View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Strategies of Elite Ships (SOES)The only 2 stats that matter 

Recently, I took a 3 week break from Empire of the Sun to travel the galaxy and visit a few legions. I spent several days in some, and just popped in for a few seconds in others (looking for NPCs to lock).

In my travels, I was often asked questions about my ship, especially about my stats and how I got to be where I am now. And in those questions, it seemed like folks were very perplexed on how someone can achieve such a high rank and high productions.

I've thought of posting a ship log, but other ships have done that. Instead, I will be more direct and offer some strategies that have guided me in the 3+ years I've been playing.

Before I get into that, let me share some of my ships stats:

Taylor Swift
the Elite
Rank 1603 Dark Smuggler (Litheor Excavator)
Empire Of The Sun (57)
Combat Reputation: Insane

Battles 2180045 (Epic Legend)
Player Kills 8433 (top 5 on the leaderboard)
Deaths from Players 596 (14:1 kill/death ratio)
Non-Player Kills 263727
Planets Found 991
Planets Occupied 328
Planets Captured 399
Missions Completed 3372
Scans Performed 20889
Successful Hacks 12339 (top 5 on the leaderboard)
Successful Raids 12196 (top 10 on the leaderboard)
Medal Points 2055 (tied for 1st on the leaderboard)

Attack (unbuffed): 89727
Defense (unbuffed): 70060
Mining/hr: 52342
Artifact/hr: 140552
Research/hr: 98939

I didn't just become one of the biggest ships in the game, but I had some basic tenets that I have followed over time. The first one is:

The only stats that matter in Galaxy Legion are Attack and AP/hr.

Attack will determine what you can and cannot do in GL.

Higher attack will allow you to kill NPCs with fewer energy. (more NPCs per rank).
Higher attack will allow you to disable enemy ships in PVP faster. (more badges).
Higher attack will allow you to do more damage to bases (better chances for crates).
Higher attack will allow you to take better planets (more resources = faster growth).

But how can you get higher attack? Only though good AP. My ship modules only account for 17,105 attack. The rest of my attack comes from 72,622 tactical officers. Even if I removed all my ship mods (as often the case in the Small Ship Build strategy), I would still have plenty of attack to do what I want.

AP/hr will determine how quickly your ship will grow.

Early in GL history, there were debates on which path was wiser to follow: Research or Artifact? Proponents of Research states that RP was easier to collect and therefore could get a quicker advantage over their opponents. But the champions of Artifacts claimed that AP had an infinite growth period, while growth through RP would plateau (due to the finite # of researched modules). Over time, it's been proven that a long term strategy centered around AP has created the bigger and stronger ships.

Why is it that large (15x+) Artifact worlds will sell in the tens of thousands of CTP, while large Research worlds will fetch only a fraction of that price? Because the good ships know that AP determines the strength of a ship.

Artifact points produce (among other things):

Android Helmsmen (defense)
Android Scientists (research)
Durtanium Brackets (hull)
XCharge Cells (shields)
Rescued Prisoners (attack and energy)

There is no upper limit for growth via Artifacts, which is why elite ships continually produce or purchase large AP worlds.

For me to acquire over 140,000 AP/hr, I have collected the following:

20 planets at least 22x MR Artifact
26 planets 20x MR Artifact
11 planets 15x MR Artifact
196 planets <15x MR Artifact (most pure production)

To show the relationship between Attack and AP/hr, here is the following chart of my last 2 years of GL gameplay:

As my AP has grown, there has been a related growth curve in my attack, as the majority of my rank points from Rescued Prisoners goes into Tactical Officers.

My ships has grown so much, in the last 2 months, I have invaded 36 worlds, including 2 with over 200,000 total invasion defense. If you think your planets are safe from me, think again...

This strategy is not for the get-good-quick type ships (unless you are willing to plunk down tons of GP on terraformers and QSEs). But for those of you who want to become elite over time, this strategy should be the guiding principle of your GL gameplay. The sooner you start to focus on AP production, the quicker you will start growing your ship.

I plan to share some more strategies of elite ships here in the forums over time. For now, I welcome comments and questions here.

Next week's Strategy: the Fastest Way to Increase AP (for Free!)

