View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Update on Dan 

senatorhung wrote:
this griping happens before every friggin seasonal and then when it drops all the bozos shut up again. it's almost like they think their griping actually motivates dan to drop the seasonal. here's a pro tip .. it fracking doesn't. but i predict the same negative ninnies will pop up their heads the last week of june again before elios drops ...

most times, the lepus seasonal drops a couple weeks before easter and runs until easter monday. if lepus drops this weeks and then runs 3 weeks until the end of the month, i'm not going to quibble about matching the easter dates of past years.

Well, during 8 years seasonals started with the same pattern of time. This year, Qpedd started 5 days later and Lepus didn´t start. As i said, i saw this pattern in many games, all closed now. It´s not my cry: it´s a fact.

But maybe Rnagy is right and it´s only a temporal affair. We hope for this.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Kevin9809 wrote:
Even if he does catch him, what has he really accomplished? :lol:

I disagree with Senator. Players of this game have a right to complain. It's not just "a few days" of delays in releasing seasonals. We still don't have a 9-year reward, and the person with the highest Prismatic upgrade said it has been broken for months as well. This has been the norm for quite some time now. If Dan is having personal issues, that is understandable; however, it would be nice if he took a second to drop a message in the forums or in game on occasion to keep us updated on the status of the game and other content. Heck, at they very least, provide a response to the support tickets.

oh, i think it's fine to complain about the delay. what i find stupid is saying the game is 'dying' when the dev is clearly having issues in real life. this is a one.man shop, and it's not even his day job.

is Dan maybe losing interest ? maybe, but it's probably still a lucrative sideline which doesn't require too much maintenance at this point. but i don't blame Dan for not responding on the forum where 90% of the posters only seem to be interested in hacking him off.

tl,dr: complain all you want about the game .. but stop ascribing ulterior motives to the dev.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

It is even more funny to be in denial that the game is NOT dying. I do not think it is ulterior motives i think it is a decade old format that was not hugely popular to begin with and has a small cult audience and group of players. With once populated legions now in the 30-50 numbers and the over whelming amount of inactives only someone in denial would not see that in terms of usage and income the game , by definition is dying.

If Dan just never responded again and walked away i would totally understand. am not lodging complaints, just stating observations.

No one is a bozo for having an opinion and because you do not subscribe to the opinion does not make you any better in anyway. Just a guy with an opinion. Or, by your astute observations, a bozo with an opinion.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Kind of sucks at current situation....has anyone confirmed that Dan is having hard times and will be back? I have no problem if an event is delayed, as long as they happen and the game is not forgotten

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Its possible to contact him on his facebook, link in the credit, or on instagram @seattledan
Not sure you will have answer

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Has anyone contacted Spock ? Of all people (except for Dan himself) he should know the most about this delay I am assuming.

He always starts a topic 2 or 3 days before an event.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Ko-Chan wrote:
Kind of sucks at current situation....has anyone confirmed that Dan is having hard times and will be back? I have no problem if an event is delayed, as long as they happen and the game is not forgotten

Yes, that is how this thread started.

I reached out to him through email last week and he responded to me and apprised me of his current situation. Out of respect for Dan, I purposefully left out further details he shared in email but he did say that he plans to release seasonal updates soon.

CapitainePaul wrote:
Has anyone contacted Spock ? Of all people (except for Dan himself) he should know the most about this delay I am assuming.

He always starts a topic 2 or 3 days before an event.

I would if I had any contact info for him... anyone else been in correspondence with Spock outside of the forum before?

Last edited by rnagy on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:26 pm

Thank you for the update Ryan.

As for Spock's information I do not even know what his ship name is. There are at least 4 spocks I saw in active legions so there might be more than 4 or his ship name might not even have "Spock" in it.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:33 pm

One of our legion mates claimed to find a Lepus Bio nest scanning....So Senator can have something to do for three weeks.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 pm

And the event started.
With that, Rnagy version seems to be confirmed (and i must apologize, since doubted).
So, the only thing that remains is desire Dan´s personal affairs come to a happy end.

