View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Upcoming Energy Changes 

Hey all!

I had some ideas floating around for how to increase the amount of energy players get, but also keep the pace of leveling steady and not 'too fast'. First of all, I plan on changing the "New Rank Energy" to simply fill your energy to full, regardless of which modules you have on.

2nd, there is going to be a big change to how conduits and relays work (the smaller energy modules). Instead of providing max energy, they will provide a quicker energy recharge rate, but at a cost. Each module you install will lower the max energy available for your ship. And of course, there is a limit to the number you can install.

This allows 2 different playstyles. If you are the type of player who comes back a couple times a day, you will benefit from not using the new modules. However, more active players will prefer them.

Thoughts or feedback welcome.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:21 am

Sounds interesting. I am an hourly player, so I will let you know what I think when the changes happen. As for leveling up max out, thats a great idea already. And as for leveling up too fast, I think you should have a Mission attached to it, seems interesting enough, but that is just an idea not to be taken seriously.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:48 pm

I agree it sounds interesting. When I get home it would be nice to have more energy but then in the evening the faster regeneration would be good. Would I be able to uninstall the modules in the morning and then after using the extra energy turn the modules on for evening play?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:34 am
Profile YIM

I hoped you'll decide to fill up that energy on lvl up. However, here comes the question. What is the benefit of investing points to energy, instead of space for generators?

Cheers!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Fantastic idea
Cheers man

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Yea, I also like the idea to change the way crew affect stats (from the other thread). That is great news.

BTW, is there a chance to put all that 'upcoming' or 'whats next' stuff in one place, like the updates thread?

Cheers!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]