#1 in GL... and in your heart

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles
Top 10 in Kills, Raids, Hacks and Medal Points
Officer in Empire of the Sun

Last edited by SuperStar on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:54 am

Ty very much for this information. This is exactly the type of blueprint players like me need. Some of us are dedicated players simply lacking direction and a clear growth strategy. The logic in this is quite clear and laid out in an easy to understand and grasp fashion. I have a lot of work to do, but at least after tonight I feel better knowing there is a clear path to adhere to. I really wish I had seen this years ago, and will recommend this advice to anyone I come across needing help. Excellent post. TYVM.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:12 am

This is great. Thanks a bunch Ms.Swift.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:33 am

nice chart. AP/hr is indeed a key stat. but instead of attack, you could probably substitute any other stat and see a similar correlation.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
nice chart. AP/hr is indeed a key stat. but instead of attack, you could probably substitute any other stat and see a similar correlation.
True, but a stat like shield bonus won't allow you to take better-defended planets, disable players and NPCs in fewer shots, or get a higher slot while killing a base.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:37 pm

senatorhung wrote:

Someone should use rank points on cargo and show us the chart of growth. :P

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Cargo Build is OP.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks, very illuminating! And good to see I'm on the right track.

You talk about the 2 key stats being attack and AP production, but what about energy? Without a decent energy to rank ratio you end up not having the energy to take planets, kill bases, npc's and enemy ships. You obviously put some rank points into engineers, what do you consider an ideal amount?

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Energy isn't an easy answer.
Rank and playstyle determine what your max energy should be.

Taylor Swift will cover this.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:01 am

The point of this Strategy series is to illuminate the most important points in a clear and concise manner. GL is a very complex game, which has overwhelmed many players over the last 4 years. My hope is that people will read this series and understand the framework for solid gameplay.

While @senatorhung does bring up that all ships stats will increase with high AP/hr, it doesn't do anyone any good if they put all their rank points into defense. While that may allow their ship to be killed less, it won't help them in any offensive fashion (NPC/PVP/basing/planet invasions).

To answer @swinephil, yes, energy is important. But IMO, energy is secondary in compared to attack. There are several ship builds and game play strategies that focus on energy, but those are very advanced and not recommended for newer/lower-ranked players.

As @Tree7304 refers to, energy should grow as your ship ranks, but on a slower pace versus attack. But, the specifics of those figures will be covered in next Sunday's article (teased in the original post).

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:41 am

Also, if you would like to see a certain topic discussed, feel free to comment in this thread or PM me.

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 pm

I understand the argument made that only attack and artifact production matter, but....

What about energy? I get that having more attack to disable enemies faster really does spread your energy farther, but if you commit too much to your attack where you don't have enough energy to fully utilize your attack, don't you stunt your own growth?

An example : A level 600 ( Like myself. ) with 8000 energy and 7500 attack would go much, much further than a level 600 with 2000 energy and 20,000 attack, would they not?

The one with 20,000 attack makes more efficient use of their energy, but the 8000 energy is able to get further simply due to the sheer amount at their disposal, no?

( I picked numbers at random, so not sure if the numbers I picked would be the best. *Shrugs*

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:18 am
Profile WWW

Empmortakaten wrote:
I understand the argument made that only attack and artifact production matter, but....

What about energy? I get that having more attack to disable enemies faster really does spread your energy farther, but if you commit too much to your attack where you don't have enough energy to fully utilize your attack, don't you stunt your own growth?

An example : A level 600 ( Like myself. ) with 8000 energy and 7500 attack would go much, much further than a level 600 with 2000 energy and 20,000 attack, would they not?

The one with 20,000 attack makes more efficient use of their energy, but the 8000 energy is able to get further simply due to the sheer amount at their disposal, no?

( I picked numbers at random, so not sure if the numbers I picked would be the best. *Shrugs*

Taylor Swift's post didn't say ignore your energy to increase attack. It said
superstar wrote:
energy should grow as your ship ranks, but on a slower pace versus attack

I take that to mean that more of my rank points go to tactical officers than engineers. Such as in a 3:2 ratio or maybe 2:1.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:51 am

Persephone wrote:
Empmortakaten wrote:

superstar wrote:

I take that to mean that more of my rank points go to tactical officers than engineers. Such as in a 3:2 ratio or maybe 2:1.

I missed that part somehow.

I shall now slink back into the shadows in shame.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:57 am
Profile WWW

Empmortakaten wrote:
Persephone wrote:
Empmortakaten wrote:

superstar wrote:

No no, don't slink. I am enjoying reading about your journey to turn your ship around. It is quite informative.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:01 am

@Empmortakaten, I'll go over energy management next week. To reiterate, these posts are not meant to be all-encompassing. If I put down all the strategies that go into my play style, the post would be longer than the wiki :ugeek:

But I will go touch upon energy management in the next post. Should be up next Sunday.

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 am

Empmortakaten wrote:

Oh do not do that, I thought it was a great question, and teachers usually love it when students ask good questions. You might notice that the question was good enough that it helped Taylor figure out what the next strategy post will be about.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:09 pm

SuperStar wrote:
Also, if you would like to see a certain topic discussed, feel free to comment in this thread or PM me.

