View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING! 

Right now Legion Base distributions come while the vast majority of players (from those I have talked to) are sleeping. And because of how they are distributed, many of the players who are contributing the most are getting nothing.

I'll give you the example for me:

I am at about 10k RP/hour. At my level, my max is 75,000. What is happening is as follows:
1) I go to sleep with 0 RP stored
2) 7 hours go by and I have 70k RP stored
3) I get my legion distribution of research (say 2k, so 72k stored)
4) 1 hour goes by, I am maxed out at 75,000 RP.

However, I would have been maxed out at 75,000 RP at 8 hours either way. So in the end, my distribution is being wasted and essentially, I am not getting it. In theory, if this were going to work the way it is implied it should, I should wake up with 77k research (75 from my cap + 2 from the distribution)

To combat this problem, I have one of two suggestions:
A) Allow the leaders to pick the time for distribution in the rules section. This would allow us to choose a time that is the best for the legion to get something from the distribution.
B) Don't automatically credit us for our distribution. Add a button to the news section (maybe under the daily reward) to collect the distribution.

I have this same issue with mineral distribution.

Mon May 09, 2011 2:54 pm

This makes good sense.
I specifically like the idea of a button to get your share.
As an additional idea: if you don't take your share by the next production, it will be divided to everyone else (that is eligible).

Mon May 09, 2011 3:03 pm

I disagree that it implied you would later go over your max, but I do think it would be nice to have a button like that.

Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 pm

FerrusManus wrote:
I disagree that it implied you would later go over your max, but I do think it would be nice to have a button like that.

From the wiki: Base shipments will be made to members even if they have already reached their planet resource capacity.

I guess Option C (which might be easier to implement) would be to just increase our capacity by the amount that the base shipment should be. That would also work.

Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

yea button is a good idea and the timer for the next dump sense we don't want the time to wait and reset when you just collect.

Mon May 09, 2011 3:29 pm

ODragon wrote:
FerrusManus wrote:

From the wiki: Base shipments will be made to members even if they have already reached their planet resource capacity.

Yes, I read that, but it doesn't imply that planetary shipments can go over your limit, it just says that even if you're at your limit you'll still get your Base shipment.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:28 pm

it is only saying if your maxed out then it will go over the max amount for base shipments. you just have to make sure you are ither maxed out before the shipment... or no were cloce to it when you are coming on agin. it never implied that it will increase your max, only that if you are maxed when it is given like the daily reward with rp you wont lose it.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Yes, either have a button to collect or give it out with the daily reward. I max out my mineral points regularly, but had no extra this morning because it maxed out after the base reward was given.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm

A 'collect' option is possible. I assume the idea is for each member to collect separately?

Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 pm

webguydan wrote:
A 'collect' option is possible. I assume the idea is for each member to collect separately?

That was my thought. This way everyone who contributes get something and doesn't lose out because of poor timing.

I would limit it to just what they deserve from the newest shipment so if they miss Friday and Saturday, they would just get Saturday. No reason they should get both.

Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm

I agree with ODragon.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm

I agree that it will be much more flexible to have each player claim their points at their own time. Let us work on a solution for that.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:25 pm

webguydan wrote:
I agree that it will be much more flexible to have each player claim their points at their own time. Let us work on a solution for that.

::swoon::

Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 pm

For my two cents worth, I agree that allowing each person to collect their distribution with a button is a good idea.

Fri May 13, 2011 5:36 pm

I agree with a collection button. Also, if the player hasn't collected by the time of the next distribution, they lose that. Basically works just like the daily reward and will keep them active.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Sat May 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]