View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Some Basic Strategy Tips for New Players 

I agree with the basics of this strategy guide. I was lucky enough to choose the race with bigger ships, but probably would have went with a different profession (of course, if I must change it, I can always buy some GPs). I also blew some level points on Engineers and Scientists at first instead of Decks and Holds, but I do not think I did it to a fatal extent. If I had it to do over, though, I would probably use them for deck space and holds instead.

We will see how the game goes once I am out of beginner mode though... currently waiting for beginner protection to expire before hitting level 20, so that I get my research chains a bit higher before exposing myself to the big bad universe.

Good luck out there!

Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

if you are not even 20 yet, none of your choices will hurt you in the end run. Keep plugging along. For research focus on advanced power systems (for leveling), advanced sensors (to be able to scan and find new planets), and planetary construction (to maximize your planet resources). Unless of course you like to fight :P then weapons/def/shields.

Mon May 31, 2010 9:06 pm

im a newb and my motto is pacifism, id like to simply mine, trade, and supply minerals and artifacts to my legion as they are needed. im not really into pvp. so my questions are as follows.
1. what would you suggest for a play style like mine?
and 2. where can i find the song that you can play in the back ground? its awesome!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:29 pm

Richard Gray wrote:
im a newb and my motto is pacifism, id like to simply mine, trade, and supply minerals and artifacts to my legion as they are needed. im not really into pvp. so my questions are as follows.
1. what would you suggest for a play style like mine?
and 2. where can i find the song that you can play in the back ground? its awesome!

in response to #1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=392
as for music, i have no idea

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:35 pm

ty, thats hilarious and practicle lol. i meant for RP, what should i spend it on and the like. ive been going 2 deck 2 cargo and 1 energy because trade was my main reason for starting to play. i only started today so im only rank 6

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 pm

go 3 decks 1 cargo 1 energy if you want to. no need for 2 cargo per level

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Richard Gray wrote:
ty, thats hilarious and practicle lol. i meant for RP, what should i spend it on and the like. ive been going 2 deck 2 cargo and 1 energy because trade was my main reason for starting to play. i only started today so im only rank 6

well everyone here has their own lowbie strat that has its ups and downs, IMO put everything into energy so you can ride the energy gained by ranking up to your next rank and then get the needed energy fast until about rank 20 where I would then suggest putting it into decks-4 cargo-1

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 pm

ty for the advice. happy Bday btw

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Richard Gray wrote:
ty for the advice. happy Bday btw

tyty

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:39 pm

new newbie question, does scientists increase your research per hour or just give you three points at the time of purchase?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:36 am

Richard Gray wrote:
new newbie question, does scientists increase your research per hour or just give you three points at the time of purchase?

per hour but seeing as you can get more then 100 research per hour on a good planet IMO they're the worst type of crew.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 am

thats of course if your lucky enough to find one that good. i unfortunately am not that lucky i have like 8 planets found and all of them are baren rocks >.<

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:12 am

Richard Gray wrote:
thats of course if your lucky enough to find one that good. i unfortunately am not that lucky i have like 8 planets found and all of them are baren rocks >.<

ya i had some crappy luck at first, just research some better scanners on go on blitz youll find some good ones, the scanning cost dosnt change as you go up with ranks so IE when you get to my point i can scan 200 times after I rank up and get crap loads of planets. so just be patient and dont but rank points into scientists.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:34 am

in that case, is there a better research lab that the starter, im currently researching the planetary structures and i dont want to waste points if it wont get me what i want

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:38 am

Richard Gray wrote:
in that case, is there a better research lab that the starter, im currently researching the planetary structures and i dont want to waste points if it wont get me what i want

ohhh ya it goes up infinitely, im currently at 6 per structure. SIze goes up too but its more efficient each time.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 am

Got lucky and found a Terra, Very Large, Very Abundant research. has extremely rich artifact but im not interested in artifacts at the moment. Woot! is there an end to the research tree?
you said infenitely, surely there is a limit

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 am

Richard Gray wrote:
Got lucky and found a Terra, Very Large, Very Abundant research. has extremely rich artifact but im not interested in artifacts at the moment. Woot! is there an end to the research tree?
you said infenitely, surely there is a limit

ok there is a limit, Dan's sanity

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:01 am

then we are all doomed.
ty again for the answers.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:05 am

Richard Gray wrote:
then we are all doomed.
ty again for the answers.

np

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:14 am

I am at around level 110,

I wouldn't ride that 4 decks 1 cargo thing into the later levels. It comes to a point where you got like 400 or 500 cargo space and you can unequip modules for equipping scanners temporarily. You can sell all your materials for cash, but in 3 or 4 attempts when the bar is full. I do not intend to invest more into cargo until my modules are about 2 or 3 trees up (almost everything is above 50,000 research points right now.)

I also have so much credits that I have very little concern of running out. It's the most replaceable resource by far. When I buy modules I just buy minerals back and forget the tariff. It's easier than collecting 50 kurenite. I keep every type of module on my ship except hulls and I am at the battleship level.

I suggest all decks once you got a good sized cargo or throwing a bit into energy. The only thing I regretted in the beginning was my race and profession but I changed those early on with GP. I was here back when energy cubes could be gained from artifact points and they were somewhat frequent. I think there was under 200 players.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next