View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mine Trap doesn't work. 

I clicked the 'set' button, then I attacked this Stryll Deep Tracker ship, and no 400 damage was done. I also checked the 'Artifacts' tab and the Actions line said I have no artifacts to use. The mine simply disappeared into thin air. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks....

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:00 am

ThunderSoul wrote:
I clicked the 'set' button, then I attacked this Stryll Deep Tracker ship, and no 400 damage was done. I also checked the 'Artifacts' tab and the Actions line said I have no artifacts to use. The mine simply disappeared into thin air. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks....

Traps only work when another player is aggressive towards you. AKA Someone has to attack you for there to be a chance of a trap going off (more % of your HP done per hit higher % it will go off.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:02 am

It has to attack you. The artifact it (weirdly) uses on you doesn't count. NPC's don't actually attack yet. Usually someone has to take a certain amount of your hp before a trap goes off as well. Ever since people actually started using hulls, omicron mines are more of a distraction. Considering the repair timer, it can theoretically make a difference. IMO only they can only save you if you are online or if they are the quantum firewall or the halcyon trap.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 am

Thank you, I appreciate your input, guys :)

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]