View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Is anyone missing items from Corruption Market? 

PurFikshun wrote:
I submitted a follow up help ticket this morning on this issue. I just checked back in the game and now I'm down to just 1 Corruption Market item. Only the Corrupted Base Schematics remain...sigh!

Since your initial post, I have also had one drop off, down from 5 to 4.
This possibly occurred somewhere around the third anniversary of receiving the Fateful Games medal.
I assume, sadly, that they will continue to drop off.

Am interested to know if others experiencing this drop off are also outside that 3-year period?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:02 am

Fateful Games
Finish the entire mission saga continuation starting with 'Corrupted Influence' and its 4 subsequent missions.

Awarded:
Sep-11-18

so still another 2 years leeway for me if it is related to the 3.year anniversary of Fateful Games. i still have all the corruption market items. currently at 134 edifices out of 401 arti production planets.

for Dawsix (who is missing items in the corruption market):

Fateful Games
Finish the entire mission saga continuation starting with 'Corrupted Influence' and its 4 subsequent missions.

Awarded:
Jul-15-16

so Deigo might be on to something there ...

for ZENNN (who is still unaffected):

Fateful Games

Awarded:
Sep-03-16

so if correct, ZENNN's corruption market will be affected in a couple more days.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:38 am
Profile WWW

While by no means conclusive, it appears that all ships contacted so far about losses of corruption market items are at various stages of the 3+ years after Fateful Games medal awarded.
The further past 3 years, the fewer items available.

I don't think that Fateful Games itself is the trigger, it was just easiest to search for as the last medal in the chain and also the reward people seemed to hold onto the longest.

I suspect that each item might have a hidden (perhaps/hopefully accidental) countdown timer that expires sometime after 3+ years after the corruption market items first become available, so they may drop off in the order they became available.

In my case, the first one to expire was Will of the Eye. I won't be too surprised if the next one in line drops off in about the time it would have taken me to complete the Vision of Oruos mission. Bummer.

Of course it could all be just very coincidental, or I might be a witch, but is something worth keeping an eye on I think.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am

I think you're on to something there. I finished Fateful Games back on July 9, 2016 and am down to just the 1 item (Corrupted Base Schematics) remaining in the market. Sigh...

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:39 pm

There doesn't seem to be an obvious cause here, but data helps. Could everyone please post the following?

• Which items they are missing.
  • When each those items went missing (if possible).
  • How much corruption you have.
  • How much corruption you had when items went missing (if possible).
  • When you completed the fateful games medal.

For me, I am missing no items, I have 3 corruption, and I completed the medal on Nov 5th 2016.

Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:45 pm

based on the evidence i have seen, i don't think the amount of corruption is relevant to the issue.

the corruption market items are disappearing IN THE ORDER that they appeared in the corruption market. ZENNN just lost the Will of The Eye today.

Quote:
Fateful Games
Awarded:
Sep-03-16

so, the 3 year fateful games is just a ballpark. i completed corrupted influence (unlocking will of the eye) on 03jul2018 .. and completed the great plot (fateful games medal and unlock of corrupted base schematics) 10sep2018 .. so around 67 days between will of the eye and the schematics.

using ZENNN's example as a guide .. that is around 1167 days for will of the eye to exist in the corruption market. just trying to figure out if there is a funky number bug ...

_____________Image

Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:40 pm
Profile WWW

As of sometime today, ALL corruption market items are gone. This morning, I still had the Corrupted Base Schematics. Now that's gone too. The market started displaying the message, "You have not yet unlocked any items to purchase." Serious glitch. I have 67 corruption and expect that number to continue to grow...but now I have nothing to spend it on. It'll slowly eat up all my cargo hold...

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:22 am

PurFikshun wrote:
As of sometime today, ALL corruption market items are gone. This morning, I still had the Corrupted Base Schematics. Now that's gone too. The market started displaying the message, "You have not yet unlocked any items to purchase." Serious glitch. I have 67 corruption and expect that number to continue to grow...but now I have nothing to spend it on. It'll slowly eat up all my cargo hold...

so that is 1158 days from 09jul2016 to 10sep2019 .. or 3 years, 2 months

_____________Image

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:41 pm
Profile WWW

Can confirm that Dan is now aware of the issue and has an idea what it is and how to fix it. We just need to be patient now as he tries to find time to implement the fix. :)

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:28 am

rnagy wrote:
Can confirm that Dan is now aware of the issue and has an idea what it is and how to fix it. We just need to be patient now as he tries to find time to implement the fix. :)

Thanks for the heads up, that sounds excellent

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:26 am

I'm taking the over on whether it's fixed calendar year 2019...

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Mini Goat Powah reported that as of today his Corruption Market was also empty. Given that his Fateful Games completion was 4 days behind mine, there does seem to be some pretty decent evidence that the issue is related to completion of Fateful Games.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:58 pm

PurFikshun wrote:
Mini Goat Powah reported that as of today his Corruption Market was also empty. Given that his Fateful Games completion was 4 days behind mine, there does seem to be some pretty decent evidence that the issue is related to completion of Fateful Games.

no, it's not Fateful Games. we are just using that to get the timeframe. if it was just Fateful Games, you would have lost all the corruption market items at the same time. the fact that they are disappearing in the order that they were unlocked indicates that is a TIME bug that needs to be fixed. possibly related to the TIME bug that crept into all the ship effects that Dan recently fixed.

_____________Image

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

my guess is that at the end everything would disappear omg creepy, thank you since it seem fix. everything falling down what plz no

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:25 pm

The order makes me think that it's some sort of database maintenance routine that is culling redundant or old data, except in this case it's not redundant and is accidentally being wiped.

Ship logs, for example, aren't useful after a period, so I imagine old logs are regularly deleted.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:59 am

The issue is that the market item "grants" are actually timed abilities under the code, and sometimes those abilities are given incorrect expiration dates.

Dan is aware of this issue. My guess is it won't take him long to fix once he has the time to sit down and take a look at it, when that will be is still unknown.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:32 am

it make me sad this game is like this. it give me the quetion why am i still playing but its the people and event that keep me on

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:24 pm

I believe Dan is looking into this now!

Make sure to spread the word to have anyone experiencing these issues to submit a ticket so Dan has the full scope of this problem.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:42 pm

senatorhung wrote:
no, it's not Fateful Games. we are just using that to get the timeframe. if it was just Fateful Games, you would have lost all the corruption market items at the same time. the fact that they are disappearing in the order that they were unlocked indicates that is a TIME bug that needs to be fixed.

I get that. It's just that the medal for the completion of Fateful Games is a point-in-time marker we're using to measure things since most of us don't know when we earned each individual item that was in the Corruption Market. If anyone in the game keeps records at that level of detail, it would probably be you. Heck, at this point I would have to go to the wiki to remind me what items other than Corrupted Edifices there were in the Corruption Market...

senatorhung wrote:
possibly related to the TIME bug that crept into all the ship effects that Dan recently fixed.

I hope he gets to the planet effects bug at the same time. That countdown is down to 3 months, 2 weeks. Would hate to see them all disappear and have to go through a period with no planet boosts...

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:10 pm

All you who were having issues, want to check now? ;)

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next