View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Polychoron Vault 

Polychoron Vault are broken still!!!

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:57 pm

How so?

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:45 pm

If you put one on a planet, sometimes it isn't updating how much storage capacity you have. Couple of people in GD have had that happen now (though at least one person has seen it work once, then not work a bunch of times, then randomly work once again on a later one.)

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:53 pm

i have 520 polychoron vaults installed on my planets - every planet i occupy except for the prismatic.

i have every storage structure on my planets logged on my spreadsheet.

after making a couple of quick corrections on my spreadsheet (after neglecting to log a few storage structures stripped from invasions and re.installed over the last couple of months), the storage values from structures on my spreadsheet are currently an exact match for what is displayed in game for all 3 resources

the only discrepancy for me is that my overall storage values are off by 500 for mining and 1000 for artifact, because i apparently occupy 1 more planet than i am actually aware of. on my ship stats, it shows that i occupy 522 planets, but when i go to the planets tab and the 'Your Planets' sub tab, only 521 planets are listed. so while that sort of bug does concern me a bit, i am still benefiting a miniscule amount from the extra storage.

so, in my case, i see zero basis for any assertion that polychoron vaults are broken.

my only speculation about the situation of others is that they are not re.visiting the planet after installing the polychoron. like when entities spawn around a planet, after the entity is disabled off of the battle tab, unless you go back and specifically click on the planet, the production will still be debuffed -60%. perhaps the polychoron vaults work the same way.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:46 am
Profile WWW

you need a girlfriend senator........badly

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:11 am

galaxis wrote:

Maybe he has a wife :D :D :D

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:04 pm

galaxis wrote:

Wow, you really got him! Way to go!

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:32 pm

galaxis wrote:

Oh you hush, Galaxis! Do you think we'd have the very useful, complete wiki we do, if he had a girlfriend occupying all his time?

Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:36 am

senatorhung wrote:
my only speculation about the situation of others is that they are not re.visiting the planet after installing the polychoron. like when entities spawn around a planet, after the entity is disabled off of the battle tab, unless you go back and specifically click on the planet, the production will still be debuffed -60%. perhaps the polychoron vaults work the same way.

Good thinking, and I reproduced the issue my legionmates were having and determined that you are correct, it's the same bug. Revisiting the planet or applying another artifact or basically doing anything that will cause the planet screen to refresh adds the appropriate storage back in.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:00 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

Good thinking, and I reproduced the issue my legionmates were having and determined that you are correct, it's the same bug. Revisiting the planet or applying another artifact or basically doing anything that will cause the planet screen to refresh adds the appropriate storage back in.

so, if someone happens to be short on polychoron vaults for some reason .. they can pick a pure production planet that they won't be mucking with for awhile .. install the polychoron .. refresh the planet .. extract the polychoron and click away. you get the 1000 bonus resource capacity until you click on that planet again.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:14 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
so, if someone happens to be short on polychoron vaults for some reason .. they can pick a pure production planet that they won't be mucking with for awhile .. install the polychoron .. refresh the planet .. extract the polychoron and click away. you get the 1000 bonus resource capacity until you click on that planet again.

I haven't tested that, but I was told that the storage kept disappearing - whether that's because the extraction triggers a screen refresh or because he clicked on something else first before checking, I can't say. Too much bother for me anyway; the only way that'd be useful (sicne I can make as many polychorons as I want or need) would be if you could add some production after, and that would cause the screen to refresh and you'd lose the storage anyway.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]