers where I want them. I will report back if I get to test, but I have to get through a number of missions to get to that point.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:36 am

Tried to get a Legionmate to test with a planet they alerted, but they couldn't understand the steps needed and moved a structure that had already been placed after the Landing Platform -_-

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 am

There is no order on a planet, the only one some player talked about its the order of buff when you reach the production max on the planet

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:34 pm

And you've tested this with a Bioship Landing Platform or Raix Bunker, and which other structures? Or was there an update post somewhere?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:43 pm

It wasn't as difficult to test as I thought. I can confirm that the order still matters, at least for the Landing Platform. The Bunker is still out of my range.

For reference, I would think the fact that few people would believe this is the case is strong evidence for why it should not be the case. Many people were actually certain that this isn't how it worked, even though it is. My Legion couldn't even understand what I was getting at when I said the order mattered. This is why the user experience shouldn't be determined by implementation details. This is a basic fact of software design. Of course, I understand if there is literally no way to make this work as expected, but there is no case to be made that this is reasonable design.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]