View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 When to swich my Dyson and Exotic planet? 

As most of you know who read this already know i have my planets all sorted out for my level...
However when should i switch from cranking out research to cranking out artifacts?

Last edited by Lady Gaga on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:46 pm

When you or want something else. Need to research changing them to that wont hurt.

Need funding ect...

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Nope im all set for funding with 6 other volcanic planets making the dough

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Like I said when you need to change them. You will know when it is time.

If they are fine right now, then they are fine right now.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:09 pm

well if you want a really complex answer...

see what your total research is and try to estimate what your total artifact production has been then look at how many helmsmen you have (probably all from android helmsmen). that divided by 2 is about how many of each artifact you have already recieved. Star chart purgers are probably nerfed, but thats probably the only one. Using defense as a baseline you can determine that if the RP spent on a new defensive module were actually AP, that it may or may not be more efficient. Defense modules probably arent a good baseline though since helmsmen only give 2 rank point equivalents and rescued prisoners give flat out 3 rank points and you can have 8 defensive modules and there are 2 types. It's too confusing for me to want to think about it in literal terms

A simpler idea is to still use helmsmen/2 to figure out how many draws you've had on each artifact, combining that knowledge with what your total artifact production has probably been by comparing it to your RP and pretending each draw was a rescued prisoner used for engineers and comparing that to that to the efficiency of researching new reactors and which would be simpler. hah, simpler.

The real answer is that each tech tree has a point where it becomes less efficient than artifacts and its probably different for each one. The thing is though that artifacts can permanently improve anything except scan and cloak and they will improve more than one thing at the same time, assuming you arent scrapping ship-bots or something stupid. Prisoners can improve decks attack and energy. All of the other things that artifacts can improve, shields, hull defense, decks happen simultaneously, so comparing it to research is rather difficult. Improvements from artifacts don't require decks or upkeep either. Artifacts probably become flat-out more efficient than RP earlier than people would think.

Honestly I wouldn't want to try to do the real math even for myself.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Holy Cow! a bit complex but i get you point

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:51 pm

When you get this planet.

(NOTE: Said planet does not exist.)

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

me likeee... can I have one for my BDay....? :mrgreen:

Image Image

Click Here to Join Storms Torment If you want a signature visit Artists Guild thread or PM me

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:58 pm

That's a awesome color for a planet!

Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Personally, I never would. IMHO, you can edit your other planets to be specific for one resource but your dyson/exotic being the same stat across the board AND soon to be invincible, I think you are better sucking them dry.

My dyson makes over 2K an our in resources split among the three types and I have a free space on it and one +12 building. All the rest are artifact buildings. If I were to put just artifact production arti-buildings and +12 buildings, my total take would be no where near what I am making having it the way it is now.

You want to change your ER research planet into a VR artifact planet, I say have at it.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm

ODragon wrote:
Personally, I never would. IMHO, you can edit your other planets to be specific for one resource but your dyson/exotic being the same stat across the board AND soon to be invincible, I think you are better sucking them dry.

My dyson makes over 2K an our in resources split among the three types and I have a free space on it and one +12 building. All the rest are artifact buildings. If I were to put just artifact production arti-buildings and +12 buildings, my total take would be no where near what I am making having it the way it is now.

You want to change your ER research planet into a VR artifact planet, I say have at it.

I don't understand the logic. At some point it becomes glaringly obvious that artifacts are just plain superior. Maybe not enough to get artifacts from a planet with crappy artifacts, but we're talking about planets with even stats.

Here's an example infomercial style:

Installing mk II proxy universe reactors instead of mk I reactors is going to get you 90 more total energy. it takes 3.2 million RP. If those RP were AP you could use 15 rescued prisoners to get 90 engineers. You would need some ridiculously bad luck to not get 15 rescued prisoners from 3.2m AP.

BUT WAIT THERES MORE
That 3.2m AP will also improve your hull and shields and decks with durtanium brackets, xcharge cells and ship-bots at the same time.

BUT THATS NOT ALL
You wouldn't have to pay upkeep so you wouldn't need as many mining planets, a 3rd whole resource, to buy the tech and support the upkeep.

LIMITED TIME OFFER, ORDER NOW
Artifact improvements don't even require decks

legal disclaimer: that still doesn't mean I wouldn't get the best tech available or go abandoning non-artifact planets.

edit: Oh i think i totally misunderstood what you were saying. Use the smaller more efficient buildings. Yeah. I wasn't trying to be a d*** BTW.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:21 pm

toxic planet nice would be cool to dissolves buildings in 10 days so you have to rebuild at least the normal buildings the others are acid proof :) as for the change I did it when i hit 10k research.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Zod wrote:
I don't understand the logic. At some point it becomes glaringly obvious that artifacts are just plain superior. Maybe not enough to get artifacts from a planet with crappy artifacts, but we're talking about planets with even stats.

It will be a long time before most people get to the point of not needing mining, be it for upkeep, planetary improvements or invasion/colonization.

A dyson has 75 spaces. Say you do 4 starlifters and 3 artifact producing arti-buildings. That gives you +51 artifact. We'll bump it up to a +60 just to make math a little easier. You will get 1,500 resources per hour. Sure you will get a higher percentage of arties this way but you lose out on over 500 possible resources per hour by having it properly spread amongst the resources.

With base research taking 15 mil to finish the last tier, still lots of research for most people and the CT-Lab requiring insane amounts to open up the creations, I think the advice for the average player of 'switch to arties' is no longer completely true.

Arties definitely have their place but there are too many times in this game where we put all our eggs in one basket (because we have to often) that the times when you can get away with splitting, you should.

What happens tomorrow if she loses her 15x toxic or her 15x research plasma, she will take a big hit (because of the super specialization of the planet)?

I think of the Dyson/H-Exotic as being the buffer planet to keep me going until I can find the next one to make up for what I lost. For me, I am making, combined, 730 minerals, 1024 arties 1477.5 research per hour from two planets.

Sure, I could be making more arties but I think the ROI is better this way.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 pm

O my! :shock:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Lady Gaga wrote:
O my! :shock:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL same!! :shock:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

After up get 120 nrg an hour and +12 planet structures.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]