View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ALERT: TUE02: The VARA Integration 
Cendant wrote:

TheCapzi wrote:
Lasts 2 days, 2 days cooldown, doesn't that mean one planet?

Wolfy Minion wrote:
TheCapzi wrote:
Lasts 2 weeks, 2 days cooldown, doesn't that mean seven planets

Just so people are aware.

Nope, sorry. The 4% bonus is doubled on planets that have been attacked in the last 2 weeks, which is probably where you got confused. Still, this could be worth about 800 AP/h on an awesome Rift. :D

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 am

Wolfy Minion wrote:
TheCapzi wrote:

No reread it, TheCapzi was right. the 2 weeks refers to the bonus doubling.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:40 am

Joseph4 wrote:
Nope, sorry. The 4% bonus is doubled on planets that have been attacked in the last 2 weeks, which is probably where you got confused. Still, this could be worth about 800 AP/h on an awesome Rift. :D

Only if it was a nice Dyson within the last two weeks was then rifted, but yes especially if you trelith on top of it.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:14 am

mrshmee wrote:
Wolfy Minion wrote:
TheCapzi wrote:

No reread it, TheCapzi was right. the 2 weeks refers to the bonus doubling.

Wolfy's post went over your head. He's tipping you off that the best use is on planets you've just liberated. ;)

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:15 am
Profile WWW

Wolfy's post went over your head. He's tipping you off that the best use is on planets you've just liberated. ;)[/quote]

Over nobody's head. The post is still wrong.
It doesn't last 2 weeks and you won't ever have it on seven planets at the same time !

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 am

Yes I made a mistake and read it wrong, thought it lasted 2 weeks, my bad. As for the invasions, it is pretty much pointless. Unless you manage to screw up your mission exotic horribly, it will have more than 2x most planets you invade. Your Dyson/rifts will be much higher meaning you are better off just using it on which ever mission planet is highest. It is a weaker version of trelilth ability. 1 planet for 4%. I almost rather it was 1 day with 1 day cooldown so that it would keep up with the trelilth as I miss the time a few seconds daily. For a biweekly it is pretty awesome, but much less awesome than I accidentally took it for, o well.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 am

I finally hit 500% today and i was looking for any other posts about it already first but it looks like for the first time i may have been the first person to finish the mission that actually posts on the forum with the honor to share the news of the activated ability, for better or worse.

Final Stats:

VARA Interface
Size: 20 Defense +240 Shield +420
Activated Ability: Boosts a planets production by 4% for 2 days - plus an additional 4% if the planet was attacked in the last 2 weeks. Requires 200 energy 48 hr cooldown

I have to say, i wasn't expecting a planet effect as an activated ability on a ship module. I'm also not sure i like the fact the the effect lasts 2 days with a 2 day cool down, because that means you can only have the effect on 1 planet at a time, ever. BUT...it's also a permanent module effect, it's not a GP refill item. You just have to wait 48 hrs for each use.

If i could change anything at all with it, i would lower the cool down to 20 hrs.

7 Titles, 13 Ship Designs

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 pm

http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
First post in that section, but thanks for the summary.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:08 pm

look harder...

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:11 pm

In the past this was always posted in the pub for discussion, in my humble opinion it doesn't belong in the beginners hub since no "beginner" could do this mission. No one under rank 200 could have had the energy pool to finish this.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Caladis wrote:
In the past this was always posted in the pub for discussion, in my humble opinion it doesn't belong in the beginners hub since no "beginner" could do this mission. No one under rank 200 could have had the energy pool to finish this.

I had suggested it go in Strategy, but no one ever believes me. The Pub isn't the right place because it isn't off-topic. Furthermore, only members of the Forum can see the Pub, and some people might want to see this information without joining the Forum.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Caladis wrote:

I merged your post with the current one on this topic. The mission is open to rank 50+.
Whether they have the energy and/or arties to do it is a different question.

As to where it should be posted, I've chosen the Beginner's Hub as it is an on-topic forum; and a good place for questions and comments. Unless Dan says otherwise, I will continue to post the bi-weekly alerts here.

While you were late with the info, it was already posted in this thread, it is very much appreciated that you tried to help the community and no one can fault you for that.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Ok, that makes more sense than i gave it credit for. Thank you for doing your part to make the forum easier to use.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Cendant wrote:

Um......Is this bonus from MY planets being attacked or planets I attacked in the last 2 weeks?

It's probably my planets being attacked but I just want to be sure. Thanks ^_^

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:00 pm

you use it on a single planet, and get a nice VARA Interface Link : Production +4%
but if that planet have been attacked in the last 2 weeks, the bonus is instead VARA Interface Link : Production +8%

it doesnt matter who attacked it, if you attack and invade a planet you will get the 8% bonus if you use the ability on it

but as it's the planet you use it on that needs to have been attacked in the last 2 weeks to get the extra 4%, so the max bonus you can get from it on Rifts and other Invincible planets is 4%

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Sweet! thanks a lot :D

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2