Oh, i´m already worried for the actual game state, but at least the confirmation of the Rnagy version give some air to the option that the delays are only for that personal affairs, not and abandoning followed by the shutdown.

As many of the end of times prophets when their prophecies became #&$#, I will proceed to hide under a rock.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:

I know what you know, which is nothing. FWIW, I pick when I post my informational threads.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Every time I've written to Dan to make him aware of a specific issue, I've also asked him to give his long time players the courtesy of an announced end date if he's lost interest in the game, rather than just letting GL fall apart and die. It was after about three of those (sent to make him aware of a specific problem) that I got a reply from him about the wiki and forum coming back up within 48 hours, and explaining why he hasn't been as attentive to GL as he used to be.

As for some people getting replies, and others never getting them, for once I agree with Senatorhung about the #$&*@ and criticism. Imagine you were grieving the loss of a parent and had 4k e-mails in your InBox. Which ones do you pick to read and perhaps reply to? The people who always, always #$&*@ and moan, call you names, then demand you do something for them because they spent $50 a few years ago? Or the ones who are polite, get to the point and describe the issue in a useful way, and always thank you for giving them an awesome game?

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:18 am

Anyone been in contact with Dan lately?

I tried sending an email but no response thus far.

Many reports of missing/broken images in-game so hoping Dan can find time to get engaged. (Chuhn would also be nice ;) )

*** EDIT ***

He got back to me shortly after posting!!!!! :D

Seems he is hoping to release Chuhn within the next week or so (and images seem to be fixed)! :)

Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:50 pm

rnagy wrote:

Many reports of missing/broken images in-game so hoping Dan can find time to get engaged. (Chuhn would also be nice ;) )

*** EDIT ***

Seems he is hoping to release Chuhn within the next week or so (and images seem to be fixed)! :)

But, in long term, Chunn is useless if the prismatic development is not fixed. :( I´m at 2 upgrades from the last one known. THe moment i cannot develop it further, no matter the game state, i probably will leave, since is my actual objetive.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:43 am

Borralla wrote:

But, in long term, Chunn is useless if the prismatic development is not fixed. :( I´m at 2 upgrades from the last one known. THe moment i cannot develop it further, no matter the game state, i probably will leave, since is my actual objetive.

I wouldn't call it useless... It is still fun! :)

Perhaps one of these days I can see if Dan is willing to comment on the status of fixing the prismatic stuff. If I am able to find anything out I will definitely post on the forum.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

i hope dan can care more abouth the game soon

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Borralla wrote:
rnagy wrote:

*** EDIT ***

Dramatic much?

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 pm

DarthNefarious wrote:
Borralla wrote:
rnagy wrote:

*** EDIT ***

Dramatic much?

Nope. Just a reality. Reached all the game objectives so far, except the prismatic maximization. If the prismatic cannot be developed more, then all the objetives are done.

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:34 am

to quote the great Bill Murray, " it just does'nt matter"
- even if the Pris gets fixed, the game has lost support.
- even if Churn starts today , same questions next event
- even if suggested Senatorhung will continue with the same bad repeated comm posts

Most will still halc, some will moan and whine.

Choose do play , choose to quit , just enjoy and remember , it just does'nt matter.

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:33 am

AlanT wrote:
to quote the great Bill Murray, " it just does'nt matter"
- even if the Pris gets fixed, the game has lost support.
- even if Churn starts today , same questions next event
- even if suggested Senatorhung will continue with the same bad repeated comm posts

Most will still halc, some will moan and whine.

Choose do play , choose to quit , just enjoy and remember , it just does'nt matter.

"- even if Churn starts today , same questions next event"

----> What is this "Churn" you speak of? LOL! As stated earlier, Dan is hoping to release Chuhn sometime this week. I can't speak to future events yet, but will share any updates I can, if I can get them.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next