Wayyy to much info bro :D

Some legions are very happy out there that they sit at 20, 30, 40, 50k aph per hour and are Aerlen Fixers and collect 60-70k aph daily from their bases which gives them no more then 7-12 rescue prisoners daily combined which equals no more then 36 rank points daily.

Then you made this post which clearly shows you could pull over 100 rank points daily with the help of an excavator race. :D

Now their harts gonna beat faster and figured it out that all this years they been doing it wrong and some top guys out there in thier legions knew this the whole time and no one pointed out this to them instead they let them be they way they are until this post.. :D

Why created confusion for them?

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:46 pm

SuperStar wrote:
Recently, I took a 3 week break from Empire of the Sun to travel the galaxy and visit a few legions. I spent several days in some, and just popped in for a few seconds in others (looking for NPCs to lock).

In my travels, I was often asked questions about my ship, especially about my stats and how I got to be where I am now. And in those questions, it seemed like folks were very perplexed on how someone can achieve such a high rank and high productions.

I've thought of posting a ship log, but other ships have done that. Instead, I will be more direct and offer some strategies that have guided me in the 3+ years I've been playing.

Before I get into that, let me share some of my ships stats:

Taylor Swift
the Elite
Rank 1603 Dark Smuggler (Litheor Excavator)
Empire Of The Sun (57)
Combat Reputation: Insane

Battles 2180045 (Epic Legend)
Player Kills 8433 (top 5 on the leaderboard)
Deaths from Players 596 (14:1 kill/death ratio)
Non-Player Kills 263727
Planets Found 991
Planets Occupied 328
Planets Captured 399
Missions Completed 3372
Scans Performed 20889
Successful Hacks 12339 (top 5 on the leaderboard)
Successful Raids 12196 (top 10 on the leaderboard)
Medal Points 2055 (tied for 1st on the leaderboard)

Attack (unbuffed): 89727
Defense (unbuffed): 70060
Mining/hr: 52342
Artifact/hr: 140552
Research/hr: 98939

I didn't just become one of the biggest ships in the game, but I had some basic tenets that I have followed over time. The first one is:

The only stats that matter in Galaxy Legion are Attack and AP/hr.

Attack will determine what you can and cannot do in GL.

Higher attack will allow you to kill NPCs with fewer energy. (more NPCs per rank).
Higher attack will allow you to disable enemy ships in PVP faster. (more badges).
Higher attack will allow you to do more damage to bases (better chances for crates).
Higher attack will allow you to take better planets (more resources = faster growth).

But how can you get higher attack? Only though good AP. My ship modules only account for 17,105 attack. The rest of my attack comes from 72,622 tactical officers. Even if I removed all my ship mods (as often the case in the Small Ship Build strategy), I would still have plenty of attack to do what I want.

AP/hr will determine how quickly your ship will grow.

Early in GL history, there were debates on which path was wiser to follow: Research or Artifact? Proponents of Research states that RP was easier to collect and therefore could get a quicker advantage over their opponents. But the champions of Artifacts claimed that AP had an infinite growth period, while growth through RP would plateau (due to the finite # of researched modules). Over time, it's been proven that a long term strategy centered around AP has created the bigger and stronger ships.

Why is it that large (15x+) Artifact worlds will sell in the tens of thousands of CTP, while large Research worlds will fetch only a fraction of that price? Because the good ships know that AP determines the strength of a ship.

Artifact points produce (among other things):

Android Helmsmen (defense)
Android Scientists (research)
Durtanium Brackets (hull)
XCharge Cells (shields)
Rescued Prisoners (attack and energy)

There is no upper limit for growth via Artifacts, which is why elite ships continually produce or purchase large AP worlds.

For me to acquire over 140,000 AP/hr, I have collected the following:

20 planets at least 22x MR Artifact
26 planets 20x MR Artifact
11 planets 15x MR Artifact
196 planets <15x MR Artifact (most pure production)

To show the relationship between Attack and AP/hr, here is the following chart of my last 2 years of GL gameplay:

As my AP has grown, there has been a related growth curve in my attack, as the majority of my rank points from Rescued Prisoners goes into Tactical Officers.

My ships has grown so much, in the last 2 months, I have invaded 36 worlds, including 2 with over 200,000 total invasion defense. If you think your planets are safe from me, think again...

This strategy is not for the get-good-quick type ships (unless you are willing to plunk down tons of GP on terraformers and QSEs). But for those of you who want to become elite over time, this strategy should be the guiding principle of your GL gameplay. The sooner you start to focus on AP production, the quicker you will start growing your ship.

I plan to share some more strategies of elite ships here in the forums over time. For now, I welcome comments and questions here.

Next week's Strategy: the Fastest Way to Increase AP (for Free!)

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 pm

added a couple of arti/hr charts to the ship log showdown for comparison:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33029&start=33

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 pm