View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Darmos Drone Ascendent 

I just got my 2nd Darmos Drone Ascendent Ally, are we not able to rank it up using the ability? I clicked on the ability just now, it took my 5 reds and 500 energy but did not change the rank on the Ally. Again this is my 2nd one, my first one ranked with no problem.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:24 pm

The second one ranks at unpredictable intervals. I just maxed my second one last week. I have no idea what the pattern is. I had thought that maybe it somehow had correlation with the Eye because it seemed to rank on days when the vision ability and even other abilities were on Cooldown but I can't say with any certainty.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
The second one ranks at unpredictable intervals. I just maxed my second one last week. I have no idea what the pattern is. I had thought that maybe it somehow had correlation with the Eye because it seemed to rank on days when the vision ability and even other abilities were on Cooldown but I can't say with any certainty.

Thanks for the reply but all of my abilities were on cooldown when I clicked on the Darmos ability. I did submit a ticket and got the 5 reds from yesterday returned but that isn't going to happen every time.

Last edited by sharrell on Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:37 pm

I lost a lot of reds on it. Maybe 20 or 30 ranks worth? I never submitted a ticket cuz I just didn't think he'd return them. Almost wondering if I should now in light of that. Did they even say they were looking into fixing that or anything?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
I lost a lot of reds on it. Maybe 20 or 30 ranks worth? I never submitted a ticket cuz I just didn't think he'd return them. Almost wondering if I should now in light of that. Did they even say they were looking into fixing that or anything?

The reply was: There was never meant to be more than one ally allowed but this has yet to be fixed. Additional Allies to the first have been shown to rank up randomly, the red badges and energy are always taken but the ally doesn't always rank up. For now, I have replaced the 5 red badges you lost.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:44 pm

Unbelievable.
Complaining that the ally you shouldn't have, and know you shouldn't have, is not ranking regularly.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:40 pm

im with you diego...i thought it, but figured, if dan doesn't care.....personally one was too much drone hunting

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:23 am

Deigobene wrote:
Unbelievable.
Complaining that the ally you shouldn't have, and know you shouldn't have, is not ranking regularly.

yep, cheaters whining that their cheating aint working properly ? cry me a fracking river lol.

i hope when Dan figures out a 'fix' to the issue, that he 'fixes' anyone with more than one Darmos ally by deleting all of their Darmos allies .. force them to re.acquire and re.rank a new one from scratch.

i did task3 of darmos in january just to get a souvenir drone in cargo .. definitely much easier than i remember .. but then i didn't have genosynths and balthions the last time i finished darmos task3 back in august of 2016 .. 3.5 years ago at rank 1588.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i hope when Dan figures out a 'fix' to the issue, that he 'fixes' anyone with more than one Darmos ally by deleting all of their Darmos allies .. force them to re.acquire and re.rank a new one from scratch.

I hardly think that's a fair take on it. Sure, people complaining is one thing, but if the bug has been left unfixed for such a long time then I don't think it's unreasonable that people will have made use of it - especially when many other people already have.

I'd be willing to bet that not everyone who has more than one Darmos Drone knows that it's only possible because of a bug.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Guide wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

I hardly think that's a fair take on it. Sure, people complaining is one thing, but if the bug has been left unfixed for such a long time then I don't think it's unreasonable that people will have made use of it - especially when many other people already have.

I'd be willing to bet that not everyone who has more than one Darmos Drone knows that it's only possible because of a bug.

can you get duplicates of ANY other ally ? nope.

plus, it's a kick in the teeth to any legion members who still haven't gotten their seals maxed. bozos doing an optional task does zippo for improving legion mission success chance.

_____________Image

Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:28 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
can you get duplicates of ANY other ally ? nope.

No, but no other allies first start out as a module.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:56 pm

Actually some cheaters had 2 Anubix, AI Assault Drone and some were banned accordingly.

I was always under the impression that even a Darmos Drone AND a weapon was cheating much less 2 or 3 allies.

When I messaged Dan about this several years ago I was told it was indeed bug abuse and an update would fix it.

"Not intended, and we plan to remove extras in an upcoming patch."

I have been told others have had similiar replies.

Last year I sent another email when I saw several people with 2 allies, 2 allies and a weapon or even 3 alllies. I did not get a reply.

So, to be clear I qualify this as severe bug abuse.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:42 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
So, to be clear I qualify this as severe bug abuse.

And this is why we are all glad that you don't run the game.

I only have one ally, I don't think I have a 2nd gun. Double+Darmos gives you nothing that it worth it. It is not over powered, it is not game shattering, etc. 2x Abubix, that is an issue. The % boost from it means it can have the value of tens of thousands of stat points. 2x Darmos, that's barely any stat points and it is a one time thing. Anubix is a % boost so more attack = more boost.

Being able to get more than one Darmos is such a minor issue in this game, that it might even be a non-issue.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:27 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
Actually some cheaters had 2 Anubix, AI Assault Drone and some were banned accordingly.

That was a completely separate and far more severe issue.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 pm

my guess as to why the subsequent ascendents occasionally 'fail' to upgrade and eat the reds is because the game is set to expect you to have only one. so when you click on the ability .. it just tries to upgrade the first one it finds .. if it finds the one already at rank 100 .. the red badges go poof. so the more darmos allies you get .. the harder it will be to upgrade it to max.

for existing extra allies, Dan can just do a database check on whoever has more than 14 allies. anyone who does .. all their darmos drone ascendents go poof and they can run thru darmos again to get another one.

then for the 'fix', Dan should just implement a check during the module coversion. if the ally already exists, a popup can ask if the player wants a rank 1 Ascendent ally. if they click yes, their ally gets reset to rank 1.

EDIT: also, the duplicate allies likely only became feasible after the 06sep2016 update.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:52 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
my guess as to why the subsequent ascendents occasionally 'fail' to upgrade and eat the reds is because the game is set to expect you to have only one. so when you click on the ability .. it just tries to upgrade the first one it finds .. if it finds the one already at rank 100 .. the red badges go poof. so the more darmos allies you get .. the harder it will be to upgrade it to max.

for existing extra allies, all he can just do a database check on whoever has more than 14 allies. anyone who does .. all their darmos drone ascendents go poof and they can run thru darmos again to get another one.

then for the 'fix', Dan should just implement a check during the module coversion. if the ally already exists, a popup can ask if the player wants a rank 1 Ascendent ally. if they click yes, their ally gets reset to rank 1.

That makes perfect sense to me.

All that would be left is how to deal with the pre-ally weapons as it seems that the game was intended for 1 Darmos ally OR a Darmos weapon and NOT both.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]